House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

Ok, I appologise for that outburst with regards to Manchester, they have more sense than the rest.

Whoever in the north voted in this current sh1tshow needs to be sent to the gallows imo.

Ok, I appologise for that outburst with regards to Manchester, they have more sense than the rest.

Whoever in the north voted in this current sh1tshow needs to be sent to the gallows imo.

Yes we do!

HOLA442
HOLA443

Did your region vote for Boris?  I know many people were lied to by that fooking battle bus, so many are not to blame for this total disaster that we are now looking at in the face.

FFS, how did Great Britain get to this?

Nope, its a pure red area within the 60. There are a few "lets let the government rip the taxpayer off by enriching their mates" voters south of the city, but we in the city have more sense than that.

Frankly the country should be up in arms about the levels of cronyism and actual fraud going on, but nobody seems to mind when a clown delivers the story.

Its the same with brexit. Its a shit idea but might have worked if it wasnt for the Torys lining their own pockets at the expense of the country.

Edited by Chunketh

HOLA444

Operation Backpedal underway, Merkel and Rutte seem to be saying, "you know where we deliberately took out the intensify negotiations line and said the UK has to make all the necessary moves, well that was just a misunderstanding."

All very muddled at moment.

Act 3 from Merkel, forcing another Boris U-turn.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Will they put him in the same box (or fridge) with BJ?

Maybe.

The EU business lobby and all countries bar France are pushing for a deal.

Macron, who risks political wipeout is pushing for a deal for a cake-an-eat-it deal for French fishermen - national image n all.

EU needs the rupture between the French politics/German money of the 80s.

HOLA447

image.png.62083413bf15c2c9ed14eedc98a670bc.png

Just wanted to share with you a couple of ar$holes on my traitor list,
that have done more than most to bring my country to this point.
Remember!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Like the charlie hebdo ones?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/16/french-police-shoot-man-dead-after-knife-attack-near-paris-school

poor france a country i love and has mostly the right concerns

The French govt should put those cartoons on giant posters on every street corner, then the extremist nutcases who can't handle a joke about Mohamed will have to get used to it.

HOLA4411

The French govt should put those cartoons on giant posters on every street corner, then the extremist nutcases who can't handle a joke about Mohamed will have to get used to it.

How little you understand. They will never get used to it. There would be bombs on street corners, and violence against infidels everywhere. You want them all locked up?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I voted remain and want to know the effect of no deal on my cost of living. Any one have any idea how much more shopping will cost this time next year?

It depends if there's a tariff free deal or not... Some foodstuffs can hit 40% tariffs.... There's going to be a massive glut of Lamb (initially)...

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-landowners-warn-of-lamb-surplus-after-no-deal-brexit/amp/

We import 45% of our food...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/food-statistics-pocketbook/food-statistics-in-your-pocket-global-and-uk-supply

HOLA4414

UK Farmers concerned over low quality meat imports after Brexit

Earlier this week, MPs rejected the latest attempt to require imported food to meet domestic legal standards from Jan. 1, 2021. They struck down a House of Lords amendment to the Agriculture Bill to force trade deals to meet Britain's animal welfare and food safety rules.

The Agriculture Bill is designed to prepare the British farming industry for the new situation when Britain no longer has to follow the laws and rules of the EU next year.

A major discussion in the parliament has been securing a post-Brexit U.S. trade deal. Due to Britain's position, campaigners have warned that it could be forced to accept lower standards to secure that future U.S. trade deal.

"It would reduce livestock production to significantly lower welfare standards than would be permissible here...So they could effectively put cheap beef, cheap poultry into our markets, produce the standards that we are not allowed to produce here and undercut our producers," said West.

A saturated meat market could be devastating for British farm businesses already struggling with the transition of Britain out of the EU.

people

HOLA4415

UK Farmers concerned over low quality meat imports after Brexit

Earlier this week, MPs rejected the latest attempt to require imported food to meet domestic legal standards from Jan. 1, 2021. They struck down a House of Lords amendment to the Agriculture Bill to force trade deals to meet Britain's animal welfare and food safety rules.

The Agriculture Bill is designed to prepare the British farming industry for the new situation when Britain no longer has to follow the laws and rules of the EU next year.

A major discussion in the parliament has been securing a post-Brexit U.S. trade deal. Due to Britain's position, campaigners have warned that it could be forced to accept lower standards to secure that future U.S. trade deal.

"It would reduce livestock production to significantly lower welfare standards than would be permissible here...So they could effectively put cheap beef, cheap poultry into our markets, produce the standards that we are not allowed to produce here and undercut our producers," said West.

A saturated meat market could be devastating for British farm businesses already struggling with the transition of Britain out of the EU.

people

Ah, yes UK farmers.

Remind me, which country has only recently ad its beef approved after most countries banned it due to transmission of deadly brain prion?

HOLA4416

image.png.62083413bf15c2c9ed14eedc98a670bc.png

Just wanted to share with you a couple of ar$holes on my traitor list,
that have done more than most to bring my country to this point.
Remember!

Agree, hanging, drawing and quartering are too go for this lot. But send them to the tower!

HOLA4417

I voted remain and want to know the effect of no deal on my cost of living. Any one have any idea how much more shopping will cost this time next year?

A no deal will certainly hike the cost of food from the EU.....tariffs are not cheap.

Will just have to spend less and eat out less......people only have a set budget, more spent on food means less spent on other things.........no more fag and booze cruises (duty to increase to pay back cost of covid?).......only can stay three months at any one time, health cover required, only young, wealthy and healthy need apply..... ;)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Alarm among some of the more neutral pundits today over Gove's article in The Times and his Marr appearance...he's been cited as one of the few ministers arguing powerfully in cabinet for a deal.

Gove lays out the party line...EU have pulled the rug on FTA talks...we've been a loyal partner for 45 years but they won't treat us like Canada...fundamental change needed now from EU.

Question now is whether a move on fish - high-fiving with Macron - will be enough of a smokescreen for the UK govt to move on LPF. But this insistence on citing Canada is worrying, suggests that the UK are more inflexible on subsidy control than I'd thought.

By the way, Marr is wrong on Afghanistan, as per below, I think. I believe they have zero tariffs on all exports to EU outside munitions...EU initiative to help their economy.

(Trade and trade contracts are complex and nuanced. It's not a subject that crosses over easily into snappy political soundbites and panel groups with voters. Sadly this is a large part of the reason why the Brexit debate has always been so debased and inaccurate - politicians reach for quick and relatable comparisons - Canada for instance - that aren't factually correct and are easily ridiculed).

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Alarm among some of the more neutral pundits today over Gove's article in The Times and his Marr appearance...he's been cited as one of the few ministers arguing powerfully in cabinet for a deal.

Gove lays out the party line...EU have pulled the rug on FTA talks...we've been a loyal partner for 45 years but they won't treat us like Canada...fundamental change needed now from EU.

Question now is whether a move on fish - high-fiving with Macron - will be enough of a smokescreen for the UK govt to move on LPF. But this insistence on citing Canada is worrying, suggests that the UK are more inflexible on subsidy control than I'd thought.

By the way, Marr is wrong on Afghanistan, as per below, I think. I believe they have zero tariffs on all exports to EU outside munitions...EU initiative to help their economy.

(Trade and trade contracts are complex and nuanced. It's not a subject that crosses over easily into snappy political soundbites and panel groups with voters. Sadly this is a large part of the reason why the Brexit debate has always been so debased and inaccurate - politicians reach for quick and relatable comparisons - Canada for instance - that aren't factually correct and are easily ridiculed).

Imagine if Boris after divorce telling his ex wife, she needs to treat him better and more preferable, because he has been a loyal partner for xx years.

Edited by rollover

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
3 hours ago, thehowler said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything_but_Arms