House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 142.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• jonb2

• thehowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

They're concerned about a return to violence after imposition of border. The UK won't put up a hard border, deal or no deal.

If Biden gets in it will probably make things easier with the Brit public for the UK govt negotiating any US FTA.

Brexit boomerang effect again. Like all those people saying we mustn't pursue a US deal, now saying it's a disaster we won't get one.

We are doing very nicely under the current arrangements. We should be content to be at the back of the queue for as long as we can get away with.

Im not sure people did say/are saying musnt pursue a US deal.

Personally its a potential benefit from a crappy overall picture. To not have a US deal OR an EU deal would be disastrous for Brexit as a policy.

Personally I might profit from a US deal, maybe 10% off a Tesla Roadster, but the UK will not as the current deal is loaded in our favour.  We will eventually have to do a deal whoever wins the election as the US now has UK/US trade as one of the imbalances it wants to sort out.  

Brexiteers are still pushing for one because they need a favourable US trade deal to help validate Brexit, they won't get one but they still live in hope.

Apologies, you were replying to me. Nothing to do with CH, I was just wishing that I could draw a decent cartoon of Mark Francois raging on the beach at Dover with smoke coming out of his ears.

i thought it was a reference, so sorry too. But what is wrong with the Guy? he is like some kind of internet bot. Round and round we all go here. The only interest i have left is that it is like debating the religious. i want to get inside peoples heads i guess. It was abolutely inconceivable the UK would vote leave even 10 years ago, yet here we are. But having had the vote were ******ed, its either democracy or it isnt. Personally roll on the robot revoution -we obviously cannot trust humans to make decisions.

Edited by debtlessmanc

They're concerned about a return to violence after imposition of border. The UK won't put up a hard border, deal or no deal.

If Biden gets in it will probably make things easier with the Brit public for the UK govt negotiating any US FTA.

Brexit boomerang effect again. Like all those people saying we mustn't pursue a US deal, now saying it's a disaster we won't get one.

Brexiteers are the only one willing a US trade deal over an EU deal. Boomerang effect indeed, blaming Remainders.

Brexiteers are the only one willing a US trade deal over an EU deal. Boomerang effect indeed, blaming Remainders.

Twisted Brexit logic:

Favour US deal when throwing British farmers under the bus at the same time as disgruntled EU deal and overemphasize the role of fishing industry.

It's a double standard, isn't it?

Twisted Brexit logic:

Favour US deal when throwing British farmers under the bus at the same time as disgruntled EU deal and overemphasize the role of fishing industry.

Its a pathetic, shambolic mess.

Twisted Brexit logic:

If the UK is negotiating rationally (a significant assumption I know) then surely the UK is "bigging up" the fish issue to get maximum value for it when we finally throw it on the table.  That would be a pretty classic negotiating tactic - take an issue that you're prepared to compromise on, make it look like it's a massive issue ("this would be poilitcal suicide for the PM") then trade it away at the last minute for the stuff you really want to get the deal over the line.

It was abolutely inconceivable the UK would vote leave even 10 years ago,

It was totally conceivable. The reason we were never allowed a vote on Maastricht or Lisbon, is that the political parties  never trusted the electorate to vote the 'right' way - i.e. their way.

i thought it was a reference, so sorry too. But what is wrong with the Guy? he is like some kind of internet bot. Round and round we all go here. The only interest i have left is that it is like debating the religious. i want to get inside peoples heads i guess. It was abolutely inconceivable the UK would vote leave even 10 years ago, yet here we are. But having had the vote were ******ed, its either democracy or it isnt. Personally roll on the robot revoution -we obviously cannot trust humans to make decisions.

A friend of mine was a housemaster at a well known international school in Switzerland. He said that the Swiss would never have got themselves into this mess as they would have imposed a 60% threshold for change.

Yep it's nice meet, it is always cheaper purely becasue of the fact there is a lot more of it per cow, Loin and fillet cuts are much smaller in volume, so more expensive. If you want a really good roast get a Topside cut, it's almost rump steak as it is cut from where the lower rump progresses into the top flank of the rear leg, the round,

Who cares I just whack any old lump of beef in the £1500 steam oven while I decide where to brown it up in the other 2 ovens 🤣

You can't beat the flavour of a good, marbled, rump steak.

I'm no stranger to steak. The problem with rump is you very seldom get a decent cut of rump in a supermarket and so home results are always going to be poor. A ribeye or sirloin is a lot more forgiving for home cooking. Heck, even a cheaper butler's steak can be better than a rump. I can't recall the last time I saw a properly marbled rump in a supermarket.

But, I'm always ready to revisit culinary opinions. I'll go and spend some decent money on a decent rump again and see if I can change my mind.

I'm no stranger to steak. The problem with rump is you very seldom get a decent cut of rump in a supermarket and so home results are always going to be poor. A ribeye or sirloin is a lot more forgiving for home cooking. Heck, even a cheaper butler's steak can be better than a rump. I can't recall the last time I saw a properly marbled rump in a supermarket.

But, I'm always ready to revisit culinary opinions. I'll go and spend some decent money on a decent rump again and see if I can change my mind.

Yes, even fillet from the supermarkets can have the odd tough piece with gristle. I have noticed that this is sometimes worse with the aged beef (more expensive) and sometimes the Scottish branded steak as opposed to British labelled steak.  I doubt it is the origin or ageing process that is the issue, more how it is cut.

In general the local butchers is much better, but you do pay a lot more and there is always a long queue.