House Price Crash Forum

Match of the Day.............oFF

Maghull Mike

HOLA441

https://news.sky.com/story/gary-lineker-stepping-back-from-role-as-match-of-the-day-presenter-12830108

Never liked him, the BBC was TOO worried that he leave.........these people NEVER back off, My Late Father was given the job of sorting out unproductive factory in the 1970's. Other had failed, he didn't..........he drew the line, 3 pricks crossed it...........he sacked them. Next week he got ready to sack the next 3...............but he found EVERYONE towing the line.............it was that easy.......i think the BBC will suddenly find that the "Problems"  have gone.

Mike  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Maghull Mike said:

https://news.sky.com/story/gary-lineker-stepping-back-from-role-as-match-of-the-day-presenter-12830108

Never liked him, the BBC was TOO worried that he leave.........these people NEVER back off, My Late Father was given the job of sorting out unproductive factory in the 1970's. Other had failed, he didn't..........he drew the line, 3 pricks crossed it...........he sacked them. Next week he got ready to sack the next 3...............but he found EVERYONE towing the line.............it was that easy.......i think the BBC will suddenly find that the "Problems"  have gone.

Mike  

While losing millions of viewers to boot. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
11 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

The BBC woke coverage of the world cup sickened me.

On the very first day the opening ceremony was cancelled while those boring pr1cks on MOTD talked about how bad Qatar was for a fooking hour.

Maybe there're more importing things going on in the world than watching a bunch of mega rich entitled pricks kicking a cowskin sack around a field. Or you'd rather have your dumbed down bread a circuses. Good on the BBC.

HOLA448

Used to watch it religiously but not for a long time. The prem has been covered exclusively by BT Soorts and Sky for many years now, but you now have Amazon Prime in the mix. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if the BBC wanted to drop him and this was a decent excuse to do so. Sky/BT have far better pundits. Far more entertaining.

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Brendan110_0 said:

While losing millions of viewers to boot. 

I doubt he's much of a draw these days, most of the audience is likely too young to even remember the 1986 and 1990 World Cups, and as a presenter he's nothing special.

Unless they try to shoe-horn Alex Scott, or some other box ticking exercise, in his place, of course.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Maghull Mike said:

Mike  

Let me guess, as a football pundit he should never venture opinion outside the game? While his detractors can say whatever they like?

"He should stick to football" says the bricklayer venturing an opinion on his right to have an opinion.

STFU and suck it up. He is a sports commentator, not a presenter of the "Today" program. His opinion is just as valid as yours. Quit whinging because he is popular and your opinion isn't.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Maghull Mike said:

Mike  

Someone who had compassion and integrity . Played at the top of his sport , always the consummate professional.  widely respected across the global football community . 
As a football fan and semi professional player in my past, I observe he hosted a program with whit , knowledge and great balance / objectivity .

sorry he’s not your Daily Mail pin-up of hate and loathing .  

your story about the family exactly typifies why so many business and industries in the UK have failed to adapt to the modern era and w hardly have any factories left. Hardly a beacon for great model for business leadership .

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
33 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Let me guess, as a football pundit he should never venture opinion outside the game? While his detractors can say whatever they like?

"He should stick to football" says the bricklayer venturing an opinion on his right to have an opinion.

STFU and suck it up. He is a sports commentator, not a presenter of the "Today" program. His opinion is just as valid as yours. Quit whinging because he is popular and your opinion isn't.

News today that David Attenborough has also had a programme cancelled.

Loony Right skipfire - they've been carping and whining verbal diarrhoea about the media for years and this is the result.

Wake up sheeple - its later than you think !

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Maghull Mike said:

Mike  

HOLA4417

Perhaps they should try:-

He called himself “the only rat to join a sinking ship” and helped to boost ratings from 100,000 to 1.8 million. And Roland appeared on Good Morning Britain's predecessor Daybreak last year with Kate Garraway and Aled Jones to mark the 30th anniversary of morning shows on ITV

Edited by Maghull Mike

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, mynamehere said:

At this rate Match of the day turns into gb news, no one will touch it and they have to get Matt letissier in.  

Too late someones already latched onto that idea:

MattLeT.jpg

Funny thing is Jermain Jenas was on Michael McIntyres show the other week and the jokes were all about he is after Gary's job.

Edited by nightowl

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, pig said:

News today that David Attenborough has also had a programme cancelled.

For suggesting that trashing the world is not a great idea - apparently they were worried that such ideas could trigger a right wing backlash. 

2 hours ago, pig said:

Loony Right skipfire - they've been carping and whining verbal diarrhoea about the media for years and this is the result.

Wake up sheeple - its later than you think ! 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
7 hours ago, Chunketh said:

That is unfair. I am sure that if a presenter on a car programme offereed right leaing political opinions, all these highly outraged protesters would have been just as upset! :D

To suggest otherwise would be to call them fools and liars.

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

That is unfair. I am sure that if a presenter on a car programme offereed right leaing political opinions, all these highly outraged protesters would have been just as upset! :D

To suggest otherwise would be to call them fools and liars.

I wonder IF he do the same?

Start an internet based show

Mike

HOLA4424
HOLA4425