House Price Crash Forum

Will we see our Prime Minister resign in the very near future?

HOLA441
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Imagine that. Turn over the country into Plague Island (the laughing stock of the world) and half the populous into dribbling clowns with your lies and deceit, yet still get rewarded:

Boris Johnson in line for £18,000 golden goodbye – but this will be dwarfed by his earnings in private sector

The outgoing Prime Minister will also be entitled to claim a £115,000 annual allowance to fund his 'public life' staff and office expenses

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
9 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

<Caroline Lucas - Twitter>

I appreciate the irony of the leader of the Green party accusing other parties of a lack of seriousness.

14 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

The very first thing Truss said the country needs to do is build roads and homes. Interesting sign of her priorities.

I interpret this as a clear sign that it is extremely likely that no roads or homes will be built.

Edited by A.steve

HOLA4417
10 hours ago, Brendan110_0 said:

We're actually ******ed.

Yes, there was a small chance of a change in direction....1st order of the day £160Bn hand out.

Why not send everyone 4 season sleeping bag and tell them to turn the gas off.  The gas people would soon drop their prices.

It's just another backdoor bailout for the rich.

Nothing changes now till the £ goes to zero.

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, A.steve said:

I interpret this as a clear sign that it is extremely likely that no roads or homes will be built.

Fingers crossed that that's the case! Far more than enough damage has been done already by development, not that a large proportion of the country actually give a fvck about the country they live in and happily cheer this vandalism on (probably all for dropping litter and smashing bus shelters too).

HOLA4419

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/pmqs-the-new-iron-lady-thinks-she-is-box-office-but-rusts-on-opening-night-334478/#utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=onesignalwp&utm_campaign=sitepush

PMQs – The new iron lady thinks she is box office but rusts on opening night

It's straight to DVD for this one, which could be an issue given that most Tory members still rely on VHS tapes they found in bargain baskets at Woolworths.

There was no real scrutiny from the hoi polloi, aside from a few interviews in front of her obsessive fans.

Truss just said anything she thinks they wanted to hear. Hate the French? Have some of that. Cut the green crap? Yeh we will frack the place. 

These are hardcore Tories. It was like a conservative comic con.

So what we have been left with is a cosplay Thatcher, trying to rekindle the character from the first film.

Truss has got rid who has got rid of Patel and Nads, but as Stewart Pearson says in the Thick of It: “You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a while you realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of c*nts.”

So what did she say today? She will not tax oil and gas companies instead we will pay over the next 30 years for the energy cap freeze, she will drill in the north sea and build some nuclear power stations.

The market will get us out of the mess the market got us into in the first place. It’s groundhog day.

HOLA4420
5 hours ago, Dweller said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/pmqs-the-new-iron-lady-thinks-she-is-box-office-but-rusts-on-opening-night-334478/#utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=onesignalwp&utm_campaign=sitepush

PMQs – The new iron lady thinks she is box office but rusts on opening night

It's straight to DVD for this one, which could be an issue given that most Tory members still rely on VHS tapes they found in bargain baskets at Woolworths.

There was no real scrutiny from the hoi polloi, aside from a few interviews in front of her obsessive fans.

Truss just said anything she thinks they wanted to hear. Hate the French? Have some of that. Cut the green crap? Yeh we will frack the place. 

These are hardcore Tories. It was like a conservative comic con.

So what we have been left with is a cosplay Thatcher, trying to rekindle the character from the first film.

Truss has got rid who has got rid of Patel and Nads, but as Stewart Pearson says in the Thick of It: “You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a while you realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of c*nts.”

So what did she say today? She will not tax oil and gas companies instead we will pay over the next 30 years for the energy cap freeze, she will drill in the north sea and build some nuclear power stations.

The market will get us out of the mess the market got us into in the first place. It’s groundhog day.

Interesting that the ERG is trending on twitter, Truss as their puppet. 

HOLA4421
9 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Fingers crossed that that's the case! Far more than enough damage has been done already by development, not that a large proportion of the country actually give a fvck about the country they live in and happily cheer this vandalism on (probably all for dropping litter and smashing bus shelters too).

I quite like houses... I especially like nice ones. I think they improve the environment relative to  tents or slums or uninhabited wasteland.  I think villages improve countryside.  As for roads, I'm with Clarkeson... I also think that good roads are magnificent monuments... at least as culturally significant as any wonders of the ancient world.  I'm not into destruction for the sake of destruction... but I dislike the bus - despite BoJo claiming them favourite and that he made models of them in his free time.

Are you opposed to mankind dominating its environment for religious reasons?  Do you ascribe to the ideologies of Extinction Rebellion?  What do you think a country is - if it is not the interests of its inhabitants?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
37 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Sorry to go all green cr@p on you, but its inhabitants aren't exclusively humans

The inhabitants of the land and sea where people believe a country exists are not exclusively human... but the inhabitants of a country are exclusively human because a country is a human concept.

HOLA4425