House Price Crash Forum

Dirty Tory Corruption

HOLA441
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I voted for Boris twice having never ever in my life voted Tory before, but only because of Brexit, and to keep Corbyn out, but I had to hold my nose...now I am one of millions deeply regretting the fact that we had no choice but him. Princess Nut Nuts is running number 10 now, but their days are numbered, and then we will have an establishment replacement like Gove who will be even worse. British politics is an absolute nightmare, and our democracy a sham.

HOLA443
25 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

I voted for Boris twice having never ever in my life voted Tory before, but only because of Brexit, and to keep Corbyn out, but I had to hold my nose...now I am one of millions deeply regretting the fact that we had no choice but him. Princess Nut Nuts is running number 10 now, but their days are numbered, and then we will have an establishment replacement like Gove who will be even worse. British politics is an absolute nightmare, and our democracy a sham.

As I've commented before, "It's all about Brexit".

Brexiteers voted for BJ, because they wanted Brexit, and Remainers voted For BJ because they didn't want Corbyn. All orchestrated by Cummings, who is now positioned to oust BJ.

HOLA444

I didn't vote for Boris.

First time in my long old life I didn't vote (and have always been blue to keep the proles at bay).

But he's so obviously corrupt, and so obviously led by his impulses, greed, and all the rest. That on top of the absolute disaster we've been since getting back into power in 2010. It quickly became about self enrichment for Cameron and Osborne, not sorting the country out. In fact it got markedly worse than it ever was under Blue Labour before.

The only problem I'm having at the moment is working out which one is working for Russia. Cummings or BoJo? 

Find it hard to see past Putin's retaliation threats a few weeks back. 

Edited by byron78

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, byron78 said:

I didn't vote for Boris.

First time in my long old life I didn't vote (and have always been blue to keep the proles at bay).

But he's so obviously corrupt, and so obviously led by his impulses, greed, and all the rest. That on top of the absolute disaster we've been since getting back into power in 2010. It quickly became about self enrichment for Cameron and Osborne, not sorting the country out. In fact it got markedly worse than it ever was under Blue Labour before.

The only problem I'm having at the moment is working out which one is working for Russia. Cummings or BoJo? 

Find it hard to see past Putin's retaliation threats a few weeks back. 

Re Putin perhaps the metaphor should be more ‘oiling the wheels’ rather than ‘pulling the strings’. For voters the question is why.

They were caught with a choice of Brexit as a corrupt lie or Brexit as an optimistic choice - personified in BJ.  Which has (mostly) worked for BJ till now but here we have two Brexiters facing off.

HOLA446
HOLA447
9 minutes ago, pig said:

Re Putin perhaps the metaphor should be more ‘oiling the wheels’ rather than ‘pulling the strings’. For voters the question is why.

They were caught with a choice of Brexit as a corrupt lie or Brexit as an optimistic choice - personified in BJ.  Which has (mostly) worked for BJ till now but here we have two Brexiters facing off.

Oiling the wheels for me. Not sure there's direct string pulling.

Brexit was always a benefit to Russia so (despite voting Leave) I'd be amazed if they didn't fund or back various anti Euro parties. 

That said, Cummings coming out like this does reek of strings pulled. Although apparently Boris was personally phoning round news editors blaming Dom, so who knows?

HOLA448
16 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Oiling the wheels for me. Not sure there's direct string pulling.

Brexit was always a benefit to Russia so (despite voting Leave) I'd be amazed if they didn't fund or back various anti Euro parties. 

That said, Cummings coming out like this does reek of strings pulled. Although apparently Boris was personally phoning round news editors blaming Dom, so who knows?

He had everything lined up that’s for sure, and is gagging to use what he’s got. Conspiracy theory 2 is Gove.

Why BJ was running around accusing DC in the first place is a bit odd. I wonder if it was a paranoid fiancée - The Cummings Strikes (Symonds clique) Back would comply with the Occam’s razor principle 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
30 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

What’s the chance of Cummings pulling the trigger tomorrow?

To many variables to say.

Will they call him? Will he go? What will he say? 

Plus, there is the possibility that Boris knew what would happen. Blaming Cummings for the leak was just throwing a dead cat on the table, because he would much rather talk about Carrie's mates and who should pay for his wallpaper than talk about Greensill and bent NHS contracts.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What is depressing is it won't make any difference. The doesn't matter how corrupt and sleazy the Tories are, come election time, the British public will vote for them anyway.

Threaten their football clubs and there is outrage. Steal government money on an industrial scale and the British public couldn't care less.

HOLA4415
57 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

What is depressing is it won't make any difference. The doesn't matter how corrupt and sleazy the Tories are, come election time, the British public will vote for them anyway.

Threaten their football clubs and there is outrage. Steal government money on an industrial scale and the British public couldn't care less.

They do care - but only tend to notice when things get real for them.

Theres a noisy rump of 20-30% that its best not falling into the trap of conflating with the rest of the country.

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, pig said:

They do care - but only tend to notice when things get real for them.

And real it will get with the £ being destroyed, inflation returning, and furlough ending - see how quickly they ditch BJ, and is Runi Shyte associated too.  “We all knew Boris was a Lidl liar”

It will happen very quickly.

HOLA4417

Liz Truss on Sky News repeating, over and over again "The PM has met the cost of the flat refurbishment himself", whatever the question and refusing to say when.... "the people are not interested in this and want to talk about Covid". Completely out of her depth, an embarrassment :lol:.

So, if a burglar returns the stolen items after he is caught, all charges should be dropped... :rolleyes:.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Democracy relies upon having an informed educated electorate. Yet the UK voters rejected and failed to support media reform as defined in both the Labour, LibDems and Green Party 2019 manifestoes. Probably because they didn't know about this from our controlled media outlets.

Election 2019 manifesto pledges on media reform: ...research by the Media Reform Coalition (2019) thatshows that just three companies dominate 83 per cent of the national newspaper market (up from 71 per cent in 2015).
https://www.mediareform.org.uk/blog/election-2019-manifesto-pledges-on-media-reform-whats-in-and-whats-not

HOLA4420

Initially I thought the whole thing was the usual “looking for a way to be offended” claptrap.  But it does look like a few very rich individuals have access to get the inside track from the government.  Not sure it’s as bad as they are making it out to be though.  

HOLA4421
57 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Liz Truss on Sky News repeating, over and over again "The PM has met the cost of the flat refurbishment himself", whatever the question and refusing to say when.... "the people are not interested in this and want to talk about Covid". Completely out of her depth, an embarrassment :lol:.

So, if a burglar returns the stolen items after he is caught, all charges should be dropped... :rolleyes:.

Trade secretary Liz Truss was sent out to face broadcasters on Sunday and was unable to deny that her boss had been given a loan for the work by Tory donors.

Labour is urging the Speaker to summon the prime minister to parliament on Monday for an urgent question addressing the cronyism scandal engulfing Downing Street.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
On 24/04/2021 at 10:26, HovelinHove said:

you did have a choice, own it and stop making excuses.