House Price Crash Forum

Dirty Tory Corruption

2 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

Really? Scottish voters delivered that, did they? 

4095025C-2A3F-43DE-B59C-4571A7257CD4.jpeg

My mistake. It was even more recent. 2017 election saw Scotland send 13 Tory MPs to Westminster, a gain of 12. This partially offset losses in England and allowed the Conservatives to remain in government with the support of ten DUP MPs from Northern Ireland. Without those extra Scottish Tory MPs, the Conservatives could not have formed a majority even with the DUP support. Scottish voters enabled the Conservatives to retain power in the UK.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rantnrave said:

My mistake. It was even more recent. 2017 election saw Scotland send 13 Tory MPs to Westminster, a gain of 12. This partially offset losses in England and allowed the Conservatives to remain in government with the support of ten DUP MPs from Northern Ireland. Without those extra Scottish Tory MPs, the Conservatives could not have formed a majority even with the DUP support. Scottish voters enabled the Conservatives to retain power in the UK.

No, English voters did that when they overwhelmingly voted Conservative.

The English population  love the Tories because they all think they are clever capitaists, rather than the reality which is that they are just desperate serfs.

40 years of slavery to earn worthless fiat so that the serf can hand it all over to the banking system..............who created the worthless fiat out of thin air to begin with.

You have to laugh.

14 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Boris Johnson extends poll lead despite sleaze allegations

Survey finds popularity slump for Labour’s Keir Starmer ahead of crucial elections

Told you.

We have no requirement for integrity or honesty anymore. The Tories would be mad to get rid of Johnson, the raging masses love him because he is on their side in the culture war. 

5 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Told you.

We have no requirement for integrity or honesty anymore. The Tories would be mad to get rid of Johnson, the raging masses love him because he is on their side in the culture war. 

We absolutely must vote against the Tory in the local elections, even if that will mean higher council charges.

1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

1This country gets the government it deserves dugs. It's beyond a joke now. 

Agree completely, we get the government we deserve. There will be a price to pay at some point. You don't tear down the principles that keep our politicians honest with no repurcussions.

Anyway, for me I try not to care anymore. I'm on the home stretch to early retirement, I won't vote again (or will spoil my ballot). Keep my head down, keep my family looked after and let the masses get on with their thing.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

We absolutely must vote against the Tory in the local elections, even if that will mean higher council charges.

I'm afraid the lies to game the AV ref, the brexit ref and then the subsequent elections that follow completely destroyed my respect for our political system in this country. My vote doesn't count under our voting system, raging swing vote minorities control the policies, we are not democratic.

I refuse to engage with the system any further. I won't vote or I will spoil my vote. 

15 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I'm afraid the lies to game the AV ref, the brexit ref and then the subsequent elections that follow completely destroyed my respect for our political system in this country. My vote doesn't count under our voting system, raging swing vote minorities control the policies, we are not democratic.

I refuse to engage with the system any further. I won't vote or I will spoil my vote. 

I share the sentiment, but not voting is playing into their hands.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

On the contrary voting plays in to their hands by legitimising them (although clearly I have no problem with the Brexit vote and regard that as one bright light in a sea of darkness of a lack of meaningful democracy).

1 minute ago, Riedquat said:

On the contrary voting plays in to their hands by legitimising them (although clearly I have no problem with the Brexit vote and regard that as one bright light in a sea of darkness of a lack of meaningful democracy).

In 2019, I voted for an obscure party because their economic views were more aligned with mine. I wanted to vote, but didn't feel that any of the mainstream parties warranted my support.

As so many people have said, Labour *are* better with regard to corruption. The problem is they simply cannot be honest and realistic about the cost of their policy.

The tories fuel the housing bubble deliberately and almost openly, whereas Labour, given the chance, fuel it as a side effect of increasing the deficit, while pretending that expanding the deficit has no effect on inflation. In a way this is even less honest than the Tories. Labour make the situation worse while claiming to be improving it!

So I can't vote for Labour until they convince me that they will take the hard, honest approach to funding their programmes, which means that they will have to raise taxes considerably, and/or allow a bit of deflation combine with NIRP. 

Which is *not* to say that I will be voting for the Tories. And the Lib Dems are IMO even worse than Labour in this regard.

This leaves the Greens. Even though I disagree with the 50% of the Green manifesto that is all about wishful thinking (and yes, uncosted) social justice rather than saving our environment, I care sufficiently about the latter that they'll get my vote, since better representation for the environmental lobby cannot hurt IMO.

won't vote or I will spoil my vote

Please vote- it sends a stronger message than non-voting indifference.

My local election only gives me a choice between names I have never heard of Labour or Conservative. I want neither to register my support. My PCC slip has party politics somehow being related to how the police should be run. I can not abide the concept of voting for a PCC - a role if it’s needed which should be recruited on merit. If I vote for any of these strangers it would be a random prejudice lottery and nothing to do with democracy. If I make the effort to spoil a vote at least it adds to the numbers of obviously discontented (I think 4% of the last PCC vote were spoiled). If I don’t vote I’m irrelevant to politicians.

2 minutes ago, Price doubt said:

Please vote- it sends a stronger message than non-voting indifference.

Thanks. I am not going to vote but I may consider spoiling my ballot if I get the urge to visit the polling station on the day.

18 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

As you know, my views on Brexit are the direct opposite, so let's not get into that or we'll be at each other's throats again.

46 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

After voting for AV and against the lies of Brexshit, like you I am similarly despondent and disenfranchised. It's likely I will be leaving this country to the dogs it rightfully deserves.

31 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Yes, but the thing is, I want them to have their way. I am different to you in that respect. I wanted Boris in charge, I want him to continue, I wanted no deal with the EU. 

The raging anti-intellectualism can't be reasoned with by intellect. It has to experience the consequences of its actions. I would rather that was sooner than later.

I may spoil my ballot as a signal to the system but I won't interfere with the masses wishes for this country.

2 minutes ago, Debt Slaves said:

On the topic of tory corruption, who are their donars? That have housing interests or housing empires?

Let's get the sleaze out there! He's obviously scratching some backs with his property policies. 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/exclusive-property-tycoons-gave-tories-more-than-11m-in-less-than-a-year/

Exclusive: Property tycoons gave Tories more than £11m in less than a year

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Survey finds popularity slump for Labour’s Keir Starmer ahead of crucial elections

That poll is hardly likely to reflect any public opinion on recent developments re the flat refurbishment, as it was conducted between 22-26 April according to the article. That story only broke a couple of days ago.

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Lol its Trump Cult II. Why do we always seem to follow in the US footsteps ?

Whats the odds this won't end well I wonder...

44 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

In 2019, I voted for an obscure party because their economic views were more aligned with mine. I wanted to vote, but didn't feel that any of the mainstream parties warranted my support.

I've done that in the past. Can't even remember what they were called but 'Monster Raving Loony Communist Nudist Party' wouldn't have been far off the mark. But somehow they actually had a great housing policy lol

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

This is deeply misguided - you have to face up to and understand your fellow countrymen first rather than necessarily blaming the system or the even the politicians.

Over the last few days listening to radio call-ins it seems to me that many are still caught in an irrational trap. Its not good but its becoming deeply interesting.

Get out and vote.