House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

The Great GERMAN Bake Off: Matt Lucas reveals he has become a German citizen and now has dual nationality - after branding Brexit 'pointless and masochistic'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10160767/Bake-Offs-Matt-Lucas-reveals-German-citizen.html

Good on him. Obviously the hate filled spiteful top rated comments are all from Brexshitiers. Vile characters. 

HOLA442
2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this Brexit government any more....

Owen Paterson: Former minister avoids suspension as Tory MPs back standards process overhaul | Politics News | Sky News

But it's probably a good thing because they can't get away with pulling tricks like this forever.

Boris Johnson will be expecting the same when he's prosecuted/investigated. As will all the others. Awful prospects we have now. They can & will get away with anything & everything. I can't see a way out while media is controlled by Murdoch/Barclays, funding of insane thinktanks & Facebook propaganda from Koch

HOLA443
5 hours ago, NorthamptonBear said:

Boris Johnson will be expecting the same when he's prosecuted/investigated. As will all the others. Awful prospects we have now. They can & will get away with anything & everything. I can't see a way out while media is controlled by Murdoch/Barclays, funding of insane thinktanks & Facebook propaganda from Koch

How have you been harmed by Owen Paterson?

HOLA444
7 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

None of us have. He is a public servant of the highest integrity and honour, acting always in the interests of his constituents with transparency and humility. I would be honoured to be represented by him and I think everyone here would agree that he should be celebrated as an example for us all to aspire to.

HOLA445
HOLA446

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/boris-johnson-cost-living-rise-b1950827.html

Boris Johnson set to deliver worst living standard growth on record, report finds

Government’s forecaster predicts disposable income growth of just 0.1% over the course of this parliament - and latest data suggests incomes have gone into reverse

HOLA447
HOLA448

Boris Johnson cannot escape the costs of Brexit

“Oh, that old figure,” said a cabinet minister airily on being confronted with new evidence that Brexit will deliver a 4 per cent long-term hit to the UK’s GDP.  Four per cent scarring means the UK will forgo about £80bn a year in income (based on today’s GDP) at a rough cost to the exchequer of £32bn a year. That £80bn represents jobs lost or not created.

Brexiters have pulled off a double fix. Not only are they waving away uncomfortable truths, they have created a climate where opponents are nervous of raising them. Tories argue that the country no longer wants to hear about Brexit, except on those occasions when they want to trumpet its upsides. Even to point out a problem is to invite a gaslighting by Leavers, who swerve the issue by denouncing their critic as a remainer. By such techniques, even the primary opposition is unwilling to hold the government to account.

FT

Edited by rollover

HOLA449
8 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

Boris Johnson was being investigated by same commission and that work is now paused...

Might want to ponder on that.

Also might want to ponder that the commission was in fact the appeal to Paterson being found to be in breach - his defence being he cannot appeal - and found it the most serious breach in its history.

Paterson claiming it also did not take evidence from 18 character witnesses is also untrue. They were taken as written statements but not called to appear.

But why defend the indefensible if your only reason arguing for Brexit is it must be vindicated? Or do those who brought it also have to be vindicated whatever malfeasence they commit?

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Boris Johnson was being investigated by same commission and that work is now paused...

Also might want to ponder that the commission was in fact the appeal to Paterson being found to be in breach - his defence being he cannot appeal - and found it the most serious breach in its history.

Paterson claiming it also did not take evidence from 18 character witnesses is also untrue. They were taken as written statements but not called to appear.

But why defend the indefensible if your only reason arguing for Brexit is it must be vindicated? Or do those who brought it also have to be vindicated whatever malfeasence they commit?

Now it all makes perfect sense. 

HOLA4411
16 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Owen Paterson: Former minister avoids suspension as Tory MPs back standards process overhaul | Politics News | Sky News

But it's probably a good thing because they can't get away with pulling tricks like this forever.

That is about covering for later COVID contract investigations.

Again, we're an independent sovereign state now.

Well done folks!

How about us Leavers all stop the circle jerk and focus on the fact it's probably not a good idea to immediately let a bunch of crooks position themselves above the law?

Or do some Brexiteers not love this country enough to bother with that one?

Edited by byron78

HOLA4412
21 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

See my post above.

They revolt me and clearly hate this country.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
14 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Well done folks!

How about us Leavers all stop the circle jerk and focus on the fact it's probably not a good idea to immediately let a bunch of crooks position themselves above the law?

They hate the EU (love the idea it is evil) more than they love their country.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
18 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Thats pretty brazen.

Why would they bring the entire government into disrepute for one MP ?

Amazing how the damage has grown and grown from one unprincipled politician using the Brexit lie to acquire power and become PM.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, slawek said:

They hate the EU (love the idea it is evil) more than they love their country.

In meantime the only eu country to do worse than uk is Spain and that’s due to their tourism sector being wiped out by Covid 

the rest have more than recovered their GDPs 

at this rate UK will be the east Europe of Europe 🤣

HOLA4420
On 03/11/2021 at 08:07, slawek said:

A summary of the UK public view on Brexit by John Curtis

It ends with what I was repeating for some time

"The future of the Brexit debate in Britain will not simply rest on the reactions of those who cast their verdict five years ago."

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/where-stands-support-for-brexit-now/

WUKT-Graph-27.10.jpg

Notice how the last probrexit peak was due to lies about “vaccine dividend” earlier in year

now most EU countries have higher vaccination rates and much lower death rate with exception of Romania whose population was brainwashed by Russian media and the church 

So Brexiteers can claim “we are not as bad as Romania” 

here elderly and health workers and anyone who got Astra Zeneca (which proven to be shite) are already getting booster shots

Edited by yelims

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Afternoon team. I hope we are having a good week :)

Looks like the Brexit option has now been removed from the categories across the BBC website header, replaced by 'Climate' it seems. Good to see they have started the healing process.

BBC.PNG

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4423
2 hours ago, byron78 said:

Well done folks!

Aha, got it  (+ @Staffsknot

Still pretty wild though. If they are prepared to be openly and arrogantly corrupt to this extent does that mean they are expecting real trouble out of future investigations ?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Afternoon team. I hope we are having a good week :)

Looks like the Brexit option has now been removed from the categories across the BBC website header, replaced by 'Climate' it seems. Good to see they have started the healing process.

BBC.PNG