House Price Crash Forum

Will we see our Prime Minister resign in the very near future?

HOLA441
14 minutes ago, clarkey said:

No idea who is making up the guidance for care homes, only restriction at the moment is masks indoors from Johnson,  so not his fault that people cant see relatives

Sigh.  Let me spell it out for you.

Care homes get guidance from the Department of Health

The department of Health is a part of Government

Who leads the Government?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
30 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

I think that he is done now, it’s a question of when not if. It will be interesting to see how quickly they move. What do they think is coming down the line at us all in 2022? If they think it is a 5h1tshow then they will want him in post until 2023. If not he will be gone sooner. The question now is what other files will be released? They may have their hands forced! If I were him I’d resign and take them down with me. He’s probably going to get a knighthood out of this anyway so he might as well leave and earn some serious wonga to pay the family lawyers.

I'm sure he knows which parties all the other cabinet ministers went to and may even have proof. Might explain why they support him.

HOLA443
27 minutes ago, kzb said:

There is a policeman outside number 10 24/7.  The police would've known full well what was going on.  Security etc.

Anyhow here is a question.  People in number 10 are classed as essential workers and have to be physically present.  Just like Asda.  Was it against the law to have a workplace meeting for essential workers?  I suspect not.

So what law has been broken if the above is true?

the same one Asda workers would have broken if their manager said lets go in the yard out back after work and bring your own booze? Clearly not a work meeting.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, MancTom said:

the same one Asda workers would have broken if their manager said lets go in the yard out back after work and bring your own booze? Clearly not a work meeting.

If they say it's a work meeting then it is?

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

Hey dude, what are you talking about?

What aspect are you struggling with?

Boris has ******ed up, and shouldn't have had a party. However if he resigns, that means we need to go through a lengthy tory leadership bid, full of uncertainty and instability. 

It also means we could end up with a point scoring lockdown fanatic PM. Look at Wales, they have Drakeford who is still banning runs in the park etc. 

Better the evil you know. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
8 minutes ago, clarkey said:

Agreed the crime he committed was not reversing things quick enough. I think that is what the "parties" have shown obviously had his hand forced by lockdown loons

Yep, but he's still the one at the top saying what the rules should be, so there's a great deal more onus on him to stick rigidly to them.

HOLA448
17 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

What aspect are you struggling with?

Boris has ******ed up, and shouldn't have had a party. However if he resigns, that means we need to go through a lengthy tory leadership bid, full of uncertainty and instability. 

It also means we could end up with a point scoring lockdown fanatic PM. Look at Wales, they have Drakeford who is still banning runs in the park etc. 

Better the evil you know. 

LMFAO at least you Tory Populist part fanbois have moved on from saying 'yEaH bUt ImAgInE iF wE hAz JeReMy CoRbYnE!1!!!!111!'

HOLA449
27 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

LMFAO at least you Tory Populist part fanbois have moved on from saying 'yEaH bUt ImAgInE iF wE hAz JeReMy CoRbYnE!1!!!!111!'

We won't get Corbyn. We will get another Tory, if Boris resigns we won't get a GE, we will have a tory leadership contest. What I'm saying is we could end up with someone worse. None of them have covered themselves in glory. 

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, cbathpc said:

We won't get Corbyn. We will get another Tory, if Boris resigns we won't get a GE, we will have a tory leadership contest. What I'm saying is we could end up with someone worse. None of them have covered themselves in glory. 

You don't get a worse or more incompetent PM than Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson, imo. The UK has reached rock bottom in political terms.

HOLA4411
8 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

But Boris doesn't want to walk out, doesn't he?

And that's the problem for Tories who want to get rid of him now.

That's clearly not the case with you, you think very highly of him.

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

A General Strike and a demand for a GE might do it, especially if the Tory Party divides along pro- and anti-Johnson lines.

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, cbathpc said:

But we already have uncertainty and instability with Boris. 

HOLA4414
21 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

A five year old can tell if they've been to a party or not.

...and you think there is someone WORSE than BoJo ?

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, clarkey said:

Agreed the crime he committed was not reversing things quick enough. I think that is what the "parties" have shown obviously had his hand forced by lockdown loons

A month previously, 6-9 April, he was in ICU with coronavirus and it was touch-and-go whether he would make it. I doubt if just four weeks later, when the party happened, he was anti-lockdown.

HOLA4416

PMQs was as depressing as ever. Caught red handed and all he did was repeat the same line about ‘waiting on the full enquiry’. That’s what guilty people say instead of proclaiming their innocence with factual detail.

I don’t understand how he can admit he sat there for 2 or 3 minutes, let alone 25 without immediately saying to everyone in the garden… “Er guys where are the laptops and notepads? What’s the agenda here? Hang on - is that cheese and wine?!?! And why are you here Carrie?!?!” 

The photo wouldn’t exist if the man had a shred of integrity because he would’ve immediately shut it down having continually briefed the nation on how such gatherings were wholly prohibited. Thanks Boris though - you’re making the case for Scottish Independence even stronger! Notice how up here our Tories calling for his resignation. We may not agree on politics but we share the same values on common decency.

I hold my hands up and say the lockdown wasn’t too bad for me. I had my work and family for which I was thankful. But the reality of millions of people cancelling their plans for the spring/summer to comply with the rules cuts deep. Millions of family gatherings, kids birthdays, days out, social events, funerals and weddings were all cancelled to comply with his instructions.

None of us got those precious minutes with our families or colleagues to relax with a beer after a hard days work.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

Yep, but he's still the one at the top saying what the rules should be, so there's a great deal more onus on him to stick rigidly to them.

What this episode reveals is how his regime is run. If you set aside the staggering cognitive dissonance, I suspect he simply wanted his staff and colleagues to think what a fine fellow he is.

HOLA4418

Imagine if the Tories get a decent vote share at the next election?! What does that say about the people United Kingdom?!

I say UK because the Tories are detested up here in Scotland. If we didn’t a proportional representation system they’d currently be extinct. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
40 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

Imagine if the Tories get a decent vote share at the next election?! What does that say about the people United Kingdom?!

I say UK because the Tories are detested up here in Scotland. If we didn’t a proportional representation system they’d currently be extinct. 

I'm trying to imagine it, ... no I can't.