House Price Crash Forum

Will we see our Prime Minister resign in the very near future?

HOLA441

Christopher Hope from the Telegraph on Newsnight just now. Apparently they have details of another party in the PMs private office hosted by the PMs private secretary.

The PM will be making a statement to the HoC before PMQ's tomorrow.

Having seen the news and papers recently I give it a 20% chance he will go tomorrow, 80% by the EoW.

EDIT:- Hope states he has heard of Video/Audio and photo files available of further partys.

Edited by Roman Roady

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

To be honest, now Johnson has achieved his goal, I don't really understand why he wants to stick around.  He doesn't seem to have any particular policy agenda, which is probably part of the problem.

Surely he would be better off as a public speaker anyway, he doesn't seem to be able to afford being prime minister.

HOLA443

If he was my boss I would resign.;)

BJ built the culture of doing what he liked, getting away with everything, everyone loves him........ he will stand by his staff they must stand by him........to the point that they had to go out into the media to justify and make excuses for his actions, even though we know they don't agree....PM questions will be interesting.

HOLA444
42 minutes ago, reddog said:

To be honest, now Johnson has achieved his goal, I don't really understand why he wants to stick around.  He doesn't seem to have any particular policy agenda, which is probably part of the problem.

Surely he would be better off as a public speaker anyway, he doesn't seem to be able to afford being prime minister.

Totally agree, and as I said before I think he actually wants to go now as he is bored, broke and is totally out of his depth. There is no more money to throw at the next problem and thats the only way he knows to solve things.

4 minutes ago, winkie said:

If he was my boss I would resign.;)

BJ built the culture of doing what he liked, getting away with everything, everyone loves him........ he will stand by his staff they must stand by him........to the point that they had to go out into the media to justify and make excuses for his actions, even though we know they don't agree....PM questions will be interesting.

Wonder if anyone can justify resigning at this time? If they can it may be a good career move.

HOLA445
6 hours ago, Flat Bear said:

I am not really concerned that he is not a "nice" person or that he has no moral compass whatsoever, there have been plenty like this. What does concern me is his total incompetance and the fact he does not have this country at heart. I would not employ him for any senior roll in my company. Come to think of it I would not employ him in any roll as he comes across as lazy, unreliable and untrustworthy.

I guess you must feel like a right wally voting him in. You were warned. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
4 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

He is in a tricky position now,  I don`t think he will survive this one, hundreds of people invited to "garden parties" when people couldn`t touch their dying loved ones is very very politically and personally damaging. I voted for them as well, because BJ made the correct call on Brexit, the call that the other parties just couldn`t quite bring themselves to make because they were too much under the spell of the EU Overlords. No doubt he would have jumped on the Remain horse if he thought that would win, but he read the mood right and didn`t do that, and that is all that counts really. Surprising that he could read the Brexit mood but couldn`t figure out that in the tech age an e-mail/photo/text etc etc etc was going to surface at a later date to damage him if he played loose with the Covid rules, he should have been hunkered down with his "bubble" getting on with the job and having a brandy when the cameras were off.

Another wally. But of course he would never have lied to you about Brex_hit. 🤣🤡

HOLA448
HOLA449

I don't care either way & I suspect I'm in the majority.  The only  reason Boris' behaviour & competency crosses my consciousness is seeing the interminable posts on interminable threads made by a handful of people still holding to the hurt they feel about being on the losing side of the Brexit referendum, and the BBC which is rammed with remainers, banging on about it.

If you feel passionately about something it doesn't follow that most other people give a monkey's.  You & I know that the general public will forget about these misdemeanours quickly when the media moves on.

For example, Cummings was in terrible trouble.  Its all gone quiet.  He'll be back & most people won't remember why he shouldn't be.  It is the way of things.

HOLA4410
32 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

(...)

For example, Cummings was in terrible trouble.  Its all gone quiet.  He'll be back & most people won't remember why he shouldn't be.  It is the way of things.

Hahaha.

Where do you think all this is coming from?

HOLA4411
25 minutes ago, Timm said:

Hahaha.

Where do you think all this is coming from?

That's a thought.

I don't care about political intrigue though.  Caring wouldn't make a a difference, I'm not going to get involved in politics, most don't.  Boris is just a figure head.  We've never had a PM who is both ethical and effective.  Let it go.

If he is hounded out, he'll be back in some capacity.

I found this:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rebound-politicians-bounce-back-sex-scandals/story?id=18871004

I could only scan through it - too depressing to read properly.

HOLA4412

Of course he will be back. Got to get his narc supply from somewhere. Happily for him there's always gullible Spyguy types ready and willing to serve. Even after the narc does the discard the poor souls are still obsessed, besotted with them. Their addiction can last years, sometimes decades! 

I think there will be more party allegations. It's just part of the Tworwy boy culture. Have a jolly good piss up whilst you've locked down the rest of the country. That way you can thoroughly bask in just how important and superior you are.  

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

To be honest the restrictions were nonsense and went on for far too long.   3 weeks to crush the curve! Boris thought it was low risk and it probably was but you can’t spout off on the tv and then not follow the rules . Should have reduced restrictions for all before having garden parties 

Police were arresting 2 people having coffee ffs.

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, clarkey said:

To be honest the restrictions were nonsense and went on for far too long.   3 weeks to crush the curve! Boris thought it was low risk and it probably was but you can’t spout off on the tv and then not follow the rules . Should have reduced restrictions for all before having garden parties 

Police were arresting 2 people having coffee ffs.

The police were out of control, on a power trip, will they ever regain the respect they used to enjoy? I doubt it. 

HOLA4417
Just now, rantnrave said:

According to an article in the Telegraph, the photo of the garden party is overwhelmingly likely to be have taken from an overlooking balcony in 11 Downing St.

Ah, I was thinking of the latest '100 invites' party.

Assuming the veracity of this story is an open secret within government, the top tory in Scotland, Douglas Ross, plunged another dagger in Caesar's back yesterday. He openly stated that any law-breaking would make the PM's position untenable. He also said Boris should fess up now, no hiding behind an enquiry. Of course, he has to face Sturgeon at FMQ's in Holyrood, and I've no doubt he is mightily fed up of her telling him that "the WM government does worse than the SG, so eff off"!

The bit that gives me pause for thought. Boris will keep shtum, "enquiry, enquiry, enquiry", until they can delay that report no longer (or until it becomes a police investigation, which will take us into 2023!). By that time, as has been mentioned, with good Covid news, and Truss taking the fall for the Brexit fallout, this will be seen as chicken feed. Nobody will care, keep calm and carry on Boris....

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The story that keeps on giving:

Downing Street party: No10 cleaners lodged a complaint over state of garden after ‘BYOB’ party

The Government is continuing to remain silent on the latest party allegations, and failed to put a minister on the morning media round today

January 12, 2022 7:53 am (Updated January 12, 2022 9:22 am)

The No10 garden was left in a state after the lockdown drinks party in May 2020 and staff who had to clean it up lodged a complaint, it has been reported.

About 40 Downing Street officials were said to have attended the social gathering in the No 10 garden, where tables were lined with gin, rosé, red wine and white wine, the Times reports.

HOLA4420
8 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The police were out of control, on a power trip, will they ever regain the respect they used to enjoy? I doubt it. 

They are going the way of the various American agencies, replacing 'policing by consent' with various military hardware and policing by force. 

Ironically, we seem to be going down the route of the Met becoming a de facto Gendarmerie/Guardia/Bundespolizei...

HOLA4421

“Aaah, well, now… ha, ha… the thing is, you see… um… I’ve taken this Lateral Flow Test thingy… and, um… well, there’s, um, this line on it… would you believe it, it’s come back positive… yes, really… er, no, ignore that Magic Marker, er, it’s a toy… for one of the sprogs, ha, ha,… so, er, really sorry, but I can’t make it to Prime Minister’s Questions today… have to say no to the party invitation as it were, ha, ha… um, aegrotat, what, or as Peppa Pig might say… um… corruptus in extremis, what?… Pip, Pip”

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
10 hours ago, reddog said:

A disgraced ex-PM would command a far lower fee than a PM that run his term? 

HOLA4425