House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441
5 hours ago, SamuearlJackson said:

Knight Frank July report is out. Still going down

Those two tables at the end are quite comprehensively down.  Every price bracket: down.  Prime central London and prime outer London: both down. Houses and flats: both down.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
15 hours ago, highcontrast said:

The mother-of-four is now in a long-term relationship with builder Matthew Leyden, whom she is in business with. The pair purchase homes, renovate them, and sell them on for a profit, according to The Sun.

Genius

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Colleague at work is buying - has made 2 offers, both 25% under the asking price. Both accepted although the first one fell through following the survey. This is for terraced houses in Wandsworth needing a bit of work. I think if he ends up actually getting the second one it will be almost 50% less than it would have sold for at the peak; he's paying £540/sq foot, vs around £1000 at the peak. 

HOLA449
10 minutes ago, Chrippie said:

Colleague at work is buying - has made 2 offers, both 25% under the asking price. Both accepted although the first one fell through following the survey. This is for terraced houses in Wandsworth needing a bit of work. I think if he ends up actually getting the second one it will be almost 50% less than it would have sold for at the peak; he's paying £540/sq foot, vs around £1000 at the peak. 

Any feedback on the sellers? Just wondering what type of home owners (in general) are accepting offers.

HOLA4410
25 minutes ago, Chrippie said:

So if you make that real terms then it will be a 60% or so loss if not more

HOLA4411
18 hours ago, Flopsy said:

Any feedback on the sellers? Just wondering what type of home owners (in general) are accepting offers.

I followed up on this and as you'd expect both have reasonably strong motivation for selling - first one was an inheritance and among the children one is disabled and needs medical care which the parents had been paying for - the sale enabled that to continue. 

The second is two Aussies heading home. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
47 minutes ago, Upabove said:

One of the best "it's not the price" examples ever:

*gets popcorn out*

Nooooo...of course it's not the price.

Talk about effin delusional! She's going to be regretting not taking that cheeky (i.e. realistic) offer even more as time goes on.

Who wants to post a link to this thread on the LinkedIn comments??

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Nooooo...of course it's not the price.

Talk about effin delusional! She's going to be regretting not taking that cheeky (i.e. realistic) offer even more as time goes on.

Who wants to post a link to this thread on the LinkedIn comments??

She's just ridden the bubble by leveraging up from 2012 onwards:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4929420/amp/Mum-went-stay-home-parent-120m-property-mogul.html

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

It's Price she knows deep down it is price but won't accept it , that is why she states a number of times in the Video that it is not price. 

I sold my £525,000 Docklands Flat right in the middle of the Financial Crisis January 2009 and Completed that March. I listed at £525,000 then dropped it within 2 weeks to £495,000 then to get shot I told the agent to get anything with a 4 at the front. He came back in a few days with 2 bids £400,000 Cash and £408,000 from a couple getting a mortgage I went with the Cash Buyer who then pulled out but as he pulled out the Bid with the mortgage was raised to £420,000. The sale went through fast I cleared the debt and had a small amount left to put down on a much cheaper flat in Essex.

With hindsight it was a massive mistake however at the time with out a job and not in good health the overriding factor was to clear the £340,000 debt which I did. 

HOLA4421
10 hours ago, Upabove said:

One of the best "it's not the price" examples ever:

*gets popcorn out*

Brilliant post, possibly worst example for self denial I have ever seen. And incredibly revealing and desperate. 

Her initial successes show she has a genuine ability and a ‘good eye’ for renovating and designing, making good money in an albeit very positive market. Stuck with that she and partner could have retired after 5/10 years. 

However, a leap to a £120m empire but the funding, how partnering works and the empire building would be interesting reading...feels like a deck of cards. No business exit plan when a few million are in the bank...when is enough enough.

Happens too often that someone with a half decent skill then expands far too much with ever diminishing returns....anyhoo maybe it all holds together, maybe it doesn’t. 

If it’s not the price, not the way it is dressed (changed 3 times), not the agent (again several changes) then perhaps it’s the location because that’s all that’s left....for £5m maybe move the flat to another area eg Milton Keynes or Swansea and see if that helps ?

HOLA4422

That lady looks quite scared......rather than ask herself why it is not selling, she should wonder why nobody with £5m spare or access to debt would be buying in today's market.....a flat is a flat, and that one you need to be fit to use it, someone who could afford a flat in Kensington probably already has one......£5m could buy five wonderful properties all over the world, a hedge.....or one £1m and £4m in the bank waiting for an opportunity........property is so illiquid.?

HOLA4423
9 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

?  Writing in her new book, BRICKING IT, Nicole explained

What a total shambles this is. On the website of the crowdfunding company she's used the minimum investment is £500.

Anybody have any idea of the scale of how much of the recent demand in London has been due to these kind of mom and pop type developers, or any way to find out how many of these types of flats there are our there with (what will become) forced sellers over time? 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
41 minutes ago, winkie said:

It is easy to spend other people's money.......not so easy to pay it back.?

I never understood these partnering schemes. Either partnering finance or general business partners eg teaming up with a builder a sharing the risk. 

Property development WAS (I am a convert since HPI) dead simple.

Buy it cheap...really really cheap...no cheaper than that...seriously I mean I want the neighbours to gasp cheap. Agents scoffed at my offers but an acceptance every year or two was enough for me.

Renovate, price to sell at great comparative value  (but not really really cheap) and sell. Simple. 

Why try to leverage with a builder? Say I make £50k on my own...why do 2 with a builder and share the profit for the same result?

And most builders are bright enough to know (well the ones I know and would use) that a £35k renovation for a few months work is a reasonable deal and instalments and  prompt payment means little risk. 

I was greedy (bad enough)....but these delusions of grandeur and really really greedy are a totally different ball game. 

It’s not about ‘knowing your limits’ it’s just simply knowing what it’s all for and what is enough. 

Ps....does she owe you money Mr Winkie, admit it how much did you invest. ??

?