HOLA441
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Always a bit sceptical of the government line in such matters. The smoking gun.

may I just remind everyone that UK committed to a war in the Middle East in relative recent history based on intelligence that was written / verbalised to support the outcome (war) ? Which on subsequent investigation was found to be unfounded . 

HOLA443
HOLA444
9 hours ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

The big unknown is why western countries went into lockdowns in the first place. 

Because China tried it first and then Italy in a panic copied so rubber stamped the idea for everyone else. 

Incidentally I seem to remember the first recorded covid death in the UK was backdated to January 2020 so it was in circulation already, if only regionally.

HOLA445
HOLA446
On 26/02/2023 at 15:46, Confusion of VIs said:

That's because they are. 

If you read the article it states that four other US agencies still think Covid was most likely natural in origin.  Truth is we still don't know and like with other viruses probably never will.

And the Department of Energy also unveiled its findings with a "low level of confidence". In other words, they don't know, but in balance they think that's the case. 

The conspiracy theorists are cock-a-hoop because someone has said something that aligns with their previously unevidenced claims. 

HOLA447
18 hours ago, scottbeard said:

It's fairly mild NOW for most people, but you have to remember that:

- The earliest variants were nastier, in part because no one had immunity then

- Even if only 1 in 100 people end up in hospital with it that's 70 million people worldwide.  If they'd all descended on hospitals at once in spring 2020 the effect on anyone needing treatment for everything else would have been catastrophic

Now I'm not saying that means lockdowns were in hindsight all correct, but I do understand why they did them

Is that the sound of balance and perspective on HPC?

Thank you, the selective memory of some, particularly those feeding the growth industry of conspiracy shrills is startling at times

HOLA448
1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

And the Department of Energy also unveiled its findings with a "low level of confidence". In other words, they don't know, but in balance they think that's the case. 

The conspiracy theorists are cock-a-hoop because someone has said something that aligns with their previously unevidenced claims. 

I have not read the report nor the article. I can say why it seems unlikely.

These RNA viruses are very small and unstable.

- That restriction endonuclease sites would remain for any significant period of times seems very unlikely. If it is man-made, then it is almost impalusible that we would be able to make one better than nature. It seems odd we only get this this suspicion when we are affected and not when milliios around the world are affected by novel viruses.

- The alternative story involves it being found in nature, not infecting anyone, being saved safely in a lab while hte wild type does not affect anyone and they specifically bein leaked from the lab.

HOLA449
On 26/02/2023 at 15:28, clarkey said:

Said it all along jeez the Wuhan institute of virology it’s right there. They also kept zero covid going far longer it’s as though they new more about the virus than they we letting on

I was quite lucky at the start of covid as I got all the gear in advance before you could not get hold of it gel masks etc.

The reason was that around here Chinese students normally are not friendly at all.... aside from when I saw one in the local shop with a huge mask on with filters.

Mate that a serious mask.

Its very serious, if we are here it is here and government lie its very very bad.

I went out and bought all the stuff that afternoon.

By hiding it they made things so much worse

HOLA4410
On 26/02/2023 at 16:54, scottbeard said:

No let’s be clear here : an accident is not a conspiracy.  “Conspire” means to plan or plot 

I and many others said an ACCIDENTAL release from a lab was possible but just seemed less likely

What I dismissed as a conspiracy theory - and still do - is that it was engineered and released by China deliberately .  I credit the Chinese with enough sense not to release a biological weapon in their own city, and that a virus that mostly kills weak old people and then spreads worldwide including to your own people is the worst biological weapon in history 

Agreed. This captures the nuance of what this hypothesis says.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
43 minutes ago, TerryBoi said:

FqAYDU1WAAE-8lX.jpg.80c231a8743c7e36d9f23f428aa337c0.jpg

Hasan is spot on: could it have leaked from a lab?  Unlikely but possible.  Was it a bio weapon? Of course it wasn't.  Yet 90% of lab leak posts on here too went into all sorts of nonsense stories about why the Chinese were doing it deliberately.

HOLA4413
On 27/02/2023 at 00:27, TerryBoi said:

What you wanna do then ...

One country out their experimenting with viral shit that has bought the rest of the world to its knee's.

Send them a strongly worded letter?

Having relied on collaboration with China for the vaccine you injected into yourself is inconsistent with wanting to attack it, whether you think a "virus" came from a lab or not.

If you were to attack China for this reason, you invite them to deliberately "release" a much more deadly "virus" and not "help" you this time, and at best you contradict your previous position.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4414
21 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Having relied on collaboration with China for the vaccine you injected into yourself is inconsistent with wanting to attack it, whether you think a "virus" came from a lab or not.

If you were to attack China for this reason, you invite them to deliberately "release" a much more deadly "virus" and not "help" you this time, and at best you contradict your previous position.

Are you sure that is correct ? Chinese vaccines were crap. The "best" were US or european.

HOLA4415
On 26/02/2023 at 16:54, scottbeard said:

No let’s be clear here : an accident is not a conspiracy.  “Conspire” means to plan or plot 

I and many others said an ACCIDENTAL release from a lab was possible but just seemed less likely

What I dismissed as a conspiracy theory - and still do - is that it was engineered and released by China deliberately .  I credit the Chinese with enough sense not to release a biological weapon in their own city, and that a virus that mostly kills weak old people and then spreads worldwide including to your own people is the worst biological weapon in history 

And the Ami's? Another layer to this conspiracy onion is the possibility that the coof was created at Fort Detrick in the US and intentionally released in China by the Yanks.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Now its pretty much formal.

Or at least weaponised -

Covid: FBI chief Christopher Wray says China lab leak 'most likely'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64806903

In terms of Trump sattemnt Id assume he was party to various discussion where the various 3LAs were discussing where it came from.

You only have google fact check Wuhan to see the media were more interested in discredting information based on who said it (Trump) rather than any science or credible intelliegence.

Mass media is quicklyl digging its own grave due tis own stupid biases.

In terms of Europes outbreak,, Northern Itlay was hamemred as Chiense from the Wuhan area had piled - and I mean piled - into the  areas to work in leather luxury goods -

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/the-chinese-workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany

Covid apepars to have broken out at least as far back as Summer 2019 and China covered it up, 100s travelled to Tiscany and ifencted the local population with the raw, deadly virus stage. And aas son as Europe went skiing in italy ... spread it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
43 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Covid apepars to have broken out at least as far back as Summer 2019 and China covered it up, 100s travelled to Tiscany and ifencted the local population with the raw, deadly virus stage. And aas son as Europe went skiing in italy ... spread it.

Whether it was the lab or the market, the Chinese cover up was certainly a recklessly dangerous act at the least.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Its bats.

Theres somethign really strange about bats biology and viruses.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-03128-0

Ive avoided bats and palces with bats due rabies.

But sicne coof...

I am a bit of a Michael Crichton fan.

Maybe there’s some bug we’ve never encountered before in a cave in West Africa that’s been brewing for millennia, one day we will disturb it and it will lay us low.

A bit like isolated Latin American natives and the outside world, but in reverse.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Just now, Will! said:

I am a bit of a Michael Crichton fan.

Maybe there’s some bug we’ve never encountered before in a cave in West Africa that’s been brewing for millennia, one day we will disturb it and it will lay us low.

A bit like isolated Latin American natives and the outside world, but in reverse.

Bird flu is a more likely candidate, I suspect.