Everybody Who Voted For The Tories Got Exactly What They Deserved

HOLA441
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

...but Labour started it...blah blah...Corbyn would be worse...really wanted Br*xit blah blah.....US...Globalisation...immigrants....

Said it before, it's like Turkeys handing you the cranberry sauce and stuffing saying, 'better get on whilst the oven is hot'.

FFS

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I have zero sympathy for anyone on here who voted for the Tories and are now priced out of the housing market. You got what you deserved. Now suck it up buttercup.

Discuss.

Yep voting for face eating leopards is not good idea 🐆 

https://www.voanews.com/episode/brexit-crushes-british-retirement-dreams-spain-4670876

HOLA446
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I have zero sympathy for anyone on here who voted for the Tories and are now priced out of the housing market. You got what you deserved. Now suck it up buttercup.

Discuss.

With trade down due to Brexit there is going to be ever more reliance on the other main British industry.....HPI....at least until other sources of trade are devloped...in 25 to 50 years :)

HOLA447
HOLA448
3 minutes ago, winkie said:

Yeap, your vote counts.....fewer choices, and less freedom for the common working man......we get what we voted for.;)

And the Brexiteers who hoped Brexit would lead to a house price crash are wondering why that ain’t happened now that Pavel the plumber got replaced by 10x Guptas the Deliveroo drivers

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, yelims said:

And the Brexiteers who hoped Brexit would lead to a house price crash are wondering why that ain’t happened now that Pavel the plumber got replaced by 10x Guptas the Deliveroo drivers

They are as quiet as mice now but I remember after the Brexshit referendum they we all celebrating houses soon crashing. 

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, yelims said:

I voted to make the uk unpleasant not crashes.

Its working 🤣

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Discuss.

2 hours ago, msi said:

...but Labour started it...blah blah...Corbyn would be worse...really wanted Br*xit blah blah.....US...Globalisation...immigrants....

Said it before, it's like Turkeys handing you the cranberry sauce and stuffing saying, 'better get on whilst the oven is hot'.

FFS

Unfortunately for the Labour supporting Tory haters it did largely start under Labour (prices tripled, see link below), and has carried on under the Tories, I doubt prices would have been affordable by now under them, or any other party, I think that's the point when mentioning these things:

Q2 1997 (New Lab get in power) - house price was £58k

Q3 2007  - house price 184k

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/indices-nationwide-national-inflation/

HOLA4415
9 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

The vast majority of people on here own their own houses anyway.

These days its more a moan about politics site with a small mix of hpc thrown in.

Ain’t politics exactly what prevents a hpc? (And as seen in Ireland decade back be cause of it)

HOLA4416
3 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Discuss.

As someone with a big house and a healthy  pension fund they seem to have done rather well for me. That said, i don't support BoZo and definitely didn't vote for Brexit.

I'm think those that did vote for Bozo for the first time may be the ones who have bern screwed most!

HOLA4417
39 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Unfortunately for the Labour supporting Tory haters it did largely start under Labour (prices tripled, see link below), and has carried on under the Tories, I doubt prices would have been affordable by now under them, or any other party, I think that's the point when mentioning these things:

Q2 1997 (New Lab get in power) - house price was £58k

Q3 2007  - house price 184k

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/indices-nationwide-national-inflation/

I voted Labour in 1997 and bought a house for 115k the same year. Sold it for 245k in 2002...

Love to be reminded of why I block half the cretins on this forum now though.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

As someone with a big house and a healthy  pension fund they seem to have done rather well for me. That said, i don't support BoZo and definitely didn't vote for Brexit.

I'm think those that did vote for Bozo for the first time may be the ones who have bern screwed most!

Neither Labour or the Tories are going to crash house prices voluntarily.

Most of their policies will focus on making the unaffordable affordable, and with policies such as QE people will lap it up, because they don't care about the long term cost, only what they can get now.

Labour probably have a higher probability of crashing the market, not by design but through incompetence. In that scenario though it will be economic devastation, and people who have some sort of hope that they may be able to capitalise on it may find themselves sucked into a swirling mess of economic destruction, no matter how clever they think they have been.

HOLA4421
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Discuss.

Agree 100%. 2017 election was a signal for me to buy.

HOLA4422
37 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Neither Labour or the Tories are going to crash house prices voluntarily.

Most of their policies will focus on making the unaffordable affordable, and with policies such as QE people will lap it up, because they don't care about the long term cost, only what they can get now.

Labour probably have a higher probability of crashing the market, not by design but through incompetence. In that scenario though it will be economic devastation, and people who have some sort of hope that they may be able to capitalise on it may find themselves sucked into a swirling mess of economic destruction, no matter how clever they think they have been.

A nationwide program of general needs social housing is the only thing that will save the UK from bankruptcy. To relieve the acute demand pressure in the private rental sector caused by mass immigration and to support the economy while house prices correct and the private sector deleverages.

There is no alternative. 👇

labour-party-launches-its-party-manifest

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I voted Conservative in 2019. Nothing too surprising about that. I don't like commies and I respect democracy. Looking at who was available, of course I would 😄

But, in December 2019, we had one of the most dangerous attempts on the life of democracy in this country than we had faced in 80 years. The result of a single vote not being enacted would have destroyed all that had been fought for before.

Then we also had comrades Corb and McD. Luckily we now know that they had not a cat's chance in hell of winning, but it felt like a danger at the time. My hand did not waver, pause, or even tremble when I voted blue at that moment.

The fight back then was actually the equivalent of World War II and the Cold War all happening in one day that December, and it was a storming victory for Boris Churchill and Nigel Thatcher. The country had won, democracy had won and (maybe more importantly), communism had ironically been spanked red raw.

My happiness meter was at a solid 100/100 then. Life could not get better.

And then the dark times came. House prices increased by 9% in the year after. Something I wasn't going to buy remained as something I wasn't going to buy, and my happiness meter plummeted to 97.5/100. Damn.... 😂