HOLA441
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
9 minutes ago, Insane said:

To be honest your not worth debating with msi, however as we already are 

£7 billion taken for now 23 years plus inflation and compounded growth = no final salary pension schemes in the private sector but the know all on the internet who just says no and calls that amount of money a straw man argument knows better because he votes Labour.

Repeat after me - correlation does not imply causation. 

If you can show proof that Final Salary pension schemes closed as a direct result of this and not other factors then I will be the first to acknowledge your point.  That is how reasoned discourse works.

You attempted a p*** poor straw man by changing the argument to disprove that Brown didn't make a Tax Raid

Please try to keep up or go back to colouring with crayons as talking to adults will tire you.

HOLA443
11 hours ago, Riedquat said:

How do you figure that one out? Labour sat on the fence, so votes for them can't be considered Remain any more than they can be considered Leave. The only votes I'd argue stand a good chance of being Remain ones are LibDem ones (and possibly a fair number of SNP ones but there's also a large number of Scottish independence ones there and no certainty about the degree of overlap, even though it's probably high).

The point is that election can't be viewed as a second referendum. As it happens, imho its plausible or even likely the Remain party 'win' percentage reflects what might have happened with an actual referendum but for the reasons you've pointed out, plus  conservatives who didn't fall for this Brexit nonsense, it can't be relied on to act as a proxy.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, msi said:

You attempted a p*** poor straw man by changing the argument to disprove that Brown didn't make a Tax Raid

Please try to keep up or go back to colouring with crayons as talking to adults will tire you.

No your the P*** Poor straw man argument Brown did make the Tax Raid go and look it up.

But rather than do that you now default to an insult as I said earlier not worth debating with are you. I will leave it there.  

HOLA445
HOLA446
12 minutes ago, Insane said:

No your the P*** Poor straw man argument Brown did make the Tax Raid go and look it up.

But rather than do that you now default to an insult as I said earlier not worth debating with are you. I will leave it there.  

*You're, but we've already agreed that you are better suited to crayons.

You made the first assertion, you failed to back it up

You make the bait-n-switch and now are all sore because someone actually calls you out.

Go cry and find another account to try again

HOLA447
1 minute ago, Insane said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/brown-has-raided-ps100-billion-from-pension-funds-7177626.html

Best you take a look and this was published in 2006. Sorry you will have to copy and past as the link won't activate 

Try to answer the actual assertion rather than your p*** poor straw man.

You are right, you aren't debating - you're drooling

HOLA448
Just now, msi said:

*You're, but we've already agreed that you are better suited to crayons.

You made the first assertion, you failed to back it up

You make the bait-n-switch and now are all sore because someone actually calls you out.

Go cry and find another account to try again

Insults again why am I not surprised. Go to my post above copy and past the web address I posted and then READ. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Insane said:

Insults again why am I not surprised. Go to my post above copy and past the web address I posted and then READ. 

Yawn, you need to go to bed and try again.

Your article has nothing to show how Browns tax raised caused all final salary schemes to close.

You have proven nothing other than you spout pointless sound bites with no proof - Typical Tory drool

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, msi said:

Yawn, you need to go to bed and try again.

Your article has nothing to show how Browns tax raised caused all final salary schemes to close.

You have proven nothing other than you spout pointless sound bites with no proof - Typical Tory drool

£100 Billion to a £150 Billion by 2006 you did not read the full article did you !! 

I am not a Tory Yes I did Vote Tory to keep Labour out and that is what upsets you. 

I gave you proof you gave me insults typical msi response. But why should I expect anything more from you ? Lol.    

HOLA4411
Just now, Insane said:

£100 Billion to a £150 Billion by 2006 you did not read the full article did you !! 

I am not a Tory Yes I did Vote Tory to keep Labour out and that is what upsets you. 

I gave you proof you gave me insults typical msi response. But why should I expect anything more from you ? Lol.    

You gave no proof to your first assertion, only to your straw man. 

You are the exact reason for this thread

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Keep voting Tories please....and I will keep winning financially with a guilty feeling but knowing it what people want  

Anyone met these politicians and know their real backgrounds and experience of real world life? Private schools, golden spoons, trust funds.....it’s all a bit sad.

Some of my old family are close to this society, some of their circle are perfect ladies and gentleman with a sense of duty, a sense of obligation to staff and people they look after...they don’t feel ‘better’ than anyone but rather they feel they have a role to play in the same way a qualified electrician is no better than a qualified joiner.

The others in their circle who are greedy entitled ones are politicians or bankers.

If you find yourself overly criticising one side over the other...then look again. I am definitely a leftie (albeit more a non woke liberal leftie) and would have loved to see Corbyn win, but was relieved when he didn’t win.....and certainly wasn’t surprised.

Ps can decisions by Brown not be reversed?
Pps can decisions by Thatcher not be reversed?

That’s all history....designed to distract and diffuse the current position. 

Vote Blue, keep us hardworking investors, business and property owners in the life which we have become accustomed....and stop moaning about house prices, that really shouldn’t concern the riff raff. They should feel lucky just to have food in their bellies.

Would new new Labour do better...possibly not but it’s about ensuring a group of about 50 people are disrupted for the odd term frim running the country for themselves and their mates. Well, at least trying. 

HOLA4417
9 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Grammar points to a level of education that one cannot hide behind. Like most xenophobes, yours has been exposed. Relish it. 

Arrogant , Pathetic , Childish I could go on all day but you really are not worth the effort as you already know.  

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, Insane said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/brown-has-raided-ps100-billion-from-pension-funds-7177626.html

Best you take a look and this was published in 2006. Sorry you will have to copy and past as the link won't activate 

Final salary pensions were always doomed regardless. That's why even before Brown's changes the schemes were being closed off to new entrants, pulling the rung up to protect the previous generation, as usual.

I don't think you're going to find much support from the younger generation for your position when we never had a chance at this stuff anyway.

Anyway, not to worry, you benefited from cheap housing so you've still done well by being born at the right time.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
16 minutes ago, FANG said:

But you just can't blame the Tories, they are all at it.

image.thumb.png.513bf754b43b5ad89691d8d43be13bf5.png

So who do we vote for to bring real change to this country

That is...the million dollar question. 😆😉

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
11 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Grammar points to a level of education that one cannot hide behind. Like most xenophobes, yours has been exposed. Relish it. 

11 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Your poor grammer is more of an insult to readers actually. But having never been a reader, you will never understand that. The shame.

10 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No unfortunately we are all out of the cakes the fish made. As Norwegian fish they were told to f*** off back to their own land.

Touche sir! 

HOLA4423
20 hours ago, nickb1 said:

Well, the AST started under Thatcher and BTL mortgages also started under the Cons IIRC, both key planks of the subsequent price increases and current mess. Probably other aspects of financial deregulation also fed in, kicked off by the Cons. Which is not to say that Blair Brown are absolved btw.

True although Osborne brought in S24.

To be honest housing is a mess that all parties are responsible - even the Lib Dems.

Although I blame most of the voters seem happy with it.

HOLA4424
7 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I don't think you're going to find much support from the younger generation for your position when we never had a chance at this stuff anyway.

Well here is the Rub every generation has lost out . If we still had final salary pensions the younger generation would get them as well when it comes to their turn ( time does go by) do these younger people who show no support think that they will never retire ? 

HOLA4425
20 hours ago, Insane said:

Well here is the Rub every generation has lost out . If we still had final salary pensions the younger generation would get them as well when it comes to their turn ( time does go by) do these younger people who show no support think that they will never retire ? 

Final salary pensions were unsustainable, as has already been pointed out to you. Us workers are paying to support the schemes that would otherwise be underwater.