House Price Crash Forum

Pressure On Dominic Cummings To Quit Over Lockdown Breach

HOLA441

Another one bites the dust.......lol

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

"Police spoke to Dominic Cummings about breaching the government’s lockdown rules after he was seen in Durham, 264 miles from his London home, despite having had symptoms of coronavirus, the Guardian can reveal.

Officers approached Boris Johnson’s key adviser days after he was seen rushing out of Downing Street when the prime minister tested positive for the virus at the end of March, a joint investigation by the Guardian and the Mirror has found. There are now calls for his resignation."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
28 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Another one bites the dust.......lol

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

"Police spoke to Dominic Cummings about breaching the government’s lockdown rules after he was seen in Durham, 264 miles from his London home, despite having had symptoms of coronavirus, the Guardian can reveal.

Officers approached Boris Johnson’s key adviser days after he was seen rushing out of Downing Street when the prime minister tested positive for the virus at the end of March, a joint investigation by the Guardian and the Mirror has found. There are now calls for his resignation."

He should face the same manslaughter charges as Boris.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I think quite predictably his political opponents will demand his immediate resignation now and supporters will defend him whatever the ultimate facts show.

Such is the way of things now politically here and in the US.

Clearly there was the caring and welfare of a 4 year old child to consider - but not clear why that couldn’t have happened in London if one parent was well. No doubt it will be speculated endlessly.

Robert Jenrick visited several of his homes travelling long distances without the mitigating argument of caring for a young child while ill I believe and he didn’t quit - and he is a Cabinet minister leading the government press conference at least once a week not a back room operator.

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA447
17 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I think quite predictably his political opponents will demand his immediate resignation now and supporters will defend him whatever the ultimate facts show.

Clearly there was the caring and welfare of a 4 year old child to consider - but not clear why that couldn’t have happened in London if one parent was well. No doubt it will be speculated endlessly.

Robert Jenrick visited several of his homes travelling long distances without the mitigating argument of caring for a young child while ill I believe and he didn’t quit - and he is a Cabinet minister leading the government press conference at least once a week not a back room operator.

One way he is obviously more important.

But on the other hand is he....

Brexit and Election victories delivered the loosers will be trying to force the PMs hand but he either has to stay or be sacked and backseat drive if i was in conservative hq.

Really dumb thing to do and give opponents ammunition.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

So what about everybody else?

One rule for the elites, another for the rest of us.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

The matter was reported to the police by a member of the public.

Good. I'm centre left so have time for some Tory policies.

Nothing political, this cv^t is easily replaced.

Bye bye.

Edited by hotblack42
Trying to foil auto censor

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, Warlord said:

I think a fine is appropriate if your a high profile person evading lockdown.(and get caught) I don't think he should lose his job. The media are in a frenzy of this! It's crazy.,..

There was an absolute shitstorm of hysteria around Tom Ferguson's transgression. Now the shoe's on the other foot. Cummings is also disputing the testimony of the Durham police. Not sensible.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

HOLA4415
6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

There was an absolute shitstorm of hysteria around Tom Ferguson's transgression. Now the shoe's on the other foot. Cummings is also disputing the testimony of the Durham police. Not sensible.

I think he is trying to spin it. The police say they spoke to the occupiers of the house, rather than to him or his wife. But if the occupiers are his parents, he's stretching the truth by going with the line that the police did not speak to his family.

It's silly really - he broke the law and the law has a consequence - a fine. If he gets fined, the story goes away.

Maybe he does not mind if the story continues to run.

I wonder why.

Edited by Timm

HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

There is a difference though. Ferguson aint losing his job nor should he. He was just on a government advisory body. .which he resigned from in light of the situation

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4417
21 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

There was an absolute shitstorm of hysteria around Tom Ferguson's transgression. Now the shoe's on the other foot.

Not really the same is it.

Neil Ferguson was a proponent of lockdown and broke his own advice to get his end away. 

Dominic Cummings it seems was getting his kids to his parents so they would be looked after and relatively safe if he had severe COVID-19. Seeing what happened to Johnson i can't blame him and, as a parent myself, i would've done the same no matter what the consequences were. 

Edited by sammersmith

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, sammersmith said:

Neil Ferguson was a proponent of lockdown and broke his own advice to get his end away. 

Dominic Cummings it seems was getting his kids to his parents so they would be looked after and relatively safe if he had severe COVID-19. Seeing what happened to Johnson i can't blame him and, as a parent myself, i would've done the same no matter what the consequences were. 

The MET should fine him a grand and get on with it.

He shouldn't lose his job over it.

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, sammersmith said:

Dominic Cummings it seems was getting his kids to his parents so they would be looked after and relatively safe if he had severe COVID-19. Seeing what happened to Johnson i can't blame him and, as a parent myself, i would've done the same no matter what the consequences were. 

As much as I dislike Cummings, I agree. I would do the same for my children and accept the consequences.

I wonder if Cummings will?

HOLA4420

If Cummings goes we will find out who has really been running things. I bet a lot of the cabinet are going to quickly turn on Johnson if the fear of an angry Dom reprisal evaporates. A lot of the blame has been pushed out to them, and Johnson rarely if ever even shows his face. No doubt the odious Gove is lining up to take a shot.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
3 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Who are Dominic Cummings supporters?

HOLA4424
2 minutes ago, rollover said:

Who are Dominic Cummings supporters?

Well I assume the Cabinet and Tory MPs - given they have a majority of 80 and the next election isn't due for four and a half years I expect they will ultimately determine his fate.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Just give him a fine ffs.  I dont think he should lose his job over it 

Isn't it intentional or reckless transmission or exposure of infection?

I'm not UK legislation expert, but isn't it criminal act under existing UK laws, exposing or transmitting infection even if no harm was intended?