House Price Crash Forum

Robinhood trading platform needing to draw lines of credit as angry gamestop traders close accounts.

jimmy2x3

HOLA441
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

lol, the bent system's getting scared.  They have no fecking shame at all.

They are so frikin shamless they are doing it in plain sight now. Anyone who accepts this level of financial corruption commited in front of them is complicit and deserves their wealth inflated away from them.  

HOLA444
HOLA445
45 minutes ago, FTB-house-hunter said:

Whats the best and quickest way to buy a few shares of GME in the UK?  I realise it could all go to zero but this seems so messed up and rigged... i want in!

Any decent online stock trading platform will allow you to trade US markets.  You'll need to sign up but it's easy to do.

For next week it looks like GME and AMC are the ones to watch.

HOLA446
11 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Any decent online stock trading platform will allow you to trade US markets.  You'll need to sign up but it's easy to do.

For next week it looks like GME and AMC are the ones to watch.

Managed to get a revoult account set up.  Just waiting for the verification and will try and buy the two you mention as thats what i was looking at.  I don't understand how people are buying 100's of shares, but even if i can only buy 1 or two, it's one or two that is out of the hands of short sellers.  Let the squeeeeeeze begin :)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
13 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

50 stocks now restricted. Completely rigged.

The whole system is rigged. Against ordinary people. We are at the point where people are willing to lose money just so long as it makes the rich lose too. Summed up in a conversation I found elsewhere

'>"What's your endgame here?" To make billionaires become millionaires. ****** you.

I was aiming to make them hundred-aires who have to live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us. My goal is to see them have to get by with a 2009 Dodge Caliber with a leaky head gasket and squeaky brakes that they need to rely on to get to their warehouse job at 3am everyday. My goal is for them to have to decide if they want their kids to get braces or to keep up with the rent. My goal is to see them live like the rest of us, to eat some humble pie, to smack that smug, self-satisfied look off their faces and get them to admit that they were never smarter or better than the rest of us, they were just richer for a time before we took it back from them.'

One of the problems is that the estblishment now believe their own lies. To 'help the poor' they will print money, lower interest rates, bail out banks and big corporations and increase government spending. Then they'll wonder why the poor are poorer and angrier and the rich are even more stupendously wealthy.

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Biggus said:

One of the problems is that the estblishment now believe their own lies. To 'help the poor' they will print money, lower interest rates, bail out banks and big corporations and increase government spending. Then they'll wonder why the poor are poorer and angrier and the rich are even more stupendously wealthy.

100%

I am a high earning, maybe top 2% (or 1% this year if bonus comes through). I am affiliated with "the system". Yet I am in my 40s, I have a house valued just over £600k which to many people on this site will seem like a lot but is nothing for London, I had to move out to get that. It's what I can afford because I was never gifted wealth, I never bought a house early enough and I never profited from that. I still have a large mortgage.

I have a lot of saved equity now which is growing because of these policies but I condemn them. 

The system might be marginally making everyone a bit "better off" by giving them nicer cars, TVs, snacks, food, etc but it is fundamentally failing when it comes to giving people decency and a chance to get ahead like the previous generation had. Most people today feel they will be working till they drop, they're not going to be retiring early with a paid off booming house and a BTL and a hobby car (*). And that is why people are angrier and angrier.

(*) I know, many people in the previous generation don't have that either, and I bet they're angry too. Like I am, even though by rights, in my 40s, I should be one of those who bought in the early 2000s and sitting pretty now. I did not. I'm not angry about that, I'm angry that the system is cutting people off from a path those before them enjoyed.

HOLA4412
31 minutes ago, Biggus said:

The whole system is rigged. Against ordinary people. We are at the point where people are willing to lose money just so long as it makes the rich lose too. Summed up in a conversation I found elsewhere

'>"What's your endgame here?" To make billionaires become millionaires. ****** you.

I was aiming to make them hundred-aires who have to live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us. My goal is to see them have to get by with a 2009 Dodge Caliber with a leaky head gasket and squeaky brakes that they need to rely on to get to their warehouse job at 3am everyday. My goal is for them to have to decide if they want their kids to get braces or to keep up with the rent. My goal is to see them live like the rest of us, to eat some humble pie, to smack that smug, self-satisfied look off their faces and get them to admit that they were never smarter or better than the rest of us, they were just richer for a time before we took it back from them.'

Now its not.

Trading ,which h is this junk, is a zero sum game and youll end up bust.

Investing where you take a long position will make you better off slowly.

This fwittery is just a newer spin on pump n dump.

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

100%

I am a high earning, maybe top 2% (or 1% this year if bonus comes through). I am affiliated with "the system". Yet I am in my 40s, I have a house valued just over £600k which to many people on this site will seem like a lot but is nothing for London, I had to move out to get that. It's what I can afford because I was never gifted wealth, I never bought a house early enough and I never profited from that. I still have a large mortgage.

I have a lot of saved equity now which is growing because of these policies but I condemn them. 

The system might be marginally making everyone a bit "better off" by giving them nicer cars, TVs, snacks, food, etc but it is fundamentally failing when it comes to giving people decency and a chance to get ahead like the previous generation had. Most people today feel they will be working till they drop, they're not going to be retiring early with a paid off booming house and a BTL and a hobby car (*). And that is why people are angrier and angrier.

(*) I know, many people in the previous generation don't have that either, and I bet they're angry too. Like I am, even though by rights, in my 40s, I should be one of those who bought in the early 2000s and sitting pretty now. I did not. I'm not angry about that, I'm angry that the system is cutting people off from a path those before them enjoyed.

Top 1% is 160k. I wouldn't like to be on that "little" and trying to raise a family in London. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Back to the OPs point about buying silver, or indeed Gold ETFs. You can actually also buy little chunk of physical gold on platforms like GoldMoney...albeit with a flat storage fee. 

People buying Bitcoin does not hurt the system really. If everyone moved their money over, then of course, that would, but not going to happen. However, what would happen if there was the same mass move into Gold or Silver ETFs. The Fed and so on have spent years suppressing the price of Gold, with JPM being the major patsy from my understanding and doin massive overnight selling of gold when it starts to rally.

Would this be more effective than targeting the odd hedge fund?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Now its not.

No, it's a short squeeze facilitated by hedge funds massively over-extending themselves to short stocks in a number of companies and made possible because of 'social media' connections between individuals with the ability to trade.

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Also, I do think it would be good if those who are following the different reddit or Twitter threads that are driving the mass buy ins, share it on here. Get a Revolut account, chuck a few hundred quid in and start having some fun, and at the same screw these bastards.

Someone needs to set up a slush fund that goes after heavily shorted stocks and lets people buy in with whatever they can afford to lose.

I'd be more than willing to pump in a hundred quid here or there if it f-s up the cronies in the financial sector.

HOLA4419
24 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Back to the OPs point about buying silver, or indeed Gold ETFs. You can actually also buy little chunk of physical gold on platforms like GoldMoney...albeit with a flat storage fee. 

People buying Bitcoin does not hurt the system really. If everyone moved their money over, then of course, that would, but not going to happen. However, what would happen if there was the same mass move into Gold or Silver ETFs. The Fed and so on have spent years suppressing the price of Gold, with JPM being the major patsy from my understanding and doin massive overnight selling of gold when it starts to rally.

Physical sovereigns would be the way to go - I plan on 'saving' by buying them from here on in.  Might start trickling money into bitcoin every month too.

IMO there is about to be a massive inflationary event - you can feel a sense of cash being worthless at the moment even, with difficulties getting hold of many desirable consumer items and OTT scalper prices being the norm.  That's actually price discovery in action .......

Add in surges in the price of raw materials (steel and lumber) and you have the signs of an approaching inflation storm.

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Now its not.

+1

It's bucket shop capitalism.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bucketshop.asp

Bucket shops are brokerage firms that have clear and unmitigated conflicts of interest with their customers. Traditionally, they functioned as gambling houses in which customers were encouraged to take on substantial leverage in order to speculate on future stock prices. When customers occasionally profited on their trades, the gains would be advertised by the bucket shop to recruit new customers. In most instances, however, the customers would face large or even total losses. As with all gambling activities, the bucket shops benefited from their customer's losses.

Bucket shops became common in the late 1800s, when the spread of new communications technologies, such as the telegraph, made it possible to speculate on stock prices in a timely manner. Bucket shops emerged to let clients gamble on stock prices in the same way that they might otherwise bet on racehorses,

One possible explanation for the origins of the name "bucket shop" has to do with another technique used by these firms to profit off their clients. After executing their trades throughout the day, bucket shops would sometimes throw the trade tickets into a bucket. After mixing the tickets together, the firm would then allocate winning and losing trades to specific clients based on their assessment of which clients would likely generate the most profit for the firm. This practice is of course prohibited by today's legal and regulatory standards.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, HovelinHove said:

how does buying gold or bitcoin remove money from the system ? it just changes the owner. saying that i fancy a few gold coins royal mint is the same price. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Well i opened a etoro account yesterday. stuck 200 quid in just for fun. i have other share accounts but their long term one an isa. 

Also took a wee look about at bullion dealers for 1kg bars of silver. most appear to be out of stock when thats un0usual ive dealt with these companies for years and to see all them out of stock is odd. bairds, chards, royal mint etc etc. i ended up getting 1 x 1kg bar but wanted 4. 

The reason gold and silver would be the prefect way to loss them all money is they control the currencies, gold is a currency, and currencies are allways in competition. paper on screens you just print when your skint. its a great system and used to destroy wealth and make wealth. 

but they cant do that with a physical currency, you need to hold it and take it. you cant send the gold out there and just take some when you want happens with paper currency. 

At the moment if you hold any paper money in the bank its losing value every year. because the intrest rate is lower than inflation. and thats another way they take the wealth and productivity back from you. so you must keep that money working not sitting in a bank being devalued. The problem is even under the bed its devaluing. thats why they fear gold and silver. With gold and silver they lose control of you. you could become rich and they cant steal it back when you dont even realise it. 

most people dont even realise how much has been stolen back, most of it used to create all these massive financial institutions. and to insult you more they will tell you its hard work that made em rich, yeah it was hard work but it wasint their hard work it was yours. they made you work hard for a pound and then took 5p off it for themselves each year you held onto it. 

But gold and silver they cannot do this printing and devaluing. thats why if you want to bring down the system all you do is stop using their currency 

Edited by jimmy2x3

HOLA4425

IG Trading also "proiritising their service"...mmmm. 

"Information about GME and AMC
In order to prioritise the service we give our existing clients, IG is not currently allowing any new positions to be opened on the US stocks GameStop and AMC Entertainment. Clients are still able to close existing positions in these stocks.

We continue to see high volatility in these and other stocks and positions may be subject to margin changes at short notice. High volatility increases the risk of sudden, large or rapid losses."

You can sell ok though...lol.

Have any other UK brokers said the same yet?