House Price Crash Forum

Robinhood trading platform needing to draw lines of credit as angry gamestop traders close accounts.

jimmy2x3

HOLA441
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
16 minutes ago, longgone said:

The real story is the publicising of the fact the rich are not allowed to be hustled. 

Yeah, it's suppose to be a win win bet for the bent financial system.

Everyone else should waste their lives working for an piss poor hourly rate and pay tax.

lol, these are really interesting times.

HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yeah, it's suppose to be a win win bet for the bent financial system.

Everyone else should waste their lives working for an piss poor hourly rate and pay tax.

lol, these are really interesting times.

indeed wages need to rise massively along with interest rates and the crashing of assets to get the plebs on an even Kiel again.  

The rich like free money too much though, how will it change no one knows. 

HOLA444

Trading platforms XTB, Forex and Plus500 are currently restricting purchase of various stocks. 
Warning across most exchanges account approval is delayed due to all time high applications.

At 2.16pm today XTB announced limited trading of certain stocks. More concerning is it’s preventing me from buying silver; been trying for over an hour.

Kraken is also down over on the crypto exchanges due to such high volume.

The genie is out of the bottle! I’m not hugely experienced in trading, but I know a panicked Wall Street when I see one!

HOLA445
HOLA446
40 minutes ago, longgone said:

The real story is the publicising of the fact the rich are not allowed to be hustled. 

It's wakey wakey time for a lot of regular people (of course, a lot of people already clued in from the antics of the media and silicon valley over the last few years and the mentality behind cancel culture and manipulation of media narrative).

The bunch of corporate, establishment cronies appear to have reached the point where either they don't feel the need to hide their bias and corruption any more or the situation is so dire, they have no choice.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, highcontrast said:

This is getting all a bit scary and Orwellian now isn't it?

Also Bloomberg which I normally like is intervening lots of hedge fund types saying things like the general public "need adult supervision" !!!

Only the CEO from softbank realised the changing of the tide and how retail investors have to be listened to now, because if the general public decide to work in concert they become the biggest hedge fund etc.

It got scary and Orwellian quite a while ago but because media and tech were only targeting the Orange Man and 'wrongthinkers', at least half the population either didn't care or actually cheered it on.

The sort of BS that Silicon Valley and the media are now rolling out is directly out of the playbook that they have been refining for the last four or five years.

HOLA448
4 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

It's wakey wakey time for a lot of regular people (of course, a lot of people already clued in from the antics of the media and silicon valley over the last few years and the mentality behind cancel culture and manipulation of media narrative).

The bunch of corporate, establishment cronies appear to have reached the point where either they don't feel the need to hide their bias and corruption any more or the situation is so dire, they have no choice.

The crime of complacency has run on too long and the victims of circumstance have started to wake up. 

TPTB have spent decades convincing the plebs this is how life is. 

HOLA449
8 minutes ago, longgone said:

The crime of complacency has run on too long and the victims of circumstance have started to wake up. 

TPTB have spent decades convincing the plebs this is how life is. 

I think that this could possibly go down in history as the moment where it all started to turn.

More and more people who haven't already cottoned on to the fact that they are constantly played by the establishment are having their eyes opened.  I think the sentiment can only grow from here.

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

I think that this could possibly go down in history as the moment where it all started to turn.

More and more people who haven't already cottoned on to the fact that they are constantly played by the establishment are having their eyes opened.  I think the sentiment can only grow from here.

lets hope so. 

they have already burned the theory of austerity and not having enough money 😂

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Western capitalism is over and has been over for decades.  Now it's just turning into an embarrassment for the establishment as it's all coming out in the open.

This has happened throughout history when the ordinary person get's no benefit from the system they live in. 

It collapses due to the greed of a small minority of people who lose touch with reality.

Welcome to 2021

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

Hopefully. But the UK had an opportunity to reject the bankster culture a year ago and failed to take it.

PRI_99131205-e1574352579899.jpg?quality=

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Western capitalism is over and has been over for decades.  Now it's just turning into an embarrassment for the establishment as it's all coming out in the open.

This has happened throughout history when the ordinary person get's no benefit from the system they live in. 

It collapses due to the greed of a small minority of people who lose touch with reality.

Welcome to 2021

The thing is, people's standards of living (in the West) have been on the rise pretty consistently.  Even compared to my childhood, there is a vastly higher standard of living today -  never mind compared to how my parents grew up and light years ahead of their parents.

Never mind the amount of greed and corruption at the top - as long as the average pleb is seeing a good standard of living, rising constantly, they just don't really care.  The system appears to work well enough.

However, with global population growth and the rise of new economic powers like China, it doesn't look like the good times are going to continue much longer for the West.  TPTB have been propping it up with borrowing and credit for the last decade or two but at some stage, soon, we'll get to a crunch.

Hence, you get this concept of a 'Great Reset' - a restructuring of the system by the elites so that it survives enough to keep them on top.  Everyone else can expect a loss of liberty and to have to live within their means instead of well outside them, which implies a considerable drop in living standards for many if not most.

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

The thing is, people's standards of living (in the West) have been on the rise pretty consistently.  Even compared to my childhood, there is a vastly higher standard of living today -  never mind compared to how my parents grew up and light years ahead of their parents.

Never mind the amount of greed and corruption at the top - as long as the average pleb is seeing a good standard of living, rising constantly, they just don't really care.  The system appears to work well enough.

However, with global population growth and the rise of new economic powers like China, it doesn't look like the good times are going to continue much longer for the West.  TPTB have been propping it up with borrowing and credit for the last decade or two but at some stage, soon, we'll get to a crunch.

Hence, you get this concept of a 'Great Reset' - a restructuring of the system by the elites so that it survives enough to keep them on top.  Everyone else can expect a loss of liberty and to have to live within their means instead of well outside them, which implies a considerable drop in living standards for many if not most.

The 'consistent rise' you mention is a crumb from Globalisation - the stuff that cost a lot in your parents day seems cheaper because manufacturing has moved to lower wage and lower commodity countries.  A pair of Leather shoes used to be a weeks wages and last a year, now you can get a pair for £20 and even if it lasts a year it's 'worth' it. 

Globalisation has allowed the elites to move from multi Millionaire to Billionaire territory.  It used to be that such wealth would naturally travel to 'liberal democracies' of the West - but the rise of China has shown that the wealthy can tolerate  authoritarianism, so long as the devils pact is maintained.

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, jimmy2x3 said:

Well well, so they restrict the accounts to stop purchases of gamestop and other highly shorted shares. Senators in usa going nuts about it, investors going nuts about it, complaints of Robinhood in cahoots with other platforms trying to save the short sellers. talks of investigating market manipulation. 

So now everyone and his dog is now closing out their robinhood accounts and they have had to call on lines of credit to pay out all the accounts,bloomberg reporting over $1 billion drawing so gar. it has exposed shortfalls in the trading platform. This could cause a whole stock market crash as worried investors are pulling out to safety. 

But thats chump change to what might happen next. and if im honest should have been the first direction. and thats to cause a squeeze on silver. This is the fear of the markets, there is 1200 ounces of silver traded for every 1 oz in existance. imagine the holders of the ETFS had to cover them, its the 70s cornering of the silver market all over again. 

intresting days ahead 

Same as Bitcoin, just the other way.

HOLA4419
11 minutes ago, msi said:

The 'consistent rise' you mention is a crumb from Globalisation - the stuff that cost a lot in your parents day seems cheaper because manufacturing has moved to lower wage and lower commodity countries.  A pair of Leather shoes used to be a weeks wages and last a year, now you can get a pair for £20 and even if it lasts a year it's 'worth' it. 

Globalisation has allowed the elites to move from multi Millionaire to Billionaire territory.  It used to be that such wealth would naturally travel to 'liberal democracies' of the West - but the rise of China has shown that the wealthy can tolerate  authoritarianism, so long as the devils pact is maintained.

Not for Loakes', Church's or Barker's

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

Hopefully. But the UK had an opportunity to reject the bankster culture a year ago and failed to take it.

I won't quote the photo, too hideous for this time on a Friday.

Maybe respecting the will the referendum result rather than pandering to the 2nd reffers, patriot vote, "confirming overturn" might have brought about change. But you guys gave us Boris, with a capital B ♥️ We did help, I admit, but Comrades C and M were instrumental in Dec 2019's result.

That argument aside, I believe JC would have driven the banksters from this country pretty quickly. Sadly, also along with other more productive people who just had the misfortune of earning more than his Momentum lackeys (or was it masters....?).

56 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

The BBC have over the past couple of years been quite interested with how childrens birthday parties are bad for the environment, and how eating insects is common in other parts of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49127499

Preparing the country for the inevitable maybe? We haven't had a decent war in a while, maybe that'll sort it out.

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, Huggy said:

I won't quote the photo, too hideous for this time on a Friday.

Maybe respecting the will the referendum result rather than pandering to the 2nd reffers, patriot vote, "confirming overturn" might have brought about change. But you guys gave us Boris, with a capital B ♥️ We did help, I admit, but Comrades C and M were instrumental in Dec 2019's result.

That argument aside, I believe JC would have driven the banksters from this country pretty quickly. Sadly, also along with other more productive people who just had the misfortune of earning more than his Momentum lackeys (or was it masters....?).

The BBC have over the past couple of years been quite interested with how childrens birthday parties are bad for the environment, and how eating insects is common in other parts of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49127499

Preparing the country for the inevitable maybe? We haven't had a decent war in a while, maybe that'll sort it out.

JC should have trusted his instincts and made the case for a Lefty Brexit. It was the Blairites (like Starmer) who wanted a second vote. Ridiculous charade.

HOLA4422
4 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

That fact that they can take the ball away mid-game because they do not like the score should be shaking everyone to the bone. It's the most blatant and obvious f*** you to the plebiscite. 

HOLA4423
2 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

JC should have trusted his instincts and made the case for a Lefty Brexit. It was the Blairites (like Starmer) who wanted a second vote. Ridiculous charade.

Agreed. His principles, while not aligned to mine in any way, were actually principles and so need to get at least some respect.

The millionnaire landlord Tony Blair was thinking about different things.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425