House Price Crash Forum

Sunak's Latest U-Turn Shows The Johnson Project Is Falling Apart

HOLA441

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/opinion/21742-sunak-s-latest-u-turn-shows-the-johnson-project-is-falling-apart

"The government is also deeply divided over how to deal with Covid itself. While the death rate rises, Sunak, his supporters and right wing MPs are resisting scientific advice and some in the cabinet by opposing a national circuit-breaking lockdown at all costs. In the absence of a working test and trace system every day a national lockdown is delayed is costing lives. 

The result of the shambolic Covid response is that Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland are now all running their own policy on the virus, the most important issue of the day. Sunak's old-school, tight ship economics have lost the Tories much of the North West."

The wheels are now coming off and Boris and the master genius Cummings are looking like idiots.  The Tories are going to have to look for a new leader soon imo.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

When he sacked all those MPs and then suspended parliament, everyone said he was a moron as was Cummings. 

He used that as a base to win a huge majority a few months later. 

I think brexit is nonsense and the Cv19 repsonse has been ridiculous. I am not however writing them off

Edited by captainb

HOLA445

I find it ironic, and quite fitting, that the prime minister of the whole country is on a salary that would be hard pushed to afford a 2 bed ex council flat in Hackney..... and that is with near zero interest rates. 

What was it that Naomi Campbell was famous for saying......?  

I also think Boris is gonna jack it in, who wouldn’t?

HOLA446

It's business as usual for the Tories.  I suspect they'll be pleased with how they're doing.  I dont see Johnson going anywhere. 

Why wouldn't be, once he has got the job done he was voted in to do......CoVid was not something planned for, leave that for others better able to deal with.;)

HOLA447

I think brexit is nonsense and the Cv19 repsonse has been ridiculous. I am not however writing them off

People are much, much, much more primitive than we like to think.

The Tories are objectively awful. They're taking your money and awarding billions of it in contracts to their mates to deal with COVID, and getting it so badly wrong that we're one of the worst in the world. They lie, distract, talk B.S and they play the same trick that these sort of parties have always played... they find an out-group to blame and they do it, relentlessly. They control the rhetoric by inventing an outside enemy. Anything that keeps the masses looking the other way.

And it works, over and over again. Look at this forum. Look at the polling. People are primitive apes who just love an outsider to blame. We'll never change, it's just our primitive nature. 

HOLA448

The polls aren’t looking too bad for them though are they?

Remember, there is a large quorum of pensioners who aren’t affected by the economics of any of this. So long as those people can be kept angry about things like immigrants and statues, the Tories will remain high in the polls. 

Economically, nothing can’t touch them short of inflation picking up. 

HOLA449

This winter is going to be horrible, particularly the second half. When we emerge blinking into the spring - that would be nice time for the chosen one to take the reins. 

HOLA4410

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/opinion/21742-sunak-s-latest-u-turn-shows-the-johnson-project-is-falling-apart

The wheels are now coming off and Boris and the master genius Cummings are looking like idiots.  The Tories are going to have to look for a new leader soon imo.

The Cummings genius myth is just hindsight bias imo. He got lucky with taking a lot of credit for Vote Leave, which was a very achieveable goal given attitudes in England. The rose garden presser revealed what a fraud he is. Oh, and the blog editting thing. 😂

woz3.jpg

HOLA4411

The Cummings genius myth is just hindsight bias imo. He got lucky with taking a lot of credit for Vote Leave, which was a very achieveable goal given attitudes in England. The rose garden presser revealed what a fraud he is. Oh, and the blog editting thing. 😂

"I was testing my eyesight" remains one of the most blatant and pathetic lies our country has ever been foie grased. 

HOLA4412

"I was testing my eyesight" remains one of the most blatant and pathetic lies our country has ever been foie grased. 

The thing is, most people have broken the covid restrictions in some way, so it make him look more normal, like one of us.

The journalists attacking him just made themselves look ridiculous.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The thing is, most people have broken the covid restrictions in some way, so it make him look more normal, like one of us.

The journalists attacking him just made themselves look ridiculous.

At that stage most people had not broken the rules. At that stage he was an outlier. But as it was fine for him, it’s fine for everyone. Who cares, just do what you want.

He’s a tax avoiding liar just like the rest of them and we should be holding these clowns to higher standards instead of facilitating their constant personal wealth acquisition. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

At that stage most people had not broken the rules. At that stage he was an outlier. But as it was fine for him, it’s fine for everyone. Who cares, just do what you want.

He’s a tax avoiding liar just like the rest of them and we should be holding these clowns to higher standards instead of facilitating their constant personal wealth acquisition. 

I think your letting your bias cloud your judgment. By that point almost everyone I knew had. Almost everyone. People in my family. People on my street. Etc

Do you really believe people saw the stories that he had gone for a drive and decided oh it's okay now.

Isn't it now over 85 percent have broken the rules?

HOLA4417

I think your letting your bias cloud your judgment. By that point almost everyone I knew had. Almost everyone. People in my family. People on my street. Etc

Do you really believe people saw the stories that he had gone for a drive and decided oh it's okay now.

Isn't it now over 85 percent have broken the rules?

Everyone I know jumps queues. I jump queues. Queue jumping is just smart people acting smarter than dumb people.

Everyone I know kicks dogs. I love kicking dogs. We all kick dogs secretly, the law should allow kicking dogs.

Everyone I know says the n word. I say the n word. We all say the n word secretly. The n word should be fine to say.

Everyone I know steals. I steal. Our government steals. Stealing should be legal. 

Everyone I know does whatever they want. I do whatever I want. Doing whatever you want should be allowed. 85% of the country wants anarchy. 

:D 

Cummings is a lying cheat, just like Johnson is a lying cheat. If you feel empathy for lying cheats because their actions correspond to the lying cheat inside you then it makes sense to defend the lying cheats. 

HOLA4418
"This anger was, however, rooted in long running economic and social grievances, the decimation of industry in the 1980s and the absence of any plan or investment since then in whole swathes of the country. 

To get elected Johnson made promises here while appealing to right wingers in his party and picking a cabinet largely made up of enthusiastic free marketeers many privately committed to continuing austerity."

Government plans and interventions are not a good solution to the destruction of British industry. Governments are not good at creating and running profitable businesses. Instead they need to get out of the way and allow the market to function.

If a run down down town or city, for example Hull, was turned into a low tax, lightly regulated area it would grow and prosper quickly. No schemes or wheezes are necessary. Billions of investment are not needed. Just stop being the problem and get out of the way.

Corona was never going to have a good outcome for the government. They were either going to be heartless toffs sacrificing lives for the economy or they were going to strangle the economy. They chose the latter.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

If a run down down town or city, for example Hull, was turned into a low tax, lightly regulated area it would grow and prosper quickly. No schemes or wheezes are necessary. Billions of investment are not needed. Just stop being the problem and get out of the way.

Somalia and Afghanistan are lightly regulated and low tax.  Remind me how successful they are.

HOLA4421

But most people weren't involved in drawing up the self-same rules that they later broke.

Exactly. If they weren’t willing to be squeaky clean - and if they are caught hold their hands up and say I f**ked up rather than concocting the most ridiculous tale, then they shouldn’t have made the rules.

And I do believe some people’s attitudes changed after that incident, yes. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
58 minutes ago, Biggus said:

This is why it will never happen while the government has power. Why on Earth would these control freak psychos ever allow an example of how good things could be if we simply strung them up?

HOLA4425

But most people weren't involved in drawing up the self-same rules that they later broke.

Exactly.....Lead by example, if kids see their parents cheat they are more likely to cheat.....what's good for the goose is good for the gander.....special jobs does not mean special people, we are all equals.;)