juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
8 hours ago, juvenal said:

Is it just me, or are more and more of these little cars being bought?

I'm spotting them everywhere lately - nearly all brand new...

Not bought, PCP'd They have deals on with deposits etc. Ford Ka variant is actually a nicer car, just not as "pretty"

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
5 hours ago, longgone said:

mostly driven by snowflake female millennials 

Oh yes. Some are quite aggressive shall we say......although what they expect to achieve tailgating a Volvo Wentworth is I'm afraid quite beyond me. I mean, they'll just be so much blood strewn scrap metal if I DID have to stop suddenly..... which is after all, one of the main reasons why I drive it. Oh yes and the same applies to anyone driving a range rooney , fancy Merc,  BMW or Audi....feckin' ladettes.

And breathe....(or smirk). 

HOLA4411

Confirmation bias - they have been popular for a while and have now been in existence for long enough that you suddenly notice them.

This is usually the point where a popular product suddenly goes out of fashion because 'god they are everywhere' see also Minis

The trick is to find a good car which for some reason nobody else likes, like maybe a Subaru

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
44 minutes ago, winkie said:

My first car.....sunroof, rear air cooled engine, starter and choke on floor, 2 star leaded petrol, double declutch......how could anything have improved on that....everything else is an imposter.;)

I am the sort that might  be in the market for one of these nostalgic brands...mini, beetle etc. But basically new safety requirement make them look like non descript tanks, not like the original at all. Dashboards are quite nice though.

1966_Fiat_Nuova_500F_and_2008_Fiat_500.j

500-Cult_17.jpg

HOLA4415

Well I don't really like the new fiat dashboard....bit sweet and sickly....prefer the old Yaris dash, the one with no instruments in front of the steering wheel and everything clear to look at down an offset hole....simplicity at its best.;)

HOLA4416
On 18/08/2017 at 8:01 AM, DrMartinSanchez said:

All I see in my part of the world is Nissan Qashqais, Range Rovers and white BMWs.

Don't get me started on qashquais. Talk about aspirational keeping up with the Joneses. 'are we using the qashquai dear'. Apparently they're functionally incapable of driving anywhere but the middle lane on the motorway too.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Fiat has a great reputation for building small cars.

I think one of my work colleagues has bought one: a 63 reg Abarth. B) Replaced a Ford Ka so she must prefer short cars. Shame it's a white one.

I really like the more utilitarian looking Fiat Panda. One of these or a 500 would be more suitable than my 1.4 tonne Nissan Almera 2.2 diesel.

HOLA4419

I was rather unhappy to be given one as a hire car a few years ago for a 150+ mile each way journey. A rather unpleasant little thing for that. They might be good for trundling around town, although it felt like it was going to tip over on roundabouts.

HOLA4420

Be aware that these things are also exported to the USA. Mrs Dirkles and myself rock up to the car hire desk and laugh when the chap said we should upgrade as he can do us a good deal. At this point we were down for a focus or similar. Get to the parking garage, look along the line of cars a there it is a fiat 500. Its so small that we couldnt even get one suitcase in let alone another plus hand baggage so back we go to hire desk and pay for the upgrade. Is this a new scam to get poeple to upgrade the car hire package?

HOLA4421
On 8/19/2017 at 3:57 PM, Si1 said:

Don't get me started on qashquais. Talk about aspirational keeping up with the Joneses. 'are we using the qashquai dear'. Apparently they're functionally incapable of driving anywhere but the middle lane on the motorway too.

Nissan's motability cashcow. Worst of the poser softroaders imho. Most are 2wd and have such low towing capacity, as does the duster but atleast the duster has cheap/spartan reverse snobbery on its side.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 19/08/2017 at 3:57 PM, Si1 said:

Fake off-roaders, (faux by fours as i call them) are probably amongst tge worst driven cars on the road. Either too aggressive or completely oblivious to the world around them. A favourite tactic of their drivers is to drive along at just below the speed limiter speed of Coaches or HGVs, force them to start overtaking and then speed up to just enough above the limiter that the larger vehicle gets stranded in the overtaking lane with a BMW up its trumpet.

HOLA4425
6 hours ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Nissan's motability cashcow. Worst of the poser softroaders imho. Most are 2wd and have such low towing capacity, as does the duster but atleast the duster has cheap/spartan reverse snobbery on its side.

Poser? If I wanted to pose I be in an XC60 or 90 not in a reasonable runabout with a high enough seat to allow the wife easy access. Dacia are too tacky and uncomfortable and the Renault Captur is just weird.

Archived