House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

An excellent summary of four and a half years.

I'm certain that after reading all 2,000 pages this evening, 98% on here will call every single point in the deal proof that Brexit has failed. Every. Single. Point.

And then the thread gets locked next Thursday evening, say about an hour before midnight! 🤞

You wish. Just the begining... of the middle... of the end... of the $hit show.
Bring it, own it, there's nowhere to hide 👨‍⚖️.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I think we can probably rejoin, but at the moment I think we are out. Will probably work out a lot more expensive. Don't get me started on Galileo, but at least that is semi understandable as its tied to the EU (not the ESA interestingly).

With Musk reducing the cost to orbit as much as he has it might work out ok in the end though. We could just use SpaceX as the ride provider.

It needs more than just throwing up satellites. 

HOLA448

To some, to others not.

The only "advantages" I can see are twofold

1) Sovereignty - We can kick out those that make rules we dont like

2) Immigration - If you had low skills you now have less competition

To answer:

1) The same right wing media that sold brexit to the masses still tell the masses what to think. They still think whatever they are told to - Result : Pointless

2) I cant answer, it never bothered me. I like mixing with different cultures and have found it far easier to get a capable plumber. I guess that annoyed the useless pricks that we used to have to deal with.

HOLA449

An excellent summary of four and a half years.

I'm certain that after reading all 2,000 pages this evening, 98% on here will call every single point in the deal proof that Brexit has failed. Every. Single. Point.

And then the thread gets locked next Thursday evening, say about an hour before midnight! 🤞

Why are you trying to shut down debate? Next Thursday evening an hour before midnight is unicorn reveal time.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The only "advantages" I can see are twofold

1) Sovereignty - We can kick out those that make rules we dont like

Expel people from the country that set rules? 

If we want decent trade levels with a variety of modern nations, we'll be following rules set by someone. The UK lacks the clout to be a big player in setting such rules. 

2) Immigration - If you had low skills you now have less competition

Are you sure? 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Well.,as an absolute skint pleb in the grim fcked up north (my area voted Brexit) let me please inform everyone: the fcking sht ain't gonna change, not one fcking bit, and if Mr 24 Gray and his Brexit buddies think it is then I can assure you he is fcking seriously deluded.

Bring it on Etonian Mr. Johnson. Let's really see what you've got. My guess is that you are a posh wnker

Edited by miguel

HOLA4421

You started this debate saying the UK didn’t bother to test the vaccine.  Your own post here shows this to be incorrect.  You may argue they are still running trials, that is totally normal for drugs and vaccines, they continue testing to check the dose levels, check new formulations etc.   It’s also normal to approve based on an interim analysis.  

HOLA4422

You started this debate saying the UK didn’t bother to test the vaccine.  Your own post here shows this to be incorrect.  You may argue they are still running trials, that is totally normal for drugs and vaccines, they continue testing to check the dose levels, check new formulations etc.   It’s also normal to approve based on an interim analysis.  

It's not a UK vaccine. The only thing that the UK can do is approve it. 

Edited by miguel

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

It's not a UK vaccine. The only thing that the UK can do is approve it. 

He claimed the UK had not tested it.  Of course Pfizer we’re responsible for testing and the UK MHRA for its assessment and then approval.  All of which were done in a diligent way.  I get it that there are a percentage of people who just love to hate, they should accept there are those that will call them out.