House Price Crash Forum

Witness the end of "Wokeness"

HOLA441
6 hours ago, MarkG said:

Bingo. 'Woke' is a disease of wealth and easy living, which only arises when people have nothing better to do.

It inevitably destroys the societies it arises in, and once things go Mad Max no-one cares about what pronouns people want you to use and few people get confused about what sex they are.

It probably wouldn't even have been possible in the West if the real jobs hadn't been shipped to China, leaving millions of people with nothing useful to do. People who work in factories and mines don't much worry about pronouns or get confused about sex either, whereas bureaucrats in makework jobs will pursue it to the limit of their funding.

It really is a bigger deal for the right than anyone else.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
11 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It really is a bigger deal for the right than anyone else.

More cryptic Jabberwocky from you. Your posts really are a complete waste of bandwidth!

Either write intelligible stuff that makes sense or just go away (and get a software upgrade!).

HOLA443
6 hours ago, MarkG said:

Bingo. 'Woke' is a disease of wealth and easy living, which only arises when people have nothing better to do.

It inevitably destroys the societies it arises in, and once things go Mad Max no-one cares about what pronouns people want you to use and few people get confused about what sex they are.

It probably wouldn't even have been possible in the West if the real jobs hadn't been shipped to China, leaving millions of people with nothing useful to do. People who work in factories and mines don't much worry about pronouns or get confused about sex either, whereas bureaucrats in makework jobs will pursue it to the limit of their funding.

Absolutely true. I despair of all the make work jobs in the UK, and the mischief these people get up to. The high taxes required to fund them is killing our economy.

HOLA444
52 minutes ago, onlooker said:

Absolutely true. I despair of all the make work jobs in the UK, and the mischief these people get up to. The high taxes required to fund them is killing our economy.

Yep. It all started with Traffic Wardens. Look how far we've come since then and how many utterly useless jobs now exist.

It even extends to the rise in numbers seeking largely useless qualifications too.

A list of 28 useless degrees that won't get you a job (quickly) - Future Fit

Edited by anonguest

HOLA445
7 hours ago, MarkG said:

I seem to remember a pyramid of human needs, at the bottom is food, at the top is helping others.  So woke is to an extent a product of a wealthy society.  I think the problem for many is that it's got to the point of sounding like "harping on".  People I talk to who have gay friends are even tired of the woke media.  

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I remember reading (in a book made of paper, natch!) about this kind of thing a few years ago. Basically the idea was that people live in imaginary worlds, possibly enhanced by online stuff. If you live on social media and all you do is share pictures and opinions, you can end up with arguments that have no answer but are just opinion.

I see the AI thing as related to that - ChatGTP can generate as much right-on verbiage as you like but it is incapable of making true statements about the real world.

"Identity" is related to that. I identify as a gender-agnostic demi-human. What does that mean? You mustn't ask or question because that shows you are a bigot who literally wants to genocide me.

The point in the book was that the real world doesn't work like that. If you strip down an internal combustion engine, clean all the parts and re-assemble it, and then try to start it, either it will run or it will not run. The engine doesn't identify itself as running or not running. You don't identify yourself as having succeeded or failed in getting it working. It either works or it doesn't.

The moral of the story is that social media and online "culture" are deadly poisonous to mental and physical wellbeing. The internet is a useful research tool for finding out information about things in the real world, but it is a cancer on society once it starts replacing human interaction.

HOLA449
3 hours ago, onlooker said:

Preposterous. Those high taxes are the cost of refinancing Gordon Brown's housing bubble.

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, onlooker said:

Luckily spouting sh*t on the internet is free. thanks for that.

HOLA4411
12 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Wokeism aka Marxism. About 30 mins long but well worth a listen too.  

(According to James)

Dear God.

I think James should be more worried about the increase in suicides, the daily mass shootings, the shit on the streets of their cities, the fall in life expectancy, the teenage fentanyl epidemic, the massive rise in inequality, the super-wealthy owning more than ever, the death of the American dream, the effects of capitalism collapsing, Wall Street's psychopathic greed, poverty being the 4th reason for deaths, Social Media, the impending breakdown of democracy, more people getting away with murder, the abortion regression, bull shit jobs, the failure of healthcare, Trump and so on.

But no, WOKE is the thing, the huge umbrella threat.

Jesus wept. What a complete waste of words.

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4412
13 hours ago, erat_forte said:

I remember reading (in a book made of paper, natch!) about this kind of thing a few years ago. Basically the idea was that people live in imaginary worlds, possibly enhanced by online stuff. If you live on social media and all you do is share pictures and opinions, you can end up with arguments that have no answer but are just opinion.

I see the AI thing as related to that - ChatGTP can generate as much right-on verbiage as you like but it is incapable of making true statements about the real world.

"Identity" is related to that. I identify as a gender-agnostic demi-human. What does that mean? You mustn't ask or question because that shows you are a bigot who literally wants to genocide me.

The point in the book was that the real world doesn't work like that. If you strip down an internal combustion engine, clean all the parts and re-assemble it, and then try to start it, either it will run or it will not run. The engine doesn't identify itself as running or not running. You don't identify yourself as having succeeded or failed in getting it working. It either works or it doesn't.

The moral of the story is that social media and online "culture" are deadly poisonous to mental and physical wellbeing. The internet is a useful research tool for finding out information about things in the real world, but it is a cancer on society once it starts replacing human interaction.

Eh? I would certainly expect an engineer to identify their success or failure, and to the point, as a successful engineer or a failed one depending on the outcome of their work!

HOLA4413
6 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Dear God.

I think James should be more worried about the increase in suicides, the daily mass shootings, the shit on the streets of their cities, the fall in life expectancy, the teenage fentanyl epidemic, the massive rise in inequality, the super-wealthy owning more than ever, the death of the American dream, the effects of capitalism collapsing, Wall Street's psychopathic greed, poverty being the 4th reason for deaths, Social Media, the impending breakdown of democracy, more people getting away with murder, the abortion regression, bull shit jobs, the failure of healthcare, Trump and so on.

But no, WOKE is the thing, the huge umbrella threat.

Jesus wept. What a complete waste of words.

I looked up who he was first and saved myself the time.

HOLA4414
9 hours ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

Eh? I would certainly expect an engineer to identify their success or failure, and to the point, as a successful engineer or a failed one depending on the outcome of their work!

Oh dear sorry, that was exactly what I meant, it is not an arbitrary "identification" based on feelings, trends, or social media likes. Its directly based on real world outcomes and achievements.

I think this is the problem with the word "identify". When I was young it was to do with inspecting a thing and correctly categorising it. "Can you identify that bird at the top of the tree over there?" "the new radar system is twice as good at identifying enemy aircraft" etc.

So from that point of view the engineer does not identify their success or failure. They just succeed (or fail as the case may be).

HOLA4415
On 23/05/2023 at 08:01, anonguest said:

Yep. It all started with Traffic Wardens. Look how far we've come since then and how many utterly useless jobs now exist.

It even extends to the rise in numbers seeking largely useless qualifications too.

A list of 28 useless degrees that won't get you a job (quickly) - Future Fit

So is "woke" simply a vehicle for the Victor Meldrews of this world to ride around in lol ?

HOLA4416
21 minutes ago, pig said:

So is "woke" simply a vehicle for the Victor Meldrews of this world to ride around in lol ?

as was 'Political Correctness' and 'Right on..' before that and 'Permissive Society' before that.

The right love a boogeyman...

HOLA4417

British Cycling to ban transgender women from competing in female category

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/65718748

That it took the review 9 months to come up with the logical answer is disappointing. That someone is actually logical in a position of power and it is front page news, welcome to 2023.

Good news day today :)

"Bridges reacted to the announcement with a statement on social media, calling the change a "violent act" by a "failed organisation" that was "controlling" the conversation on transgender inclusion."

:blink:

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4418

For a generation brought up with zero resilience, with parents focused on making them ‘happy’ instead of making them resourceful, self-sufficient, and open-minded, it is no surprise they react to every thwarting of their desires with the screech of “Genocide! -ism! -phobia!” 

Furthermore, these kidults have been coddled into believing their weaksauce brain burps must be accommodated by the rest of humanity OR ELSE.

They have no compunction using bullying, death and rape threats, and suicide baiting to get their own way.

Because emotionally they are stunted toddlers. 

HOLA4419

Woke is a silly made up word that was created to cause division by politicians.....not many people understand what 'they' use it to try and  say.....nasty good for nothing idealogy.

Lets talk about what really matters, how they have failed our country, and how to get back on track, it will require all of us working together, for all of us to succeed.

No name calling please, else will give as good as get......the truth always wins.;)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
On 27/05/2023 at 10:08, PeanutButter said:

For a generation brought up with zero resilience, with parents focused on making them ‘happy’ instead of making them resourceful, self-sufficient, and open-minded, it is no surprise they react to every thwarting of their desires with the screech of “Genocide! -ism! -phobia!” 

Furthermore, these kidults have been coddled into believing their weaksauce brain burps must be accommodated by the rest of humanity OR ELSE.

They have no compunction using bullying, death and rape threats, and suicide baiting to get their own way.

Because emotionally they are stunted toddlers. 

You seem to be assuming that HPC is mainly Millenials and Gen Z.

Or it might not be a generational thing.

HOLA4422
On 27/05/2023 at 09:18, winkie said:

Woke is a silly made up word that was created to cause division by politicians.....not many people understand what 'they' use it to try and  say.....nasty good for nothing idealogy.

Lets talk about what really matters, how they have failed our country, and how to get back on track, it will require all of us working together, for all of us to succeed.

No name calling please, else will give as good as get......the truth always wins.;)

It's actually quite old. Derived from being awake to racism and oppression. It was coined in the 1930s.

"Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination"."

Woke - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

The right wing, being the safe harbour for the overwhelming majority of racists, have turned it round 180%, stuck it through a 10000w amplifier, and fed it through the billionaire media to caged animals who have lapped it up. What a brilliant distraction from the grand theft of all the money and assets by the super-elites.

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
2 hours ago, jonb2 said:

The right wing, being the safe harbour for the overwhelming majority of racists, have turned it round 180%, stuck it through a 10000w amplifier, and fed it through the billionaire media to caged animals who have lapped it up. What a brilliant distraction from the grand theft of all the money and assets by the super-elites.

What about the woke racists? Or, as they are also known, the woke. I guess they're okay as the targets for their racism is justified.

The right wing media, a parody of the lefts' reaction when thinking of them is below, I think has been easily overtaken by the left wing information juggernauts that are Meta, Apple, Microsoft 🤮 and Alphabet. Oh, and the billionnaire owner of the Washington Post (an awful lefty rag), Jeff Bezos ;)

Right wing boogieman reaction below.

HOLA4425