House Price Crash Forum

Witness the end of "Wokeness"

HOLA441
11 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I dunno, you do not remember the fuss in the USA over inter-racial marriage.

Indeed. America will have a lot of contenders in there if it was put to the vote!

Edited by Huggy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Nigel Farage gets apology from banking boss in Coutts row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66258137

A good news day again. I feel quite positive about the direction our war against the Alphabet Mafia progresses now. Must be around January 1943 if you'd like a historical comparison.

And a film comparison. Every hour there is like 7 years here ✊

Edited by Huggy

HOLA443
24 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Nigel Farage gets apology from banking boss in Coutts row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66258137

A good news day again. I feel quite positive about the direction our war against the Alphabet Mafia progresses now. Must be around January 1943 if you'd like a historical comparison.

And a film comparison. Every hour there is like 7 years here ✊

Surely the amount of space/time devoted to this non story is more evidence that we are in a batshit crazy period. 

In summary: man of the people gets upset because he is too poor for the toffs bank and has to have a Nat West account like the other plebs. 

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA444
10 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Surely the amount of space/time devoted to this non story is more evidence that we are in a batshit crazy period. 

In summary: man of the people gets upset because he is too poor for the toffs bank and has to have a Nat West account like the other plebs. 

In fairness, that doesn't appear to be why they closed his account.

HOLA445
HOLA446
On 29/05/2023 at 19:38, longgone said:

🤣

10 posts in 6 and a half years and you wake from the slumber to comment on that 🤣

tenor.gif?itemid=16618036

Go woke bro.

I'd much prefer to have only 10 posts on here than to have 14k posts on here. That's a lot of life wasted, if you totted up the sum total time it's taken to do 14k posts. But each to their own. 

HOLA447

It is.

His account was closed when his mortgage was cleared and the bank no longer had his house as security. All the rest is BS.

Oh I see that's why the head of the whole outfit sent a personnel letter apologising and even the Government are now looking into the issue of Banks closing accounts. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

HOLA448
19 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Far from being a non-story, this is hugely important. It is the equivalent of a company refusing to do business with somebody because they are black. I know the KKK would say at least the right people are getting annoyed with that example (hey, they're a private venture and all that), but I just feel it is not the right thing to do in an alleged civilised society.

HOLA449
7 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Far from being a non-story, this is hugely important. It is the equivalent of a company refusing to do business with somebody because they are black. I know the KKK would say at least the right people are getting annoyed with that example (hey, they're a private venture and all that), but I just feel it is not the right thing to do in an alleged civilised society.

They declined his business because his value was too low. They gave him a grace period and he failed to up his value so they ditched him. Simples.

What then comes is the equivalent to some snarky comments doodled on this file after the commercial event.  It's nothing like the political Blacklisting sufferred by actual people that was denied for decades.

HOLA4410
30 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It is.

His account was closed when his mortgage was cleared and the bank no longer had his house as security. All the rest is BS.

Doesn't get the gammon temples throbbing does it ;)

HOLA4411
12 minutes ago, Insane said:

Oh I see that's why the head of the whole outfit sent a personnel letter apologising and even the Government are now looking into the issue of Banks closing accounts. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

They are apologising for the very undiplomatic description of him revealed by his personal data. The simple fact is that he hadn't meet the wealth criteria for years and when his mortgage was paid off it was time for him to go. 

Why do you care whether he has a posh Coots or pleby Nat West account.   

HOLA4412
22 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It is.

The clearing of the mortgage was the technical justification, but that was evidently not the motivation to get rid of him.

The internal document of their 'Wealth Committee' contains the lines - 

"The Committee did not think continuing to bank NF was compatible with Coutts given his publicly stated views that were at odds with our position as an inclusive organisation.  This was not a political decision but one centred around inclusivity and Purpose".

I have a great deal of contempt for Farage and Brexit and agree with you on most issues.  But it's important not to be disingenous, and to acknowledge the truth of the situation.  

Clearly had Coutts not behaved inappropriately, their CEO would not have issued an apology.

HOLA4413
20 minutes ago, Huggy said:

He fell below the wealth criteria for a rich persons bank and has to move to the NatWest, hardly the same as refusing to provide service because he was black.  

HOLA4414

They are apologising for the very undiplomatic description of him revealed by his personal data. The simple fact is that he hadn't meet the wealth criteria for years and when his mortgage was paid off it was time for him to go. 

Why do you care whether he has a posh Coots or pleby Nat West account.   

Nope you have totally missed what has happened , not to worry it has all been sorted. 

HOLA4415
8 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

The clearing of the mortgage was the technical justification, but that was evidently not the motivation to get rid of him.

The internal document of their 'Wealth Committee' contains the lines - 

"The Committee did not think continuing to bank NF was compatible with Coutts given his publicly stated views that were at odds with our position as an inclusive organisation.  This was not a political decision but one centred around inclusivity and Purpose".

I have a great deal of contempt for Farage and Brexit and agree with you on most issues.  But it's important not to be disingenous, and to acknowledge the truth of the situation.  

Clearly had Coutts not behaved inappropriately, their CEO would not have issued an apology.

All that has happened is his account has been downgraded, Coots and the Natwest are the same company. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Just now, Insane said:

The situation. 

Has Nige got his posh account back, I haven't seen that reported anywhere. 

NB were you aware that Coots and Nat West are the same company, so all that really happens is he will have a less posh bank card. 

Just now, Insane said:

Why are you so worked about it? 

I am amused that this non story is getting so much attention, what it reveals about those making most noise. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

That's sort of my point. 

Once you know Coots and the NatWest are the same company, most of the noise, i.e. the story goes away. 

Not really.  Nobody would care if they'd just downgraded him from Coutts to NatWest for commercial reasons.

It's the fact that their motivation for doing it was down to his "unpleasant" views.  Had he been a regular, "right thinking" sort of fella, they might well have kept him on.  

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Has Nige got his posh account back, I haven't seen that reported anywhere. 

Nope but he sure as hell has bought this situation into the arena with the Government sitting up and taking notice which is where it needs to be. 

He did mention tonight about the 10's of thousands of people who don't have the voice and the clout he has. So the Government taking notice and acting has helped them (you know the type of people) the small people. 

NB were you aware that Coots and Nat West are the same company, so all that really happens is he will have a less posh bank card. 

But he will have a bank card which he did not have a few days ago. So as I said it has been sorted. 

11 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I am amused that this non story is getting so much attention, what it reveals about those making most noise. 

Well it is not a non story is it. 

You are the one on here making the most noise about it.  

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

Not really.  Nobody would care if they'd just downgraded him from Coutts to NatWest for commercial reasons.

It's the fact that their motivation for doing it was down to his "unpleasant" views.  Had he been a regular, "right thinking" sort of fella, they might well have kept him on.  

What would be the commercial reason for letting him keep an account he no longer qualified for.

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

What would be the commercial reason for letting him keep an account he no longer qualified for.

Ballyk has already answered that for you he said.

7 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

HOLA4425