House Price Crash Forum

money in the bank

jimmy2x3

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Its wonderful, they lose money on their long term investment while I am well diversified into many different real and financial assets. They are on the hook for both long and short term maintenance while I just call whenever there is any work that needs doing. They have the responsibility of worrying while I can live care free in a wonderful house that would cost way more over my lifetime if I was foolish enough to try and buy it.

HOLA445
36 minutes ago, erat_forte said:

Its wonderful, they lose money on their long term investment while I am well diversified into many different real and financial assets. They are on the hook for both long and short term maintenance while I just call whenever there is any work that needs doing. They have the responsibility of worrying while I can live care free in a wonderful house that would cost way more over my lifetime if I was foolish enough to try and buy it.

This with the addition of freedom of movement...REAL freedom of movement. I've just been tapped up for 200k tax free in the UAE which at this time of year means just over 1 year over there if necessary to avoid UK tax...selling or renting out my house isn't an issue for me. I can leave the likes of the OP to face the post COVID music.

Who knows, maybe I could use this as an opportunity to avoid CGT on PM's and Crypto???

HOLA446
58 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

This with the addition of freedom of movement...REAL freedom of movement. I've just been tapped up for 200k tax free in the UAE which at this time of year means just over 1 year over there if necessary to avoid UK tax...selling or renting out my house isn't an issue for me. I can leave the likes of the OP to face the post COVID music.

Who knows, maybe I could use this as an opportunity to avoid CGT on PM's and Crypto???

Does it include free accommodation 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
9 hours ago, jimmy2x3 said:

how does it feel to be handing 7.5% of your money to pay other peoples mortgages each year while you rent their homes. 

How does it feel being too innumerate and illiterate for people to take you seriously?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

i guess people didint get the jist of my post. i was being ironic, i like yourselfs feel royally fcuked over by interest rates on savings lower than inflation creating the situation where we are paying for peoples debt, where we not only pay for their debt many then after paying off their debt have to rent that property from them. i cant understand why have the country aint rioting about this situation. 

As for a house, i believe its the biggest control mechanisim of the government, its used to turn the country into dilligent obidient slaves, so we savers actually pay there debt while they have to run around stressed to cover the rest. 

housing is also used as a means of extracting other wealth you might have after the banks and government take their bit the second tier controllers come to slice up the rest from council tax to water rates to telephones and all the rest considered neccesary bills. 

And finally if you have anything left the credit agencies come a calling as the third tier of wealth extraction wave new sofas and kitchens in your face. 

So this double edged sword makes a mug outta both sides of the equation. i can only conclude the real power lies in not falling for any of it at all, and perhaps as we sit here complaining about not owning a house we are infact in the best position of all. get a campervan or live in a travelodge or shift about it makes it far harder for them to steal your life. 

HOLA4413
9 minutes ago, jimmy2x3 said:

housing is also used as a means of extracting other wealth you might have after the banks and government take their bit the second tier controllers come to slice up the rest from council tax to water rates to telephones and all the rest considered neccesary bills. 

Lol.

It's called living and paying for your human needs. I pay £36 a month in water rates the most value for money necessity on the planet. A few years back due to a water main leak we were cut of for 24 hours , when that happens you realise how much you need and depend on water. My phone has nothing to do with my house and the council tax is for local services like rubbish collection and footpaths also very important. I don't see how you equate these items with a house extracting wealth from you. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

This happened to a housemate of mine when I was in a dodgy HMO 12 years ago. He was on avg salary and got an offer to go  to Abu Dhabi  for 100k+ (tax free), He would never be able to dream of that level here. Madness and of course he didn't turn it down.

He is still there and good luck to him

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4416

How does it feel leech off the hard work of younger nurses, doctors, carers, ambulance staff and firefighters priced out of buying a home who wlll probably achieve more of value for the world in a year than you will in an entire lifetime?  People who you might need help from one day - but who won't charge you for the privilege!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

How does it feel leech off the hard work of younger nurses, doctors, carers, ambulance staff and firefighters priced out of buying a home who wlll probably achieve more of value for the world in a year than you will in an entire lifetime?  People who you might need help from one day - but who won't charge you for the privilege!

Hard work doing tik tok videos during a pandemic.. 

We operate a deficit.. The government spending is categorically NOT *producing* ‘more value’ in monetary terms.. 

Edited by Money Frugality

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

most peoples jobs are valuable, especially the ones that pay the people that you mention. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The interest on my mortgage is only about 4% of our take home, so while I get pretty p*ssed about house prices I reassure myself that it’s only a small inconvenience. 

What you do with the rest of your salary and how you live and enjoy life is more important that HPI or HPC. 

HOLA4423