House Price Crash Forum

Dirty Tory Corruption

HOLA441
16 hours ago, bartelbe said:

What is depressing is it won't make any difference. The doesn't matter how corrupt and sleazy the Tories are, come election time, the British public will vote for them anyway.

Threaten their football clubs and there is outrage. Steal government money on an industrial scale and the British public couldn't care less.

As Mr H L Mencken said, "The common man's a fool".

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

No.10 probably wheeled out Truss today thinking that most of the surfs would confuse the name with Trust in the headlines.

You can Truss it mi know!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The smell from this gov't is going to require more than a few hundred Chinese ventilators at 3x the price (that now either lay broken down or just remain unfit for purpose):

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore
updated

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

That is the attitude that spawns dictators.

No it doesn't.  I'm all for sending Blair to jail. 

But people aren't much interested in gossip from the corridors of power, unless it's got sex. 

HOLA4411

Personally I think it is laughable that the incoming PM has to pay for flat rennovations to 10 or 11 Downing Street from their own pocket. Do they get to rip out all the cupboards and appliances and take them with them when they go ? :)

Other countries must be laughing at us, concentrating on this nonsense when there are more pressing things to hold the government to account over. That we seemingly can't even provide our PM with an official residence without going into some sort of massive muck raking exercise.

For flat rennovations, each PM should be given a budget from the State to rennovate it when they take over. They could choose to be frugal and not use it if they wish.

Personally I think this sort of muck raking does the opposition no favours at all. Let's here some policy and what they would do to make the current situation better, instead of this absolute nonsense.

HOLA4412
Just now, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Personally I think it is laughable that the incoming PM has to pay for flat rennovations to 10 or 11 Downing Street from their own pocket. Do they get to rip out all the cupboards and appliances and take them with them when they go ? :)

Other countries must be laughing at us, concentrating on this nonsense when there are more pressing things to hold the government to account over. That we seemingly can't even provide our PM with an official residence without going into some sort of massive muck raking exercise.

For flat rennovations, each PM should be given a budget from the State to rennovate it when they take over. They could choose to be frugal and not use it if they wish.

Personally I think this sort of muck raking does the opposition no favours at all. Let's here some policy and what they would do to make the current situation better, instead of this absolute nonsense.

Anything that shines a light on BJ's disgraceful behaviour is fine by me.

HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

There's a £30K allowance from the public purse. That's £30K per year. Over and above that is another matter. 

I very much doubt that any PM will be required to pay for rotten anobium punctatum riddled floor joists. This is more vanity related or 'spruced up' type refurbishment. 

Edited by miguel

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, miguel said:

There's a £30K allowance from the public purse. That's £30K per year. Over and above that is another matter. 

I very much doubt that any PM will be required to pay for rotten anobium punctatum riddled floor joists. This is more vanity related or 'spruced up' type refurbishment. 

Well if that sounds reasonable in principle, provided it is enough to do the job.

I have no idea of the magnitude of the job or how much it costs.

The country should pay for it to be refurbed to a reasonable standard for each imcumbent. But obviously there is a limit to how far that should go.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 4/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, bartelbe said:

What is depressing is it won't make any difference. The doesn't matter how corrupt and sleazy the Tories are, come election time, the British public will vote for them anyway.

Threaten their football clubs and there is outrage. Steal government money on an industrial scale and the British public couldn't care less.

Nobody knows what to do about it.

Protests are often seen as a waste of time, for the great unwashed.

There's no other viable alternative to vote for.

Even the mayoral elections sadiq is by far favourite, why is that?

It's cos we don't live in a democracy

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Just now, Bruce Banner said:

My wife and I have decided that we will vote Labour in the council elections even though we are more than happy with the job that the incumbent Conservative council have been doing. Shame, but anything we can do to highlight our disapproval of the BJ regime has to be done.

It is immoral to vote in local elections on the basis of national issues.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Well if that sounds reasonable in principle, provided it is enough to do the job.

I have no idea of the magnitude of the job or how much it costs.

The country should pay for it to be refurbed to a reasonable standard for each imcumbent. But obviously there is a limit to how far that should go.

You summed it up, know how far to go and used to getting what they want..... invincible.;)

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

Of course it isn't, it may be counter productive on local issues but the MSM will be monitoring the local results and using them as indicators for the next GE, so needs must.

Nobody ever takes local election results seriously as a predictor of how the next GE will go, especially since it is 3-4 years away.

The MSM always do the "this is what would happen if it were a general election" but its a load of tosh. I wouldn't want to waste my vote on such a pointless exercise.

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Nobody ever takes local election results seriously as a predictor of how the next GE will go, especially since it is 3-4 years away.

The MSM always do the "this is what would happen if it were a general election" but its a load of tosh. I wouldn't want to waste my vote on such a pointless exercise.

Nothing is more important to us than getting rid of the BJ regime, so we will try anything. Every little helps.