House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
2 hours ago, GregBowman said:

Not sure your point just saying where she lives ? Not everything has a philosophical bent ?

Thinking more about those we are being told that are in care homes who if aged 80plus and are infected with covid19 will not be going to hospital....?

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
43 minutes ago, winkie said:

Thinking more about those we are being told that are in care homes who if aged 80plus and are infected with covid19 will not be going to hospital....?

In truth will probably the same I think for many oaps even if not ‘official’ policy - there was a segment on it in LBC today 

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA443
On 09/04/2020 at 21:26, kzb said:

I suppose it's best to let those who want to, to build the herd immunity for the rest of us.  Freedom of choice.

Maybe, I think the PTB will be happy to keep the majority staying in more than normal until about May, then they will have to start opening the economy up a bit again, otherwise we are going to be having serious consequences for landlords and big business, and that would never ever do would it?

HOLA444
HOLA445
2 hours ago, winkie said:

Heres the quote that was doing the rounds:

‘herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad’,

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/23/dominic-cummings-denies-saying-bad-pensioners-will-die-coronavirus-12441467/?ito=cbshare

HOLA446
HOLA447

That explains what is happening during daily briefings. The UK is slowly becoming North Korea with a beloved leader and media broadcasting state propaganda.

"BBC bosses have warned interviewers not to put ministers under pressure over coronavirus crisis, says former Today presenter John Humphrys"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210271/BBC-bosses-warning-interviewers-not-ministers-pressure-coronavirus-crisis.html

HOLA448

HOLA449

U.S. government gave $3.7million grant to Wuhan lab at center of coronavirus leak

The Wuhan Institute of Virology undertook coronavirus experiments on mammals which were funded by a $3.7 million grant from the US government. 

US Congressman Matt Gaetz said: 'I'm disgusted to learn that for years the US government has been funding dangerous and cruel animal experiments at the Wuhan Institute, that have virtually no oversight from US authorities.' 

On Saturday, Anthony Bellotti, president of the US pressure group White Coat Waste, condemned his government for spending tax dollars in China.

The NIH is the primary agency of the United States government responsible for biomedical and public health research. Other U.S. partners include the University of Alabama, the University of North Texas, Harvard University, and the National Wildlife Federation. 

Shi Zhengli, a deputy director of the institute, having checked back through disposal records, none of the genome sequences matched their virus samples, told the press in February that the outbreak was not related to the lab.  

Daily Mail

The US has not only first hand information they were directly involved and funded the research.

HOLA4410
7 hours ago, slawek said:

That explains what is happening during daily briefings. The UK is slowly becoming North Korea with a beloved leader and media broadcasting state propaganda.

"BBC bosses have warned interviewers not to put ministers under pressure over coronavirus crisis, says former Today presenter John Humphrys"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210271/BBC-bosses-warning-interviewers-not-ministers-pressure-coronavirus-crisis.html

A government funded news organisation is never going to be any use for holding the government to account. This has been particularly obvious during the pandemic. It's basically an extension of Number 10's press office.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
20 minutes ago, rollover said:

The US has not only first hand information they were directly involved and funded the research.

Meat for conspiracy theorists everywhere.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, Dorkins said:

So now Boris is saying the NHS saved his life, but a few days ago he only had a minor illness. So many lies.

This tells me he had a slightly more severe case and that he denied someone an ICU place.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
13 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

This tells me he had a slightly more severe case and that he denied someone an ICU place.

Yes, seems likely the truth is somewhere inbetween, that his breathing was more concerning than minor symptoms so they wanted to be ready to ventilate ASAP if necessary.

Still they want the lie both ways, first that the Great Leader is strong and healthy, then that He is Risen and is now tied by an unbreakable thread to all of us through owing his life to Our NHS.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4416

In contrast to the PHE data up to 2020 week 12, the data up to week 14 is showing a statistically significant increase in total UK deaths.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/878916/Weekly_all_cause_mortality_surveillance_week_15_2020_report.pdf

Looks like the all-causes death rate has moved up to about 2000 deaths per day.

Of these, we are told by the BBC etc., 900+ are due to the corona virus.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not sure how this is measured, but this is an interesting stat from China: https://mb.ntd.com/the-closing-of-21-million-cell-phone-accounts-in-china-may-suggest-a-high-ccp-virus-death-toll_447579.html

Epoch Times? Alt right mouthpiece with links to Falung Gong, which has been at the forefront of the anti vaxxer movement for years. Most likely fake news.

HOLA4418
13 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Yes, seems likely the truth is somewhere inbetween, that his breathing was more concerning than minor symptoms so they wanted to be ready to ventilate ASAP if necessary.

Still they want the lie both ways, first that the Great Leader is strong and healthy, then that He is Risen and is now tied by an unbreakable thread to all of us through owing his life to Our NHS.

Boris thinks he is f@cking Jesus.

(Hopefully not offending any religious groups today)

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, thirdwave said:

Epoch Times? Alt right mouthpiece with links to Falung Gong, which has been at the forefront of the anti vaxxer movement for years. Most likely fake news.

Possibly, I was also wondering if people were ditching the tracking.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
35 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Whose the conspiracy theorist now ? Are you a medical professional ? Tells you ? of course he will get more attention to think otherwise is naive 

as @the_duke_of_hazzard said we didn’t and haven’t run out of ICU beds 

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
22 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Possibly, I was also wondering if people were ditching the tracking.

I wouldn't believe any of the figures cited in that article personally. I've seen some crazy conspiracy theories around CoVID put out by Epoch Times-all part of their concerted anti Chinese misinformation campaign (not that the Chinese are entirely blameless of course)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

So now Boris is saying the NHS saved his life, but a few days ago he only had a minor illness. So many lies.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him cosplaying as Christ Our Saviour at some point on Easter Sunday. Upping the ante from Churchill.