House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
12 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Lol - so now somehow something that is "unexplained" by default is in fact somehow related to the COVID vaccines?

The article you quoted https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-818000433358 very clearly states:

“There are no deaths in U.K. teenagers known to be caused by the COVID-19 vaccines,” said Dr. Michael Head, senior research fellow at the University of Southampton. “The risks of serious adverse events, such as myocarditis, are known to be very low after vaccination but far more common and more serious after a COVID-19 infection.”

If there is actual evidence that teenage deaths are caused by the vaccines, that would be very important news.  But the whole point about unexplained deaths is that they are NOT EXPLAINED.  To leap to any suggestion that vaccines might be responsible is just biased thinking.

Great that you find it amusing. Do you not think a 17% increase in teenage male deaths above the 5 year average coinciding with the introduction of new vaccines warrants some sort of investigation?

It might be some other unknown cause but it would be good to actually find out.

Edited by doomed

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
HOLA443
42 minutes ago, Will! said:

So you’re taking the role of the pigs in that analogy?

OK.

I'm not taking the role of anybody.

However, since you mention it, IF anything you appear to be getting the analogy the wrong way around.  Most would argue, interpreting Orwell correctly, that the Pigs represent the Pharma interests (and government of course)

https://www.thoughtco.com/animal-farm-themes-symbols-4587867

"Orwell doesn’t reserve his vitriol for the leaders, however. The animals representing the people....are depicted as complicit in this corruption through inaction, fear, and ignorance.

......the ability of the pigs to convince the other animals that their lives were better even as their lives become demonstrably worse is Orwell’s condemnation of the choice to submit to propaganda and magical thinking. "

Edited by anonguest

HOLA444
22 minutes ago, anonguest said:

However, since you mention it IF anything, you appear to be getting the analogy the wrong way around.  Most would argue, interpreting Orwell correctly, that the Pigs represent the Pharma interests (and government of course)

https://www.thoughtco.com/animal-farm-themes-symbols-4587867

"Orwell doesn’t reserve his vitriol for the leaders, however. The animals representing the people....are depicted as complicit in this corruption through inaction, fear, and ignorance.

......the ability of the pigs to convince the other animals that their lives were better even as their lives become demonstrably worse is Orwell’s condemnation of the choice to submit to propaganda and magical thinking. "

Anyway, back to the main point which you sneakily deflected, the anti-vax brigade have been caught trying to make it sound like several professional sounding organisations are against the vaccine.  Whereas the pro-vax brigade ARE multiple professional bodies which have come to very similar points of view that are for the vaccine. Yes the vaccine companies want to make money so they lobby for there vaccine over competitors, although much of the lobbying will be for other drugs in their portfolios. But the health institutes who are very pro vaccination have only got the agenda of improving public health. What is the agenda of the anti-vax movement I have no idea they keep that hidden away...

Anyway go and consult you playbooks or your online forums about how you counter these arguments

HOLA445
16 minutes ago, Drat said:

Anyway, back to the main point which you sneakily deflected, the anti-vax brigade have been caught trying to make it sound like several professional sounding organisations are against the vaccine.  Whereas the pro-vax brigade ARE multiple professional bodies which have come to very similar points of view that are for the vaccine. Yes the vaccine companies want to make money so they lobby for there vaccine over competitors, although much of the lobbying will be for other drugs in their portfolios. But the health institutes who are very pro vaccination have only got the agenda of improving public health. What is the agenda of the anti-vax movement I have no idea they keep that hidden away...

Anyway go and consult you playbooks or your online forums about how you counter these arguments

I wasn't deflecting anything - and I broadly agree with your comments here, other than to point out that....

Just because someone/something has only good intentions in mind doesn't make them immune from making errors/mistakes.

And that.....

"The nature of science is and always has been that what is regarded as a consensus one day becomes rejected the next, based on new learning and understanding. That's one reason it's so pernicious......to prohibit dissent from consensus."

HOLA446
19 minutes ago, Drat said:

But the health institutes who are very pro vaccination have only got the agenda of improving public health.

... and maximising the profits of the pharmaceutical industry it seems (you forgot that one). 

20 minutes ago, Drat said:

What is the agenda of the anti-vax movement I have no idea they keep that hidden away...

Allowing individuals to retain bodily autonomy and not be coerced or forced into injecting substances that could potentially cause harm. Amazing this has to even be explained. 

HOLA447
14 hours ago, scottbeard said:

“There are no deaths in U.K. teenagers known to be caused by the COVID-19 vaccines,” said Dr. Michael Head, senior research fellow at the University of Southampton. “The risks of serious adverse events, such as myocarditis, are known to be very low after vaccination but far more common and more serious after a COVID-19 infection.”

This seems to be the stock response whenever any side effect of the vaccine comes to light. 

The risks of serious adverse events, such as <INSERT SIDE EFFECT HERE>, are known to be very low after vaccination but far more common and more serious after a COVID-19 infection.

What I do find a bit odd about this is we didn't hear anything about myocarditis until the vaccine rollout began. 

HOLA448
2 hours ago, doomed said:

Great that you find it amusing. Do you not think a 17% increase in teenage male deaths above the 5 year average coinciding with the introduction of new vaccines warrants some sort of investigation?

It might be some other unknown cause but it would be good to actually find out.

Of course it warrants investigation because mortality statistics are , and should be , investigated every single year. 

Whats amusing is obviously not the deaths but the fact that whilst most peoples reaction  is exactly that - let’s investigate - anti-vaxxers ALWAYS leap to a default of  “it must be related to the vaccines unless there is proof to the contrary ” 

HOLA449
45 minutes ago, Dr Doom said:

This seems to be the stock response whenever any side effect of the vaccine comes to light. 

The risks of serious adverse events, such as <INSERT SIDE EFFECT HERE>, are known to be very low after vaccination but far more common and more serious after a COVID-19 infection.

What I do find a bit odd about this is we didn't hear anything about myocarditis until the vaccine rollout began. 

Perish the thought that the reason that’s always the answer is because it’s true…?

Pre COVID most people didn’t even pay any attention to mortality statistics at all, so it’s hardly surprising that they’ve heard more about these things recently.  

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

However, since you mention it, IF anything you appear to be getting the analogy the wrong way around.  Most would argue, interpreting Orwell correctly, that the Pigs represent the Pharma interests (and government of course)

You said what the pigs said.  Looks like you’ve muddled yourself again.

HOLA4411

New Zealand vaccinates 2.5% of its population in a single day!

👍

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-vaccinates-25-its-people-day-drive-live-with-covid-19-2021-10-16/

Oct 16 (Reuters) - New Zealand vaccinated at least 2.5% of its people on Saturday as the government tries to accelerate inoculations and live with COVID-19, preliminary health ministry data showed.

Through an array of strategies, gimmicks and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's encouragement through the day, 124,669 shots were administered by late in the day in a country of 4.9 million.

"We set a target for ourselves, Aotearoa, you've done it, but let's keep going," Ardern said, using a Maori name for New Zealand at a vaccination site, according to the Newshub news service. "Let's go for 150 [thousand]. Let's go big or go home."

Forty-one new cases were reported on Saturday, 40 of them in Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. It has been in lockdown since mid-August to stamp out the Delta outbreak. Officials plan to end the strict restrictions when full vaccination rates reach 90%.

As of Friday, 62% of New Zealand's eligible population had been fully vaccinated and 83% had received one shot.

HOLA4412
3 hours ago, Drat said:

The agenda of anti-vaxers and vaccine injured is not hidden and it's simple.

Don't inject yourself with untested substance, until thoroughly tested it's considered a poison.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yeah let's talk about ingesting poisons. :D 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345564/Shocking-list-US-foods-BANNED-countries-containing-dangerous-chemicals.html

Do you like citrus drinks, like Mt. Dew, Squirt or Fresca? Then you also like brominated vegetable oil, which is banned in more than 100 countries because it has been linked to basically every form of thyroid disease - from cancer to autoimmune diseases - known to man.

Did you know if you post 'anti-vax' 3 times, one appears and spouts facebook memes at you?  

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Of course it warrants investigation because mortality statistics are , and should be , investigated every single year. 

Whats amusing is obviously not the deaths but the fact that whilst most peoples reaction  is exactly that - let’s investigate - anti-vaxxers ALWAYS leap to a default of  “it must be related to the vaccines unless there is proof to the contrary ” 

Please show where I said it must be related to the vaccine. Someone stated there has not been a rise in deaths to their knowledge that might raise suspicions, I simply showed there had been a rise in deaths.

The polarisation in thought is beyond ridiculous and seems to be becoming ever more entrenched. So easy for people to think they know everything you believe from such simple statements.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Yeah let's talk about ingesting poisons. :D 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345564/Shocking-list-US-foods-BANNED-countries-containing-dangerous-chemicals.html

Do you like citrus drinks, like Mt. Dew, Squirt or Fresca? Then you also like brominated vegetable oil, which is banned in more than 100 countries because it has been linked to basically every form of thyroid disease - from cancer to autoimmune diseases - known to man.

Did you know if you post 'anti-vax' 3 times, one appears and spouts facebook memes at you?

The meme could say something like:

"Makes a point about ingredients of food subject to first pass metabolism in a post about vaccines for which proprietary ingredients are undisclosed that bypass first pass metabolism"

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

Uh huh. Especially when we were being assured that all the testing needed had been done and there would be no long term or serious side effects.

HOLA4418
4 hours ago, Will! said:

You said what the pigs said.  Looks like you’ve muddled yourself again.

No. Because, as said before, I wasn't associating myself with either.  Not did, so it seems, you get my point about adopting that famous quote - in response to your assertion/insinuation that the anti-vax and pro-vax vested interests are not equal.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
On 13/10/2021 at 07:18, The Spaniard said:

The related problem of sudden pilot death:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/T124zdBKy2VK/

From the VAERS database it seems that adverse reactions when in control of a plane or a road vehicle are taking their toll:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/i78dZuxCxdGX/

I don`t like the sound of SPD, I preferred it when they got pissed up on stopovers with the cabin totty.

HOLA4422
13 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

Myocarditis is most commonly caused by viral infections. You not being aware of that does seem rather odd given your interest in the subject. Maybe you need to broaden your research base. 

HOLA4423
Just now, Confusion of VIs said:

Myocarditis is most commonly caused by viral infections. You not being aware of that does seem rather odd given your interest in the subject. Maybe you need to broaden your research base. 

I didn't see anything in Dr Doom's post(s) that pointed to his being unaware of this fact.  So from what specifically did you infer that he is ignorant of this fact?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Something I've noticed where I work. We have more staff off sick with Covid and other colds and flu now since they have all had the "vaccine" than at any time previously during the pandemic. No one I'm aware of has been seriously ill with it so it is doing its job of stopping hospitalisations and deaths. But from what I've seen, to say it does very much at all to stop you getting it or passing it on would seem to be incorrect.