House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
37 minutes ago, moonriver said:

Agree, it is scary how this government's popularity in the polls appears unrelenting despite the draconian rules they keep on introducing.

I wonder if it is just the rich continuing to support them, or the rest of their supporters are just too blind to see the loss of freedom that is creeping in, in this country?

I guess most home owners will support them whatever, due to their recent policies all helping push up the price of their asset? :rolleyes:

Given Labour, the Lib Dem’s, Plaid, the SNP and DUP all support them there is literally zero opposition at all now in our parliament to any of this bar a few Tory rebels who perhaps might cut the  majorities on votes to a mere 550?!

You might as well just merge the parties!

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Ah, the old Brexit Stockholm Syndome's still around I see.

As for the rest, you got a better alternative? I'll choose a government that'll do one decent thing and a pile of crap over one that only offers the pile of crap.

Are you qualified to diagnose the Stockholm Syndrome. If not is this is your way of  admitting that Brexit is delivering project fear.

Maybe the Treasury should have accused the OBR of Stockholm Syndrome rather than accepting their project fear is now reality report.

Maybe your continued support of the Tories is an example of Stockholm Syndrome.

HOLA443
18 minutes ago, The Spaniard said:

Michael O'Bernicia, regarded as one of the good guys by many HPC contributors for his documentary The Great British Mortgage Swindle, is now focussing his attention on the private prosecution of Hancock, Whitty, Valance and Ferguson for alleged crimes against the British people.

Here he is interviewed by Mark Devlin and explains his switch from a case against all UK MPs to just four individuals. Contains some interesting information about the machinations of the UK judicial system.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/heWarQ6ZCByL/

Lunchtime o'Bernicia.

Early next week, the court will receive a 1,200 page bundle of evidence, which includes expert witness statements from two professors, three doctors, a dental surgeon, a probate solicitor, a mathematician, a retired nuclear submarine data analyst, an independent data analyst and a former CID fraud detective, who is acting as a trustee of the PUB in bringing this most serious of prosecutions to the criminal court.

A retired nuclear submarine data analyst!

🤣

HOLA444
HOLA445
47 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

It's all about Brexit. This stinking government will do anything to disguise the failure that is Brexit as a consequence of Covid.

I'm seeing rather more people scurrying around trying to paint the situation created by Covid as a downside of Brexit (whilst busily trying to attack the UK for having the gall to have a more successful vaccination programme than the EU).

HOLA446
1 hour ago, doomed said:

When will we all agree that coronavirus is something we have to live with. We have almost all the vulnerable vaccinated but this is still not enough? The constant mission creep seems to go unnoticed as more and more freedoms get snatched away with the promise of just do what we ask and you will get them back, only then to be told we are losing more freedoms and more demands to be met. Absolutely bonkers what is happening in the name of a virus that mainly kills people already on their deathbed. 

We are immortal without covid so everything else is irrelevant. 

Denmark looking to remove virtually all restrictions once over 50s have been vaccinated now BTW. 

HOLA447
13 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

At a Q&A given to staff at my wife's trust a couple of weeks ago a SAGE virologist said that the studies that show the AZ vaccine does not protect against the SA variant are badly flawed and he expected that both the AZ and Pfizer vaccines will be shown to offer good protection.   

That's interesting, but I doubt they offer that much protection... theres enough studies now that show they don't. Boris is clearly worried by introducing stricter border and controls and warning of another wave.

The vaccine companies are making a booster, so that pretty much says it all.

Edited by Speed1987

HOLA448
14 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Good. You might already realize this but in the future we will be blamed for the deaths of those who are vaccinated. It's "gene therapy" anyway. Winter 2021 is going to make 2020 look like a health spa weekend retreat.

I posted this earlier incase you missed it.

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1913/richet/lecture/

In a nutshell, the incubation period to become anaphylactized is 3 to 4 weeks, the state is permanent and this might be relevant to the 12 week delay between the 2 jabs in the UK and also explain why some are fine after the 1st jab then die after the 2nd.

I don't understand how anaphylaxis links to this vaccine in particular? 

There's no evidence of people dying after having the second jab, which is linked to anaphylaxis.

HOLA449
26 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I'm seeing rather more people scurrying around trying to paint the situation created by Covid as a downside of Brexit (whilst busily trying to attack the UK for having the gall to have a more successful vaccination programme than the EU).

Time will tell on that one, 50% of the French are refusing the vaccine. Will they be proved right to have done so? I really don't know and make no prediction, let history be the judge.

HOLA4410
25 minutes ago, Speed1987 said:

That's interesting, but I doubt they offer that much protection... theres enough studies now that show they don't. Boris is clearly worried by introducing stricter border and controls and warning of another wave.

The vaccine companies are making a booster, so that pretty much says it all.

Yes, I think what's unlikely is that AZ is significantly worse than the others when it comes to the SA strain, but all of them are a lot better than nothing. Apart from the delivery technology, the current vaccines are basically doing the same thing, so the main variable that would influence effectiveness is the level of immune response.

HOLA4411
33 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Brexit is Brexit, the costs were made clear in the OBRs most recent report. A report that the Treasury has now accepted matches its own analysis.

In comparison economically speaking Covid is a sideshow. Also you seem to forget that the vaccine contracts were all drawn up while we were in the EU and signed under its rules, so not in any way dependent on Brexit.  

HOLA4412

According to the leaflet accompanying the "Oxford" AZ vaccine, it is manufactured by:

Manufacturer

MedImmune UK Ltd
6 Renaissance Way
Liverpool, L24 9JW
United Kingdom

MedImmune Pharma B.V., Nijmegen
Lagelandseweg 78
Nijmegen, 6545CG
Netherlands

Question:  why MedImmune UK Ltd and not AZ ?  

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
54 minutes ago, kzb said:

According to the leaflet accompanying the "Oxford" AZ vaccine, it is manufactured by:

Manufacturer

MedImmune UK Ltd
6 Renaissance Way
Liverpool, L24 9JW
United Kingdom

MedImmune Pharma B.V., Nijmegen
Lagelandseweg 78
Nijmegen, 6545CG
Netherlands

Question:  why MedImmune UK Ltd and not AZ ?  

Because that's the manufacturing firm....

If you look at the box of a apple iPhone it says manufactured by Foxconn 

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Time will tell on that one, 50% of the French are refusing the vaccine. Will they be proved right to have done so? I really don't know and make no prediction, let history be the judge.

LBC radio had a caller last night phoning in from France. They thought Macron knows about the huge vaccine reluctance issue and may have used the AZ worries as a way out of dealing with it and explaining why so many people are reluctant.

Edited by nightowl
Removed a reference the dreaded B word

HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, nightowl said:

LBC radio had a caller last night phoning in from France. They thought Macron knows about the huge vaccine reluctance issue and may have used the AZ worries as a way out of dealing with it and explaining why so many people are reluctant.

It's easy to dismiss it as just a post Brexit revenge thing, but all countries have their internal dynamics that we dont see or hear so much here.

How does changing the advice week by week based on nothing, improve confidence? 

It doesn't work in over 65s. 

It causes blood clots. 

It doesn't cause blood clots. 

It only works in over 55s.

Its madness. 

HOLA4420
4 minutes ago, captainb said:

Because that's the manufacturing firm....

If you look at the box of a apple iPhone it says manufactured by Foxconn 

It doesn't seem widely known in media world that our AZ vaccines are actually coming from Speke in south Liverpool (and not Oxford or any actual AZ site).  I'm just putting it forward as an interesting factoid.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

Yes, I think what's unlikely is that AZ is significantly worse than the others when it comes to the SA strain, but all of them are a lot better than nothing. Apart from the delivery technology, the current vaccines are basically doing the same thing, so the main variable that would influence effectiveness is the level of immune response.

I agree.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Speed1987 said:

I don't understand how anaphylaxis links to this vaccine in particular? 

There's no evidence of people dying after having the second jab, which is linked to anaphylaxis.

There isn't any evidence of people dying from anaphylaxis after having either jab.

Charles Richet is a 19th eugenicist who compared blacks to apes. Hence a popular reference for the anti-vaxx crowd who are Southern white crackers, predominantly.

HOLA4423
2 minutes ago, captainb said:

How does changing the advice week by week based on nothing, improve confidence? 

It doesn't work in over 65s. 

It causes blood clots. 

It doesn't cause blood clots. 

It only works in over 55s.

Its madness. 

I was only regurgitating what a caller in France phoned in with, but I think what they meant was France will have a low vaccine uptake and AZ can get the blame rather than the true reason.

HOLA4424

This vaccine shanigans shows for me the failure of globalization. How come we are reliant upon a foreign country to make our vaccine? It seems negligent for the government to outsource this to another country. It's a dog eat dog world out there Europe aren't our friends the UK government should have recognised this.

HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, kzb said:

It doesn't seem widely known in media world that our AZ vaccines are actually coming from Speke in south Liverpool (and not Oxford or any actual AZ site).  I'm just putting it forward as an interesting factoid.

An Imperial romance to reinforce the vaccine nationalism.