• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
6 hours ago, nightowl said:

It's odd how a times the idea that natural immunity post infection simplying didn't count compared to synthetic immunity🙄.  Despite if not humans would have died out many millennia ago.

If you never had cv19 and had to pick is natural Vs synthetic is one dilema, but if you've already had it would you take the chance on a vaccine on top too (esp as it offer s no advantage).

What if you're one of the many who had it a year ago but never got PCR confirmation...what then?  🤔

Annoyingly, I think I'm in that group. Had a dreadful bout of something in December 2019, a few days after we got back from France on a crowded ferry. Couldn't breathe for coughing so much, splitting headache and temperature of 103F for three days, in all it lasted about ten days. Put it down to flu. Wife had it too and she's been having a flu jab for years.

So what happens now? Probably have some immunity, so unlikely to be able to contract it and get a positive test to qualify for a "Green pass", so may have to submit to vaccination at some point if France makes it mandatory to have a "Green pass" to enter the country, but all the while it's illegal to leave this country I won't even consider it.

HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Annoyingly, I think I'm in that group. Had a dreadful bout of something in December 2019, a few days after we got back from France on a crowded ferry. Couldn't breathe for coughing so much, splitting headache and temperature of 103F for three days. Put it down to flu. Wife had it too and she's been having a flu jab for years.

So what happens now? Probably have some immunity, so unlikely to be able to contract it and get a positive test to qualify for a "Green pass", so may have to submit to vaccination at some point if France makes it mandatory to have a "Green pass" to enter the country , but all the while it's illegal to leave this country I won't even consider it.

I thought the idea was you needed a negative test not a positive one. 

Anyhow the PCR test is sufficiently flaky there's a good chance you will test positive
even there's nothing wrong with you, sorry I mean "asymptomatic carrier".

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Dr Doom said:

I thought the idea was you needed a negative test not a positive one. 

Anyhow the PCR test is sufficiently flaky there's a good chance you will test positive
even there's nothing wrong with you, sorry I mean "asymptomatic carrier".

If they adopt the Israeli green pass system, to qualify for the pass you need to have been vaccinated, or have an old positive test result to prove that you have had and recovered from Covid, hence have antibodies, or have a recent negative test. So vaccination or proven recovered status means no recent negative test required. At least, that's how I understand it.

HOLA445
12 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

If they adopt the Israeli green pass system, to qualify for the pass you need to have been vaccinated, or have an old positive test result to prove that you have had and recovered from Covid, hence have antibodies, or have a recent negative test. So vaccination or proven recovered status means no recent negative test required. At least, that's how I understand it.

It'll likely end up as another white elephant, like the ID card scheme, track and trace etc. 

Waste loads of taxpayers money in the process until they eventually admit it's unworkable.

At least that's what I hope. 

HOLA446

Vaccine passports: EU to set out details of digital green pass for travel - vaccine & test | Travel News | Travel | Express.co.uk

As the UK is no longer part of the EU, the digital green pass will apply to them.

The exact dates of when the scheme will begin are yet to be revealed.

However, under the digital green pass holidaymakers who have not been vaccinated will still be able to travel.

According to the Mail Online, the document will provide information on whether or not a traveller has had their COVID-19 jab.

It could also set out details on whether a traveller has previously recovered from Covid, and has antibodies.

Passengers are also anticipated to be allowed to jet off if they can provide a negative COVID-19 test result.

In order for Britons to be given the go ahead to travel, infection rates would need to remain low in the UK.

Reports suggest EU countries will also be able to strike "travel corridor" style deals with certain nations, should the "digital green pass" scheme not be feasible.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Annoyingly, I think I'm in that group. Had a dreadful bout of something in December 2019, a few days after we got back from France on a crowded ferry. Couldn't breathe for coughing so much, splitting headache and temperature of 103F for three days, in all it lasted about ten days. Put it down to flu. Wife had it too and she's been having a flu jab for years.

So what happens now? Probably have some immunity, so unlikely to be able to contract it and get a positive test to qualify for a "Green pass", so may have to submit to vaccination at some point if France makes it mandatory to have a "Green pass" to enter the country, but all the while it's illegal to leave this country I won't even consider it.

I didn't so much get ill, but I was at a big US trade show in November 2019, and there plenty from Wuhan there and quite a few Brits I know got ill. A few weeks later in early Jan I was in Paris, and somehow found a hotel that seemed to mainly be used by the Chinese air crew.

HOLA4410
6 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

It's all a racket. 

How anybody can't see this is beyond me. 

Because we don't spend our days watching whackjob videos on Bitchute published by channels that all have "TRUTH" in the name. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I didn't so much get ill, but I was at a big US trade show in November 2019, and there plenty from Wuhan there and quite a few Brits I know got ill. A few weeks later in early Jan I was in Paris, and somehow found a hotel that seemed to mainly be used by the Chinese air crew.

The first known covid death here was a man from Kent (ironically) who dies in late January but it took months before his cause of death was recognised. He contracted it no doubt around new year time via community transmission. Oldest death in France was late December so clearly covid has circulating in noticed around Xmas here.

HOLA4414

Sky News...

"Research shows 26% of Brits say they would be put off going to countries that require proof of vaccination".

Sky presenter and pro vaccine certificate travel "expert" consider this to be a worrying statistic, I find it encouraging.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

Sky News...

"Research shows 26% of Brits say they would be put off going to countries that require proof of vaccination".

Sky presenter and travel "expert" consider this to be a worrying statistic, I find it encouraging.

So 74% don't care? 

Im "put off going to" waitrose if there's a que outside. I still grin and bear it to get the bread and apples given relative inconvenience. 

All depends of course how common it is. If whole of EU, usa and aus/NZ etc require it then someone what irrelevant. 

If only aus and nz require it people could just not go there. 

Looking like France would in theory allow a negative test. Although unless you have a second home your excluded from leaving with the rest of the plebs! 

HOLA4416
16 minutes ago, captainb said:

So 74% don't care? 

Im "put off going to" waitrose if there's a que outside. I still grin and bear it to get the bread and apples given relative inconvenience. 

All depends of course how common it is. If whole of EU, usa and aus/NZ etc require it then someone what irrelevant. 

If only aus and nz require it people could just not go there. 

Looking like France would in theory allow a negative test. Although unless you have a second home your excluded from leaving with the rest of the plebs! 

Yes, but I think that after months of wall to wall propaganda, the establishment will consider that a worryingly low percentage.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
22 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

A country insisting on proof of vaccination before you enter it isn't too bad IMO. Just as long as they don't try to insist on it for any ordinary activities in this one - that'll be completely unacceptable, and I worry it might well happen.

Agreed, as long as it's not your own country in which case other measures are required, which we have.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Yes, but I think that after months of wall to wall propaganda, the establishment will consider that a worryingly low percentage.

Or "facts" as they are known by the non-science denying community

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

Or "facts" as they are known by the non-science denying community

The word propaganda is a strong word but certainly there is a narrative (better word?) that the media are following and relaying on (maybe unwittingly).  

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, nightowl said:

The word propaganda is a strong word but certainly there is a narrative (better word?) that the media are following and relaying on (maybe unwittingly).  

I'd agree that there is a "narrative". 

HOLA4424
18 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Yes, probably, I stand corrected. Although watching BJ on PMQs just now reinforces my opinion that he's not to be trusted, lie upon half truth, delivered with babbling bluster.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4425