House Price Crash Forum

Theresa May: “There’s nothing inherently wrong with renting your own home...you’re not less of a person for doing so.”

HOLA441
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Translated = Many of my friends and fellow MP's have BTL property portfolio  want me to send out a message that renting off them is a great to live.

I am in the camp like so many people where we understand we need a rental market, but the UK has now become a rental market on steroids where too many people are forced to rent when they would sooner own.

There is no evidence behind my guess, but of all the people I know that rent I estimate that 75% and probably more would sooner be living in the home they own themselves, the vast majority of them hate living in rented and live for the day where circumstances might change, shut up T  May.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, Andy T said:

Renting your own home ?  Doesn't she mean renting someone else's home?

Perhaps she meant "there's nothing wrong with renting out your own home" :rolleyes:

Or renting out the country to a bunch of Bronze Age murderers in tea-towels.

49F9BFDF00000578-5472007-image-a-39_1520

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

At least with council housing you had some feel of it being a home which  could remain in the family for decades. I never forget renting a cottage in Saffron Walden once off this nasty ruthless woman who owned half the area, she sent a group of Polish guys around on a Sunday while we were have a summer BBQ and started gardening without giving us notice, it never even occurred to her that it was "my home" while I was paying the rent

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
8 minutes ago, tmesis said:

And here I was thinking I was inherently morally corrupt and less than scum.

No you are just being financially (and probably emotionally) abused by people who happened to have a bit of spare cash and no idea what to do with it.

Its worth emphasizing how much tax payer money is the cause of the issue with LHA continually increasing for no valid reason over the years.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

How nice. So renting doesn’t make you less of a person. Really. 

And here, with her good friends in coalition also Just don’t be gay as the DUP think it’s evil too. 

HOLA4425