Brexit - Are You Having Regrets? -- Multiple Merged

Habeas Domus

HOLA441
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Mixed bag. I am excited with the result because its fascinating....to give something away - I spoilt. Couldn't vote for either as entire campaign on both sides was horrid and we are still gonna be ruled by psychopaths.

However I do genuinely feel awful for a lot of my European mates because of the message that could be interpreted by them and the uncertainty this creates for them.

Not my British remain friends though. Not an ounce of sympathy because most have reacted abysmally - terrible snobbishness and have proven themselves to be just as dumb as my friends who voted to leave for purely stupid reasons.

All of them will get f**cked either way (if it had been remain or leave) in the long run because they have no idea about how the economy really works. It's either kleptocract stockholm syndrome or 'taking my jobs' whilst hoovering benefits idiocy.

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA443
HOLA444

My elation is somewhat tempered by the knowledge that so many people voted for all the wrong reasons - specifically the people with most to gain from a better democracy are the young, while those who would gain from kicking the can down the road for a bit are the old, and yet thats the complete opposite of how people voted.

I think immigration is completely irrelevant to the brexit vote and yet that was the centrepiece for many people.

So it feels like a stolen victory.

Still I would rather we have this result with idiots voting for all the wrong reasons, than have everyone understand all the issues but then have idiots vote to stay in because they don't care about democracy.

HOLA445

Don't regret it for a moment. In fact I feel increasingly resolute every time I see another loony calling for the majority vote in a democratic election to be overturned because they don't like the result, and think they are more intelligent so it's only their minority view that should be counted.

I'm starting to realise that my vote was as much as vote against these people as it was about the economy. The anti democrats are here, not just in the EU.

HOLA446

I voted Leave on balance, but I expected I would feel a little sadness if Leave won. I was surprised how pleased I actually was.

Yesterday I was mainly pleased how decently the authorities seemed to be accepting the results and taking appropriate action.

Gradually the bitterness of the losers (on reddit mainly, plus second hand reports from facebook) started to depress me a bit.

All the negativity on the BBC is now worrying me now. We could easily talk ourselves into a recession at this rate.

I hope someone with a positive vision siezes the agenda soon.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA447

My elation is somewhat tempered by the knowledge that so many people voted for all the wrong reasons - specifically the people with most to gain from a better democracy are the young, while those who would gain from kicking the can down the road for a bit are the old, and yet thats the complete opposite of how people voted.

I think immigration is completely irrelevant to the brexit vote and yet that was the centrepiece for many people.

So it feels like a stolen victory.

Still I would rather we have this result with idiots voting for all the wrong reasons, than have everyone understand all the issues but then have idiots vote to stay in because they don't care about democracy.

+100. I wish I could have put it as eloquently as you did.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Of course not. Most people knew exactly what they were voting for and are prepared for hardship (if required).

Do you genuinely believe that? That *most* people knew what they were voting for - and are *prepared* for hardship?

Not in my experience - either way. They are paddling furiously in a rip tide trying to drown them.

I love that people had the balls to do it, but lets be honest - most voted because they had swallowed some bullsh*t from one camp or the other.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

All the negativity on the BBC is now worrying me now. We could easily talk ourselves into a recession at this rate.

Yes, I agree. The complete and utter silence from our supposed 'leaders' is criminal.

Watching the news the political class has gone AWOL. Nicola Sturgeon is the only politician seizing the agenda and planning a way forward.

Watching the news it's like our government has effectively collapsed. No vision for the future from either side - nothing but a big vacuum.

HOLA4414

Of course not. Most people knew exactly what they were voting for and are prepared for hardship (if required).

Thats my overall impression plus it has been quite revealling how domb/stupid some people who I know have been revealed to be due to comments they have made verbally and on-line both before and especially after the event.

The other one has been how easily some peoples votes are bought/financially coerced.

The other one is the shameful number of people who want a re-vote just because they don't like the result, it reminds me of redundancy situations and the Kubler Ross change curve.

On hearing the news, there may be an initial period of shock, followed by feelings of denial, numbness and/or passivity. This is referred to as the denial stage. The next stage, resistance, is characterised by a focus on the individual’s internal world, feelings of anger, frustration and blame, and possibly withdrawal. A common response is ‘why me?’. These two stages focus on the past.

The third stage is still characterised by a focus on the individual’s internal world, but the temporal focus starts shifts to the future and the unknown, an exploration of possibilities and what one might do. It is not uncommon for the unknown and hence uncertainty to foster excitement and/or anxiety, both which can be a source of creativity when designing new possibilities and goals.

The final stage is commitment to the future demonstrated by having a vision of what you want and working towards it.

The sooner we get through the first two stages the better.

HOLA4415

Yes, I agree. The complete and utter silence from our supposed 'leaders' is criminal.

Watching the news the political class has gone AWOL. Nicola Sturgeon is the only politician seizing the agenda and planning a way forward.

Yep - she's a class act. Bonkers but a class act. I love that she even implied straight away London should leave too. Highly enjoyable.

This is what I want anyway. A complete devolution. A complete fracturing of he political system. Its the only way the kleptocrats will get the message that there's a major sickness in their actions that needs to be addressed.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I voted Leave on balance, but I expected I would feel a little sadness if Leave won. I was surprised how pleased I actually was.

Yesterday I was mainly pleased how decently the authorities seemed to be accepting the results and taking appropriate action.

Gradually the bitterness of the losers (on reddit mainly, plus second hand reports from facebook) started to depress me a bit.

I'm yet to find a youtube video or similar from a Remainer graciously accepting the result. A few forum posts yes, but nothing more. However there are vast swathes of material from Remainers calling for a revote, calling Leavers racist or uninformed etc. Truly disgusting.

I have no regrets voting Leave. None at all.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I voted leave. I'm no racist (grew up in brum with immigrant / 2nd generation chums and colleagues) but I am reconciled to the fact that all racists will have voted leave with me.

It's the outcome that matters, not how we got it.

Brexit will be painful, but progressive. Generally speaking the more money and power people have the harder they will be hit by the coming reset and depression.

I'm in the 10% (like a lot on here from posts about savings and pensions) so have more to lose than most, but a lot less to lose than the 1% and 0.1%.

Bring it on.

HOLA4423

I felt a bit wobbly at the result - an understandable reaction I think; sadness really that I had to vote leave because of the EU's intransigence on reform, concern for Gibralter and sorrow for hurting Greece but not a doubt that I'd made the right decision for us as a country.

Do you genuinely believe that? That *most* people knew what they were voting for - and are *prepared* for hardship?

Yes.

Watching the news it's like our government has effectively collapsed. No vision for the future from either side - nothing but a big vacuum.

Yes ^. This is unforgivable. Due to the glaring lack of leadership Cameron needs to go now.

HOLA4424

The coloured in map of the result was the most illuminating as it generally shows the disparity between the comfortable metroploitan elite / EU funded client areas and the rest of England/Wales.

I found the petition for London to remain in the EU hilarious, perhaps we could built a wall around the inside of the M25 and instigate border controls to keep its residents out of the rest of the country.

HOLA4425