Habeas Domus

HOLA441
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

The coloured in map of the result was the most illuminating as it generally shows the disparity between the comfortable metroploitan elite / EU funded client areas and the rest of England/Wales.

I found the petition for London to remain in the EU hilarious, perhaps we could built a wall around the inside of the M25 and instigate border controls to keep its residents out of the rest of the country.

What a visa to enter?....an enclave, like entering a completely different place.......not the people of London or the people of Europe who are open and free.... only the powers that see that others see others differently. ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Change my mind 2 days later? I don't think so. The only concern I have is that we now get a government making the right noises and starting the right preparations. What I don't want is a Westminster full of bitter Remainers (if the rest of the population is anything to go by) that has no vision for the future of Britain. They would do well to resign with immediate effect if they can't move on.

HOLA447

I voted out, and am both excited and slightly nervous for our future TBH.

But I must admit to having feelings of doubt yesterday esp. after Cameron went, I wasn't expecting it and it suddenly added another layer of uncertainty to proceedings I hadn't anticipated.

For some reason I hadn't really played through his resignation occuring so immediately - I don't know why I hadn't expected it, as it felt like the 'honourable' thing to do when he did it and although I'm not his biggest fan (at all) I thought Cameron actually spoke very well and came accross as genuinely patriotic and decent in his speech.

WHY couldn't he speak like that and make a reasoned and postitive case for Europe? if it's so good that he's so convinced the outcome is willing to 'compromise' some of our soverignty to acheive, why couldn't he make that argument in the debate? the campaigns on both sides were pathetic.

It's now that we need a LEADER with a shared positive vision to drive us forward we look around and realise virtually all the major politicians and possible contenders are widely disliked, not trusted, and frankly uninspiring. The few who have got a chance have all been mortally wounded by the battle or are despised by the people on the losing side (BJ), of whatever political party they support who don't look like they'll forgive and forget and move on.

This whole referendum was ill timed, probably attempted opportunism by Dave and Gidiot that has back fired spectactuarly on them. It should have predicted these potential outcomes and devised a system where the leader (+ 1 maybe?) of each party was kept OUT of the debate - above it - maybe allowed to simply express their own opinion a few times but NO campaigning, no lying or exaggerating, no pleading or threats, not even facts and figures, leave ALL that to the campaign teams, at least then they could have maybe avoided most of the fighting and allowed them to carry on at least until the next election or be potential unifying new leaders going forward. I guess they couldn't resist.

At the moment it feels like not only have we lost our European identity, we're also searching for our own, we have apparently destroyed large parts of our already broken political system without any plan of how to fix it, no clear mandate from the public nor any intention of reforming it whatsoever from Parliament anyway.

Just as we need strong leadership we've got no one at the wheel and no effective opposition whatsoever. It feels like we've got a hell of a lot to sort out that's for sure.

All of this stuff needs sorting anyway though - I get that, at least the public is engaged and interested (for now) hopefully neither party will drag out the uncertainty and infighting for too long and we can all move on. Europe is trying to look hard at the moment but we all know it's just an act and they need us as much as we need them (at least), and on balance I'm still positive, but it's interesting times for a while I think.

Edited by kev-all-in

HOLA448

Please give the remainers 5 days to get over their `grief`.

This is the biggest thing that`s happened for 60 years....a victory for democracy !

So no.

Please enjoy watching the germans not handle their 75 trillion Euro crises and immigration crises. We`re well out of it.

HOLA449

I voted out, and am both excited and slightly nervous for our future TBH.

But I must admit to having feelings of doubt yesterday esp. after Cameron went, I wasn't expecting it and it suddenly added another layer of uncertainty to proceedings I hadn't anticipated.

For some reason I hadn't really played through his resignation occuring so immediately - I don't know why I hadn't expected it, as it felt like the 'honourable' thing to do when he did it and although I'm not his biggest fan (at all) I thought Cameron actually spoke very well and came accross as genuinely patriotic and decent in his speech.

WHY couldn't he speak like that and make a reasoned and postitive case for Europe? if it's so good that he's so convinced the outcome is willing to 'compromise' some of our soverignty to acheive, why couldn't he make that argument in the debate? the campaigns on both sides were pathetic.

It's now that we need a LEADER with a shared positive vision to drive us forward we look around and realise virtually all the major politicians and possible contenders are widely disliked, not trusted, and frankly uninspiring. The few who have got a chance have all been mortally wounded by the battle or are despised by the people on the losing side (BJ), of whatever political party they support who don't look like they'll forgive and forget and move on.

This whole referendum was ill timed, probably attempted opportunism by Dave and Gidiot that has back fired spectactuarly on them. It should have predicted these potential outcomes and devised a system where the leader (+ 1 maybe?) of each party was kept OUT of the debate - above it - maybe allowed to simply express their own opinion a few times but NO campaigning, no lying or exaggerating, no pleading or threats, not even facts and figures, leave ALL that to the campaign teams, at least then they could have maybe avoided most of the fighting and allowed them to carry on at least until the next election or be potential unifying new leaders going forward. I guess they couldn't resist.

At the moment it feels like not only have we lost our European identity, we're also searching for our own, we have apparently destroyed parts our already broken political system without any plan of how to fix it, no clear mandate from the public nor any intention of reforming it at all from Parliament anyway.

Just as we need strong leadership we've got no one at the wheel and no effective opposition whatsoever. It feels like we've got a hell of a lot to sort out that's for sure.

All of this stuff needs sorting anyway though - I get that, at least the public is engaged and interested (for now) hopefully neither party will drag out the uncertainty and infighting for too long and we can all move on. Europe is trying to look hard at the moment but we all know it's just an act and they need us as much as we need them (at least), and on balance I'm still positive, but it's interesting times for a while I think.

Agree with all of your post except for Cameron's duplicitous speech. 'Honourable' would have been saying from the outset that he would resign if he lost. In the months leading up to the vote he lied repeatedly when asked this question. Weasel words from the worst PM?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Please give the remainers 5 days to get over their `grief`.

This is the biggest thing that`s happened for 60 years....a victory for democracy !

So no.

Please enjoy watching the germans not handle their 75 trillion Euro crises and immigration crises. We`re well out of it.

In 10 years you won't be able to find a person who voted remain. This is just the start and I'm glad WE started it.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

"Generally speaking the more money and power people have the harder they will be hit by the coming reset and depression.

This is why we had to have the result we got and why the Establishment were all so keen on project fear. This includes the BBC. I don't know why so many young people (including my adult children) didn't see this.

I am delighted with the result and was surprised as I really thought project fear would win the day

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Agree with all of your post except for Cameron's duplicitous speech. 'Honourable' would have been saying from the outset that he would resign if he lost. In the months leading up to the vote he lied repeatedly when asked this question. Weasel words from the worst PM?

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree he should have forseen this possible outcome and admitted his position would be untenable before the compaign even started. But I do accept his argument that then you make it a popularity / political question rather than a constitutional one - which is why I think the top few people (maybe even both cabinets?) should have been kept deliberately well out of the way and therefore left largely intact in order to impliment the outcome - rather than enjoying some sort of Game of Thrones style mass gorefest and then realising afterwards that all the 'good' people are lying around dying. It would have helped strip the personalities and presentation from the equation.

Cameron could go down in history as another spectactular failure to eclpise both Blair and Brown, especially if he directly leads to the break up of the UK as well as massive post BREXIT chaos. But I think it's still way too early to call his legacy, if Europe implodes (quite possible), and we manage to sort ourselves out (hmmm just about possible!), we COULD possibly be well placed between EU / USA / commonwealth and have a chance to be a succsessful independant country. Not that it's much thanks to him - but history might remember Cameron as the PM who saved us from the clutches of the EU? who knows.

It seemed the 'honourable' thing to resign immediately, to accept defeat with good grace and offer his resignation - rather than wait a few days to see what way the wind was blowing and try and squirm out of it which is the usual way.

HOLA4418

No regrets.

The childish anti exit Facebook tirade I've seen has made me sure I made the right choice. We need another poll to see if all of the people who voted for remain would vote the same given another go. I suspect that some will have been put off by the vitriol.

HOLA4419

No regrets. If remain had won them in a generation or two England would cease to exist.

I did have a brief wobble during the campaign phrase but then those German/EU threats started. That made me realise that:

1. They seriously misunderstand the character of this country if they think threats are going to work.

2. They can't think of positive reasons to remain in EU, so they've having to resort to making threats.

Will the economy be in for a rough period for the next 5 years or so? Yes it will but that would occur anyway (for different reasons) because the EU economic system is broken.

Outside the EU we can have genuine reform and genuine democracy.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I don't know why so many young people (including my adult children) didn't see this.

Well, these are in many cases the same young people who think that HtB was a splendid solution to the problem of unaffordable housing and that the only problem is that didn't go far enough. I don't want to dump on the young; they get enough of that already and I generally think their cultural attitude toward Europe is a healthy one. (Unlike most Leavers I'm anti-nationalist, just pro-democracy.) But as turkeys, they do have a notable tendency to vote for Christmas.

HOLA4422

No regrets. I'm proud of my leave vote still. It doesn't matter that the 'leave' vote was made up of generally the old and/or uneducated; I think we know what's best for this country.

The under 25's who voted 75% remain are too young to know what's good for them. Even though i'll be out of the game in 20 years (or 10 if my jubilatory drinking is anything to go by!) I'll die happy knowing that I saved the young people from themselves.

HOLA4423

Don't regret it for a moment. In fact I feel increasingly resolute every time I see another loony calling for the majority vote in a democratic election to be overturned because they don't like the result, and think they are more intelligent so it's only their minority view that should be counted.

I'm starting to realise that my vote was as much as vote against these people as it was about the economy. The anti democrats are here, not just in the EU.

No regrets and I couldn't agree with your more.

My so-called intelligent young up and coming colleagues are an embarrassment to their profession and themselves. If for a moment they thought what about they were now saying on Twitter I hope that they would be shocked, but they are so filled with self-belief they don't, which is also very worrying for the profession they practice.

Not my profession, but just listen to Simon Damon Albarn

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA4424

Voted leave and I`m happy with it..some buyers remorse but then I think it`s good to have some doubts. Especially the way the £ tanked...I`m off to Oz in a months time.

I just don`t think that two days is time to reflect, so I`m content. I will decide if being out is right in a few years time. Blimey talk about short termism if people are regretting what they did...

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

HOLA4425

My biggest worry is that anybody who voted for Brexit will be blamed for the global ponzi scheme bursting and the banksters will get off scot free, having found a convenient scapegoat.

Same for me.

I think voting leave (for the right reasons) could catalyse pretty big changes/collapses across Europe and possibly further. These changes are not necessarily going to be good, at least in the short term. The Leave contingent will be scapegoated for this.

The Leave contingent will also be scapegoated for any poor governance within this country for the next few years too..

As someone mentioned on another thread, to get something better and new, you need to break the old down.

Edited by waynezilla