House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Are you actually saying the referendum should have had addendum 1-13577 stating this equals x and y equals z and we will leave EU directive 2.3456 but we won't leave EU directive 3.6788 etc.

Just so I am clear. If we had these thousands of pages of detail on the form you would be perfectly accepting of the result now ? 

Just to make it clear. 

Well, if I was on the fence and not driven by craven racism, then I would have preferred the whole argument to be based on facts, e.g. EEA, EFTA membership, what we'd have to pay, which EU institutions we'd be leaving, or paying for access, what the reality was with regards services, 80% of our economy, would we still have to acquiesce to FOM of some sorts, would we actually have to negotiate leaving and therefore concede positions, what would we still remain part of, would we still be under the jurisdiction  of the ECJ, would we actually be independent or still party to the EU's rules on the 4 freedoms.  I could go on, but I am sure you get the gist.

The question I was asked, was do I want to stay in the EU.  For me, that was quite an easy question to answer; do you want to maintain the status quo.  Leave was basically, look, you're going to have to trust me on this, because we're going to now tell you a very big bunch of lies, because the reality is, no one knows, yet, what leaving entails, apart from ccc, of course, because he knew everything before anyone else.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
19 minutes ago, ccc said:

Exactly. We voted to leave. Let's leave. Again - it ain't rocket science. 

No no no. That kind of crap wouldn't be accepted anywhere in any legal or contractual context. What kind of shit are trying to spin?

HOLA448
1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I think you're wrong about México not paying for it. I would imagine they are seriously worried about Trump pulling outsourcing businesses back to the US. México is a huge car exporter and Trump has already scuppered Toyota and Ford's plans to move production. The Ford plant was already half built and they just abandoned it when he put pressure on. 

I'm fairly sure the President of Mexico said Mexico would pay nothing. Why would Trump ask Congress for funding if he was confident Mexico would cave?!!

Edited by Kosmin

HOLA449
16 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Do we have chaos :D 

Finally......we have chaos :lol:

This is really entertaining... resignation after resignation.........

.Brexit means Exit! (if you are a part of the brexit teamB) )

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Finally......we have chaos :lol:

This is really entertaining... resignation after resignation.........

.Brexit means Exit! (if you are a part of the brexit teamB) )

Boris for PM?

But never forget that, to use a word that Boris wouldn't, Boris is a bottom.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
23 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Well, if I was on the fence and not driven by craven racism, then I would have preferred the whole argument to be based on facts, e.g. EEA, EFTA membership, what we'd have to pay, which EU institutions we'd be leaving, or paying for access, what the reality was with regards services, 80% of our economy, would we still have to acquiesce to FOM of some sorts, would we actually have to negotiate leaving and therefore concede positions, what would we still remain part of, would we still be under the jurisdiction  of the ECJ, would we actually be independent or still party to the EU's rules on the 4 freedoms.  I could go on, but I am sure you get the gist.

The question I was asked, was do I want to stay in the EU.  For me, that was quite an easy question to answer; do you want to maintain the status quo.  Leave was basically, look, you're going to have to trust me on this, because we're going to now tell you a very big bunch of lies, because the reality is, no one knows, yet, what leaving entails, apart from ccc, of course, because he knew everything before anyone else.

So that's a no then to my question :lol:

Your logic is terrible. Do you know precisely exactly what being within the EU will entail over the next decade ? Do you know what things will remain the same and those that will change ?

Of course not. There is no such thing as voting for the "status quo". It doesn't exist. Never has - never will. 

Both sides of the vote were riddled with uncertainty. You are just pissed off you were on the losing side. 

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Locke said:

Oh the horror of people having control of their own wealth.

think the best case for the UK is to simply abolish tariffs on foreign trade (which ultimately are paid solely by us, the British consumer) and pick and choose which regulations should be enforced within our borders.

Britain has been living beyond its means for many years, based on government and corporate debt and exporting financial fraud.

The reality is, this will end at some point, voluntarily or no. I understand that taking a crack addict's coke away makes them very twitchy but it's that or die in the gutter.

What a walking contradiction you are.

In one post you want free import tariffs, in another you say consumerism is the problem we need to cure.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
34 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

So, riddle me this. If people knew what they voted for, how comes Gove of the Leave campaign claims May’s fudge is what people voted for, while Farage of the Leave EU campaign claims it’s a betrayal. They can’t both be right, simultaneously, surely.

Farage is correct. Gove is not. 

Or do you think that every single person who is part of every single political party or campaign thinks exactly the same all of the time ?

Well aside from the SNP of course. :D

13 minutes ago, WageWar said:

No no no. That kind of crap wouldn't be accepted anywhere in any legal or contractual context. What kind of shit are trying to spin?

It is a basic question with a basic answer. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
28 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

It's magic this, the facade is simply crumbling around May.

Scales fell from my eyes after Windrush.

But I’m not sure what else she could have done. That might have been the last chance for the Tory’s to deliver Brexit.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

I think May will survive for now...

For her to fall, it would require a brexiter to actually want to be in charge of brexit. How likely do we think that is? None of them want to be exposed.

On the other hand, if there are any that truly believe in the brexit unicorn then this is really their last chance to step up. We'll see.

HOLA4425