House Price Crash Forum

waspi women

HOLA441
22 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

Given your incel comments were aimed at me it’s irrelevant what your personal circumstances are. Have you also forgotten that you claimed women could only get promoted by sleeping their way up the company. You’re an evil small minded bigot. 

At no point have I claimed my circumstances are common. That’s clearly absurd.

It's hard to forget a claim I didn't make in the first place. It's also somewhat a contradiction to allude my non incel circumstances still make me an......erm..incel. 

The actual comment was your nonsense idea how 'easy' it is to break into boardrooms....the default factor is you need wealth and connections to even get through the door regardless of gender. 

Again you're just still plainly butthurt whenever anyone dares point out most women view stay at home husbands as an oddity. 

Not sure if you know this but you also tend to brag about your rich successful CEO wife like a certain fast show character. 

mmt-digital-news-1426173831.jpg&cropratio=2:1&width=1080&height=540

Edited by Casual-observer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Casual-observer said:

It's hard to forget a claim I didn't make in the first place. It's also somewhat a contradiction to allude my non incel circumstances still make me an......erm..incel. 

The actual comment was your nonsense idea how 'easy' it is to break into boardrooms....the default factor is you need wealth and connections to even get through the door regardless of gender. 

Again you're just still plainly butthurt whenever anyone dares point out most women view stay at home husbands as an oddity. 

Not sure if you know this but you also tend to brag about your rich successful CEO wife like a certain fast show character. 

mmt-digital-news-1426173831.jpg&cropratio=2:1&width=1080&height=540

As I said. An evil small minded bigot. 

HOLA443

What a negative thread even by HPC standards.

A friend of mine becomes eligible for the state pension this week.
However, I doubt whether that will make her give up her consultancy work,
playing in a band (who I saw recently), etc. 

A tip for any ladies who have got this far in the thread. There are loads of men 
with secure well paid jobs and/or large pensions who gave up looking for girlfriends when in their
thirties, coming to the conclusion they were less desirable than Shrek and that it wasn't worth the disappointment. I can think of five I know personally just off the top of my head.

They won't be looking for you but there is no harm keeping an eye out for them and ignoring the fact that they will get tongue tied and close to a panic attack if a woman speaks to them in a social manner. I'll admit that I came close to that thinking of myself as a "Dateline Reject" when I was in my thirties. I can still recall getting a big confidence boost when a lady I knew seven years older than me, accepted a lift to her flat in my car and invited me in for coffee when we got there. She was about 41 while I was 34. 

Anyway time for a great 1970s musical interlude. Double the ages and it still works 😍 

Edited by TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, msi said:

I wonder how many of the forum incels will want to cash in too...

Oooo.. Can blokes get compo for having the retirement age at 65 whilst women's was 60 for decades, now that they have 'lost out' all this time ?

Can we all get compo now the retirement age is 67-68 rather than 65 as it was ?

🙏 😆

HOLA446
2 minutes ago, Sackboii said:

Oooo.. Can blokes get compo for having the retirement age at 65 whilst women's was 60 for decades, now that they have 'lost out' all this time ?

🙏 😆

won't happen even for waspis. Needs new legislation and I doubt either party is going to legislate to spend 10 billion given the state of government finances.

HOLA447
HOLA448

How badly will this pay with the public if the government pay out on this? The most entitled generation, given even more money while kids sits in crumbling schools. 

Disgraceful 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
40 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

How badly will this pay with the public if the government pay out on this? The most entitled generation, given even more money while kids sits in crumbling schools. 

Disgraceful 

I just read the DWP has explicitly said after this ruling they will not pay any compensation.

Up to MP's to pass a law to do so now. As you say, given the state of the country and finances I can't see how spending 10 billion could be a good use of money. Should be investing in future generations.

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Sackboii said:

No - the compensation is for the change not being communicated, not the change itself

1 hour ago, Sackboii said:

Depends - how well was it been communicated?  Clearly quite well to you because you know exactly what's happening...

HOLA4412
On 2/20/2024 at 7:50 PM, Casual-observer said:

I think people need to rapidly change their mindset to such a degree that they need to view the state pension as nothing more but a nice bonus if they ever get it, especially for anyone born after 1980. 

That's the way this is going and they need to start preparing for that gap period between aged 55-70 whereby they can survive on a low income. Fundamentally a lot of people (women notably) have been led down a garden path that they can do it being single forever and it's going to catch them out. It'll be lambs to the slaughter as they are unable to keep up with the cost of living. 

Problem is it's all been very very reliant on a welfare state with an unsustainable deficit which they're struggling to prop up.

You're better off relying on a dual income household in the long run than for example keeping hold of one very expensive asset and being cash poor which is the cardinal sin a lot of divorced women have and are making and beginning to find out.  

most of the single people are men. 

HOLA4413

The examples of the 'waspi women' Radio 4 has been using are often chronically sick or have a health condition that is limiting their ability to work. It seems to be that as we age and our health goes we are less likely to be able to get and hold down the type of work available today. It's more about trying to survive when their body breaks down rather than a pension. There will be sick and disabled men in the same position.

My experience in groups for sick and disabled people is that woman in them are more likely to be abandoned or unable to find a partner who wants someone like them.

Some of the Waspi women say they were not informed of the change in their pensions dates until years after the legislation went through. Some claim that during the 1980s and 1990s they were unable to get access to the work pension schemes that men were. No idea if this is true. 

HOLA4414
23 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

No - the compensation is for the change not being communicated, not the change itself

Depends - how well was it been communicated?  Clearly quite well to you because you know exactly what's happening...

I know. My tongue was firmly pressed into my cheek.. 🙂

HOLA4415
29 minutes ago, Sackboii said:

I know. My tongue was firmly pressed into my cheek.. 🙂

:)

It's an important point though - the issue here is compensation for poor communication, which actually opens the door you feel in some non-pensions areas too...

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, MancTom said:

won't happen even for waspis. Needs new legislation and I doubt either party is going to legislate to spend 10 billion given the state of government finances.

I would break the sex equality laws.

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, scottbeard said:

These women were stupid for not knowing the change in retirement age, you shouldnt be compensated for having ones head in the sand. Instead they should tax stupidity that society had to carry them.

Edited by Pebbles
added a single comma to improve readability for the hard of reading

HOLA4418
3 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

These women were stupid for not knowing the change in retirement age you shouldnt be compensated for having ones head in the sand. Instead they should tax stupidity that society had to carry them.

Given the state of that nonsensical paragraph you should be taxed heavily. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
On 2/21/2024 at 8:43 PM, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

a lady I knew seven years older than me, accepted a lift to her flat in my car and invited me in for coffee when we got there. She was about 41 while I was 34. 

Was it just coffee?

HOLA4421

Just another thing a large section of society have not benefited from, nothing this government has done has improved life, improved well being, lowered stress or given people, children a d young people stability or better security......just taken what once worked well away.....no surprises there.

What have they done with all the money we have paid them over a lifetime of work?;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
3 hours ago, scottbeard said:

:)

It's an important point though - the issue here is compensation for poor communication, which actually opens the door you feel in some non-pensions areas too...

Yep. Mrs Rave applied for a part-time job once our child was settled enough in primary school and was refused an interview because the employer said her still-in-date visa was not valid as a right to work. Apparently the visa stamped in her passport was superceded by a biometric pass six months after she got it. No-one told us. With that visa having been obtained as an international couple living in the the EU, then Brexit happening, everyone in the Home Office agreed she needed a biometric pass but could not tell us the route to apply for that. Took 18 months to sort out - during which she couldn't work. Can we have some compensation too please?

Edited by rantnrave

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Pebbles said:

These women were stupid for not knowing the change in retirement age, you shouldnt be compensated for having ones head in the sand. Instead they should tax stupidity that society had to carry them.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to add a comma and a narky comment. Now can you read the 2nd sentence back to yourself (try not to move your lips whilst doing so). 

Edited by Nick Cash
Spelling mistake ironically.

HOLA4425
On 20/02/2024 at 10:30, Casual-observer said:

Men are more adaptable to living frugally, women generally aren't

I'm not sure I agree. It's hard to say really. It's hard to say as there's all sorts of factors involved. I'd say though that generally speaking, if you don't have much cash then having kids tends to make you more careful about spending money. Even if you're somewhat depedent on the state. 

As an aside, I grew up in a household where my father was earning plenty of money and was, well, a bit absent. Down the pub etc.

It was my mother that protected us from that, made sure we had a roof over our head. She's probably the most frugal person I know. It definitely rubbed off on me anyway.

There must be lots of women out there like her, who are very protective of their kids to the point where they become quite debt averse. Probably a lot less men like that.