House Price Crash Forum

Yet more sleaze - This government must go.

HOLA441
14 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

I don't like any of them. So I'll do what others do: look down the list on the day and decide who annoys me the least.  

Hands in the till party? Spray it up the wall party? Stab students in the back party? Bankrupt the country party(ies)?

Parties change......this Tory government is nothing like previous Tory governments.....even TBs Labour government was more like the old style Conservatives, than this right wing lot are......every government has to work with what they have been left by the previous government....every new government will do what they need today, yesterday will never return......every government will be different to the last government even with the same name.... only a name......it is the people, its the leadership that counts.;)

https://www.good-governance.org.uk/publications/insights/the-nolan-principles

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Personnel within parties change quite frequently. The policies often change too. I agree with a lot of what labour stand for but couldn’t vote for Scottish Labour because they fundamentally don’t believe in democracy. “What the Scottish people want is bla bla bla” when asked about independence. Er… 47% of the electorate want independence…. And more than 50% voted for nationalist parties at the election.

One things for sure, to continue to vote Tory after after the sheer depth of their corruption, sleaze, lies, and total disregard for the British people, you’d have to be as morally corrupt and selfish as they are.

The Tories have a peddled unprecedented levels of lies and deception. “Fastest growing economy in the G7”…..

A bunch of cretins. 

HOLA444
37 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

Personnel within parties change quite frequently. The policies often change too. I agree with a lot of what labour stand for but couldn’t vote for Scottish Labour because they fundamentally don’t believe in democracy. “What the Scottish people want is bla bla bla” when asked about independence. Er… 47% of the electorate want independence…. And more than 50% voted for nationalist parties at the election.

One things for sure, to continue to vote Tory after after the sheer depth of their corruption, sleaze, lies, and total disregard for the British people, you’d have to be as morally corrupt and selfish as they are.

The Tories have a peddled unprecedented levels of lies and deception. “Fastest growing economy in the G7”…..

A bunch of cretins. 

Nicely put.

HOLA445
4 hours ago, winkie said:

Parties change......this Tory government is nothing like previous Tory governments.....even TBs Labour government was more like the old style Conservatives, than this right wing lot are......every government has to work with what they have been left by the previous government....every new government will do what they need today, yesterday will never return......every government will be different to the last government even with the same name.... only a name......it is the people, its the leadership that counts.;)

https://www.good-governance.org.uk/publications/insights/the-nolan-principles

Right wing?????????

They let in a million immigrants a year, and pay 5 million people of working age to sit on their backside all day.

They've imposed the highest level of taxes in living memory on us.

Most govt workers on the payroll in history.

Locking people up for 2 years, for a cold, and handing out money to any fraudster with an internet connection.

So please can you tell me what they have done to be called "right wing"?

HOLA446
5 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

So, what? You’ll just vote Tory again?

Back when i were a lad i used to think my dad was wrong by not voting "Labour", being as he worked 6/7 days a week in the shipyards, and some of his family were coal miners.

He would tell me they're all the same and voting is a waste of time, seems he was right after all.

HOLA447
HOLA448
9 hours ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

I am pleased to predict they will be minced at the next GE, they are already fighting amongst themselves. Do I display ghastly venom?  I hope they get what they deserve, and it isn't avoiding a speeding fine. Lol.

Rishi forgot his seatbelt, what's her name speeding. What hideous crime next? Hunt takes a library book back late? I'm not defending this lot, just noting how trivial the msm is.

9 hours ago, SickOfWaiting said:

The practical modern day definition of right wing is govs can't be right wing. Right wing now is a label anyone who has a non-narrative viewpoint, so be definition tptb can't be right wing as they influence that narrative🤔 

HOLA449
32 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Rishi forgot his seatbelt, what's her name speeding. What hideous crime next? Hunt takes a library book back late? I'm not defending this lot, just noting how trivial the msm is.

🤔 

It's been whispered in government circles that Sunak leaves the lavatory seat up after taking a pee. Despicable.

HOLA4410
50 minutes ago, nightowl said:

The practical modern day definition of right wing is govs can't be right wing. Right wing now is a label anyone who has a non-narrative viewpoint, so be definition tptb can't be right wing as they influence that narrative🤔 

As with Partygate (BJ) and Watergate (Nixon) before it, it's not the crime or misdemeanour that gets them, it's the coverup. 

What starts as almost an irrelevance can become a resignation matter, and rightly so.

HOLA4411
22 minutes ago, wighty said:

It's been whispered in government circles that Sunak leaves the lavatory seat up after taking a pee. Despicable.

Lol, but if he did so and then denied it and sued the reporting newspaper for libel and lost the case, he could end up in prison for perverting the course of justice (Jeffery Archer).

HOLA4412
10 hours ago, SickOfWaiting said:

Right wing?????????

They let in a million immigrants a year, and pay 5 million people of working age to sit on their backside all day.

Locking people up for 2 years, for a cold, and handing out money to any fraudster with an internet connection.

That is your view, they speak unnecessary nasty language about 'boat people', sick and disabled as benefit scroungers at the same time breaking health services, care services and some state schools.....they do not tax wealth nearly enough as they tax WORK and spending.....they protect multi nationals that have the most and shout the loudest, rather than SMEs..Food and energy has risen by a higher percentage than most other similar countries even with the energy handouts that all got, that they handed back to the energy companies that made unprecedented gains.....they have become more authoritarian in regard to freedom of rights of the people....... inequality has never been greater now than in recent history.;)

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, nightowl said:

What hideous crime next? 

I don’t begrudge them their little crimes - I expect it from “No rules were broken.” Politicians.  What is funny is BEFORE being trounced they are necking back Cool Aid, bad mouthing each other, and putting on clean underwear for the inevitable Post Mortem.  By the way,  I expect the Lib-Dem’s to do stonkingly well, as people have forgotten Nicky.

HOLA4414
16 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Almost no-one thinks they vote for the same party no matter what. That is what other people do. When their party is a constant disappointment, they then have to justify it by declaring them all as bad.

There are other categories of "all-parties-are-the-same-ists" though -  eg those who want to groom you for extremists or populists or vote for stupid things like Brexit.

HOLA4415
56 minutes ago, winkie said:

That is your view, they speak unnecessary nasty language about 'boat people', sick and disabled as benefit scroungers at the same time breaking health services, care services and some state schools.....they do not tax wealth nearly enough as they tax WORK and spending.....they protect multi nationals that have the most and shout the loudest, rather than SMEs..Food and energy has risen by a higher percentage than most other similar countries even with the energy handouts that all got, that they handed back to the energy companies that made unprecedented gains.....they have become more authoritarian in regard to freedom of rights of the people....... inequality has never been greater now than in recent history.;)

And the turd on top of the shyte cake is the corruption of the Tories handouts to cronies, particularly of course during the pandemic (never miss an opportunity, and how else could the UK have spent more than any other country on unproductive schemes?)

HOLA4416
Just now, pig said:

There are other categories of "all-parties-are-the-same-ists" though -  eg those who want to groom you for extremists or populists or vote for stupid things like Brexit.

Yes, I am not sure it is that different. 

I think the right have a point when they claim they are not allowed to say things anymore, it is just they are being dishonest about what they are not allowed to say. If they said, "I look down on certain groups and want them clamped down on to make me feel better", it is a view that would be sneered at. 

HOLA4417
17 hours ago, 24gray24 said:

Good to know venom is all that's left. 

When you have a nest of vipers like the Tories, venom is the only thing they have to give. And they have poisoned the whole country with it.

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, SickOfWaiting said:

Back when i were a lad i used to think my dad was wrong by not voting "Labour", being as he worked 6/7 days a week in the shipyards, and some of his family were coal miners.

He would tell me they're all the same and voting is a waste of time, seems he was right after all.

He wasnt right. They are not all the same. The best anyone can expect out of any government is 5 points out of 10.     Three to five reasonable points is better than the zero points we have with the current tory party. In fact we are well into negative territory with not one single improvement in the UK in the last 13 years and lots of bad stuff from shyte in rivers/beaches to a defunded/(privatisation by the backdoor) NHS and stealing our right to protest and the blatant corruption with crony handouts for zero services rendered. I experienced the massive difference between the end of the previous 1990s Tory government and the incoming Labour government who improved lots of things in a relatively short space of time. It was categorically and measurably better than what the Tories have done since and what we had pre Labour. 

HOLA4419
12 hours ago, SickOfWaiting said:

Right wing?????????

Decayed right wing governments always become 'about the money' - they have extracted so much payola from us there is no more blood to give.

The Tories are populists on the road to fascism, not left wing. Their ever-screeching messages, dutifully amplified by the billionaire's media, are trying to appeal to a diminishing cult who need to believe their hateful rhetoric, so the blame for their own miserable lives provides comfort and never the need to look in the mirror.

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, steve99 said:

And the turd on top of the shyte cake is the corruption of the Tories handouts to cronies, particularly of course during the pandemic (never miss an opportunity, and how else could the UK have spent more than any other country on unproductive schemes?)

Yes, there is a point that some of the charges are trivial and blown up. Equally, the grift and corruption during Covid contracts seems to be brushed over.

HOLA4421
55 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Decayed right wing governments always become 'about the money' - they have extracted so much payola from us there is no more blood to give.

The Tories are populists on the road to fascism, not left wing. Their ever-screeching messages, dutifully amplified by the billionaire's media, are trying to appeal to a diminishing cult who need to believe their hateful rhetoric, so the blame for their own miserable lives provides comfort and never the need to look in the mirror.

All potential govts. are populists, as if you need to be popular to win.

They may make claims of being free market capitalists, and for low taxes and small govt, but the reality of what they do is the polar opposite.

They are not "right wing".

The sentence ive underlined does seem to be frequently spat out by you left wing types, just more braindead drivel as you think you're superior.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, steve99 said:

He wasnt right. They are not all the same. The best anyone can expect out of any government is 5 points out of 10.     Three to five reasonable points is better than the zero points we have with the current tory party. In fact we are well into negative territory with not one single improvement in the UK in the last 13 years and lots of bad stuff from shyte in rivers/beaches to a defunded/(privatisation by the backdoor) NHS and stealing our right to protest and the blatant corruption with crony handouts for zero services rendered. I experienced the massive difference between the end of the previous 1990s Tory government and the incoming Labour government who improved lots of things in a relatively short space of time. It was categorically and measurably better than what the Tories have done since and what we had pre Labour. 

Labour improved things by borrowing money that could never be paid back, and allowing the plebs to borrow money that could never be paid back without QE and ZIRP.

They took your age group out on a mass spending spree with the nations credit card, and left the next generation to pay for it. So of course you think they were tickityboo.

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, SickOfWaiting said:

The sentence ive underlined does seem to be frequently spat out by you left wing types, just more braindead drivel as you think you're superior.

erm you seen Talk TV and Gbeebies?

HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, SickOfWaiting said:

All potential govts. are populists, as if you need to be popular to win.

They may make claims of being free market capitalists, and for low taxes and small govt, but the reality of what they do is the polar opposite.

They are not "right wing".

FFS, that is not what populist means. 

It means broadly, a political ideology that says the true people are righteous and virtuous, but the elite are brain washing the youth and league with the intellectuals and other minority groups. Once "the people" are in charge, their views (which they must have to count as "the people") they will provide obvious and simple solutions to all problems. 

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, nightowl said:

For me a right wing govt. is for small state, low taxes, less regulation, low immigration, personal freedom, for people to look after themselves and has the common sense to be self reliant on food and energy, or at least try to be!

On here right wing means a govt who allows in 500,000 - 1 million low skilled immigrants per annum with most in need of some state subsidy to be able to afford to live here, pays for 20% of the adult population to sit on their backsides for significant reward, locks people up for 2 years whilst dropping helicopter money over them, and taxes the living daylights out of anyone who works full time to the point many want to join that 20% or adults sat on their backside ... and that stops oil and gas projects as they prefer exporting their CO2 to China and sticks windmills and rewilds farmland!