House Price Crash Forum

Who will replace Boris Johnson as Prime Minister?

HOLA441
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, jonb2 said:

Why? Like Trump you mean? Or Rishi Sunak?

BTW, I would hardly call Rory Stuart an old colonial. He's got a huge brain and a bigger heart. We need human qualities before anything else. We haven't had them for over half a century.

And no more fecking hidden vested interests.

Rory has a head sizes over 23" 3/8 so he does have a bigger brain than normal

(using google to find his hat size)

HOLA443
HOLA444
58 minutes ago, A.steve said:

You want them to be actively making it worse?

This is spot on.

We've had a clown car running the UK for a bit and pretty much everything they've touched has turned to dung.

The only "successes" they've got are the ones the very pro-government (until very recently) media have helped deliver.

Remember how sympathetic the nation was when they thought he was at death's door? Entirely manufactured. Revolting stuff.

HOLA445
HOLA446
30 minutes ago, Notting Hell said:

What is that in newspeak?

I am reading 'Burmese days' perhaps..

HOLA447
HOLA448
3 hours ago, FANG said:

Exactly and I don't think these bastards should be on holiday until September whilst the country is in such a mess.

I was thinking the same earlier.  They've done this, and the very next thing they'll do is go on holiday abroad for weeks.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
20 hours ago, Trampa501 said:

Will Grant Schapps throw his hats into the ring?

I actually think Zahawi does stand a chance - his call to reduce corporation tax was obviously an attempt to appeal to a certain kind of Conservative. But I feel the favourites are Savid, Wallace and Hunt. The Tories will want someone who isn't seen as either nasty or completely barmy.

He has :rolleyes:.

HOLA4411
10 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Well he's still PM. 

How disappointing. 

I'm told it's related to his housing situation.

As in his and Carrie's homes are both currently rented out.

The fat oaf is literally putting himself before the good of the country (which obviously isn't a surprise to anyone who isn't still in abject BoJo denial).

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
25 minutes ago, byron78 said:

The fat oaf is literally putting himself before the good of the country (which obviously isn't a surprise to anyone who isn't still in abject BoJo denial).

Apparently he's also due to have a big wedding party at Chequers. He would have to pay to hold it somewhere else if he resigned immediately.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, fellow said:

Would like to see that just to annoy the left wing snowflakes. The left hate her for wanting to turn off their BBC and channel 4 propaganda machines.

You'd probably call me a left wing snowflake (while the left would call me a red Tory), but I happen to agree with you. I'd be absolutely delighted if Dories was put in charge of the Conservative Party and the UK. For different reasons to you though 😀

HOLA4416
51 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Didn't he do the same when he was foreign secretary? Think they had to dynamite him out!

HOLA4417

Here is a list of my preferred next PMs in descending order:

• Jacob Rees-Mogg - This would be the best gift you Conservative voters could give me. Please make it happen.
  • Nadine Dories
  • Mark Francois
  • Priti Patel
  • Michael Gove
  • Liam Fox
  • John Redwood
  • Steve Baker
  • Owen Patterson (I know he got fired for corruption, but please bring him back)
  • Suella Braverman
  • Penny Mordaunt

It was quite difficult to order them after JRM. Any will do really, as long as they're a headcase brexiter.

HOLA4418
21 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Here is a list of my preferred next PMs in descending order:

• Jacob Rees-Mogg - This would be the best gift you Conservative voters could give me. Please make it happen.
  • Nadine Dories
  • Mark Francois
  • Priti Patel
  • Michael Gove
  • Liam Fox
  • John Redwood
  • Steve Baker
  • Owen Patterson (I know he got fired for corruption, but please bring him back)
  • Suella Braverman
  • Penny Mordaunt

It was quite difficult to order them after JRM. Any will do really, as long as they're a headcase brexiter.

What about Desmond Swayne, Christopher Chode, Andrea Jenkyns, Andrew Brigden, Michael Fabricant, Michael Ellis and Geoffrey Cox?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
13 hours ago, shlomo said:

Rory has a head sizes over 23" 3/8 so he does have a bigger brain than normal

(using google to find his hat size)

Well, he was clever / lucky enough not to attend any of Lebedev's so called bunga bunga parties when he was at the FO (unlike his boss at the time). 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/rory-stewart-revealed-he-was-invited-to-lebedevs-infamous-italian-party-where-there-would-be-girls-and-told-boris-johnson-is-coming-316360/

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I notice a lot of them are talking tax cut buts NONE are saying they want to cut government spending which is necessary or to balance the books. 

I'm afraid there is no salvation with any of the names bandied around.

They do not pass my test of being honest with the public.

Until they do we will get the same outcomes.

@Bruce Banner

It looks like we'll have to have a massive crisis and rampant inflation, public strife etc. for these politicians to get real and to act,

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4423
27 minutes ago, Timm said:

Well, he was clever / lucky enough not to attend any of Lebedev's so called bunga bunga parties when he was at the FO (unlike his boss at the time). 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/rory-stewart-revealed-he-was-invited-to-lebedevs-infamous-italian-party-where-there-would-be-girls-and-told-boris-johnson-is-coming-316360/

Boris finally admitted to this I see. And meeting an ex-KGB in secret.

Unbelievable he's not in prison already to be honest.

HOLA4424

David Frost would be my choice, but unlikely to happen, otherwise I quite like Young Turk's list, except JRM has not performed well in the cabinet.

I have always really liked Liam Fox, but he doesn't appear to be throwing his hat in the ring after a couple of failed attempts.

I joined the party 4 months ago because I could see BoJo's days were numbered and wanted to have a vote. If the MPs serve up left wing rejoiner SDP types like Tugendhat, the Tories will be destroyed at the next election as the base will desert them. 

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, byron78 said:

Boris finally admitted to this I see. And meeting an ex-KGB in secret.

Unbelievable he's not in prison already to be honest.

Yes, at almost the same time as the wave of resignations started (I'm not sure whether RSJ went before or after his admission.) Also, he claimed he had reported the meeting on his return, but it appears this was a lie.

As regards the "bunga bunga" insinuations, I get the impression it was more Benny Hill than Berlusconi. (Sat next to Katie Price at dinner, who was flashing her wares.)