House Price Crash Forum

Government sleaze stories

Staffsknot

HOLA441
13 hours ago, spyguy said:

Someone in the shadows plans to take out Carrie and her daft lady mates, just about as shes about to pop.

Story pitched as party in No 10.

Daft lefty journos jump on story, expecting it to be Boris.

Backfires as the lefty wife is smeared n discredtied.

Journos are dumb.

Again - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59603553

A journo.

Once you get a group of 3+ journos working outside of newspaper/TV then you've got a problem.

Mix in some daft civil servants and- Boom!

Being around stuff when it happens gives them a false belief that the stuff is happening because of them.

Boris I an ex journo, if that makes people happy. So is Gove.

Similar outcome with lawyers, who think making up more laws will change stuff. Sir Lord King Kier is/was a (senior) lawyer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
28 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Again - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59603553

A journo.

Once you get a group of 3+ journos working outside of newspaper/TV then you've got a problem.

Mix in some daft civil servants and- Boom!

Being around stuff when it happens gives them a false belief that the stuff is happening because of them.

Boris I an ex journo, if that makes people happy. So is Gove.

Similar outcome with lawyers, who think making up more laws will change stuff. Sir Lord King Kier is/was a (senior) lawyer.

You realise you are having to reply to yourself because you are the only one who believes this get Carrie and dumb lefties nonsense.

Its like you looked at the facts and then wandered around them to make your own.

I do agree though journos make terrible ministers because instead of just being able to float ideas without a plan they have to follow through, just not in the way our Gov repeatedly 'follows through'

Edit: just to add you didn't put in Doyle's bio what with him being a DM journo and protege of Dacre + having threatened to sue 'leftie' papers. Also he is the one who helped sideline Carrie's mate Stratton.

I mean makes your conspiracy against Carrie look a bit dull and badly thought out.

Edited by Staffsknot
Bio of Doyle

HOLA443
HOLA444
11 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Anyone watch former speaker John Bercow on ITV's Good Morning Britain? Absolutely tore into the buffoon Boris..."the worst prime minister" etc, and a damming assessment of his dubious, selfish character. Definitely worth watching on ITV+1 about 09:20.

Err Its Bercow.

HOLA445
48 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

You realise you are having to reply to yourself because you are the only one who believes this get Carrie and dumb lefties nonsense.

Its like you looked at the facts and then wandered around them to make your own.

I do agree though journos make terrible ministers because instead of just being able to float ideas without a plan they have to follow through, just not in the way our Gov repeatedly 'follows through'

Edit: just to add you didn't put in Doyle's bio what with him being a DM journo and protege of Dacre + having threatened to sue 'leftie' papers. Also he is the one who helped sideline Carrie's mate Stratton.

I mean makes your conspiracy against Carrie look a bit dull and badly thought out.

Doenst matter how he worked for.

Allegra worked for Guardian

Journos are *all* the same.

Bunch of idiots.

As more leaks out, its looking more n more like this was SPADs, press and civil servants - bar carriers partying while mam n dad are away.

Again, there does not to be even a junior Pol present, even to just OK the do.

HOLA446
14 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Doenst matter how he worked for.

Allegra worked for Guardian

Journos are *all* the same.

Bunch of idiots.

As more leaks out, its looking more n more like this was SPADs, press and civil servants - bar carriers partying while mam n dad are away.

Again, there does not to be even a junior Pol present, even to just OK the do.

Again you are aware there are more than one party in play and if this one broke rules they all did. That's why they defended rather than apologise.

I mean keep up with the day to day. Its like Patterson wasn't defended for Patterson it was the other investigations.

Just at least try and join the dots if you are going to try and scream down about plots and journos being taken in.

In simple terms - if this one is in the wrong and investigated the same will happen for others, you know the one Johnson spoke at, Williamson held, Sunak ran away from answering...

It also means either Johnson's team lied to him repeatedly / witheld info or he knew and lied. Either way calls in his judgement. I mean this is pretty basic stuff.

Very easily distracted by getting in the leftie nonsense jibes & Carrie daftness in you missed all the points of the story - like its timing is due to journos having heard about it last Jan but needing evidence to back it. One story allowed the other to go.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA447

Why would you sit on this sort of stuff for a year before releasing it ?

So that the mudslinging has maximum effect. Ditto all the other stuff that will come out at the same time to no doubt try and force the issue.

Personally I am less interested in all this petty nonsense and more interested in how the country is being run.

I can see a time in the future where outside the HOC politicians are going to have to lock themselves up somewhere to avoid them doing anything that can be used against them.

Less focus on petty carp like gold wallpaper and people getting together for a coffee. More focus on real issues.

HOLA448

Thank god for paternity holiday sigh's Boris as he asks the Dr to induce his wife to have the baby a day early so he can escape the house of commons for a while.

Hope he he paid for the re-decoration for the new babies room as last one was for a boy and now has a girl.

7 kids and growing it's great to see he is doing his part to keep the UK birth rate up for middle/upper class white folks who can afford it whilst the rest of us can just about manage on one or none due to job insecurity/ rents/large mortgages.

HOLA449
14 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

So that the mudslinging has maximum effect. Ditto all the other stuff that will come out at the same time to no doubt try and force the issue.

Personally I am less interested in all this petty nonsense and more interested in how the country is being run.

I can see a time in the future where outside the HOC politicians are going to have to lock themselves up somewhere to avoid them doing anything that can be used against them.

Less focus on petty carp like gold wallpaper and people getting together for a coffee. More focus on real issues.

More focus on real issues? There hasn't been any focus!

The political establishment and its tame media apologists have ignored the real issues that beset this country for twenty+ years: The grotesque deformations of capital, the uncontrolled mass immigration, the woeful uncompetitiveness of the economy, the murderous bubble of phantom equity in the housing market.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
10 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

More focus on real issues? There hasn't been any focus!

The political establishment and its tame media apologists have ignored the real issues that beset this country for twenty+ years: The grotesque deformations of capital, the uncontrolled mass immigration, the woeful uncompetitiveness of the economy, the murderous bubble of phantom equity in the housing market.

I think the focus on issues has been pretty average. They have done some good and some bad over corona. Brexit appears to be going OK given the complexity of it. Not much else really gone on.

Very little proactive done on things like the housing market/other stuff. Maybe that is because corona and dealing with mudslinging is taking up all their time. But to be honest I haven't felt any government in the past 20 years has wanted to shift too far off the status quo. People out of power have talked tough, but no one has actually done anything once they were in.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Most suitable moment.

Carrie n Bozzer off on baby leave.

Xmas about to start again.

New variant (although its weak as fk and a bit meh) threatening to kill xmas. Again.

Someone - or group -a are holding a grudge/creating mischief.

The tone of the reports seem to have scaled down as theyve found no Pol present esp. Bozzer.

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Because of the reasons I gave earlier in thread - Crerar explained tried to break it last Jan and not enough to go on to corroborate without revealing source + legals needed more to publish. They've been chiselling away.

ITN had the video but couldn't make a public interest case until Crerar's story broke.

Its all very simple and doesn't need @spyguy flight of fancy about waiting until Carrie pops a sprog / revenge / somehow Daily Mail are lefties - they've got a list of attendees apparently.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4414
42 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Because of the reasons I gave earlier in thread - Crerar explained tried to break it last Jan and not enough to go on to corroborate without revealing source + legals needed more to publish. They've been chiselling away.

ITN had the video but couldn't make a public interest case until Crerar's story broke.

Its all very simple and doesn't need @spyguy flight of fancy about waiting until Carrie pops a sprog / revenge / somehow Daily Mail are lefties - they've got a list of attendees apparently.

Well, it may sound a bit like whataboutism, but I would prefer that the good people of the media actually did something useful like hold the government to account on the shocking state of housing in this country (and there are many things within this area that could be focussed on like leasehold, cladding scandal, market propping) rather than spending a year trying to break a story on a few people getting together and having a glass of wine at Christmas.

I guess we all have different preferences though.

HOLA4415
5 hours ago, spyguy said:

Err Its Bercow.

Erm it's Boris.

They're not wrong are they?

Most corrupt PM since Cameron (probably far worse).

Ironically, it's Boris being in trouble with his own party that might do for him. Lying about the flat refurb - over and over - and then those WhatsApp messages from Boris (begging for more dodgy money) really don't look very clever. Again, not surprising. It's Boris...

Edited by byron78

HOLA4416
14 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Well, it may sound a bit like whataboutism, but I would prefer that the good people of the media actually did something useful like hold the government to account on the shocking state of housing in this country (and there are many things within this area that could be focussed on like leasehold, cladding scandal, market propping) rather than spending a year trying to break a story on a few people getting together and having a glass of wine at Christmas.

You're spot on.

Media and government are the most complicite we've ever had.

Spyguy is part way there, but he can't bring himself to acknowledge the massive elephant in the room.

The party story, whilst bad, is not as bad as half the front bench profiting from a pandemic with all the dodgy untendered contracts. It is not as bad as the UK economy stalling before this new variant (dare anyone mention the B word?) It is not as bad as the rumour Boris is already playing away again etc etc.

This is a stage managed story in the middle of a government's term. Oh look. The sleaze stories have gone...

Edited by byron78

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Ex-Tory minister Andrew Griffiths found to have raped wife

A former Conservative minister has been found to have raped and physically abused his wife.

A family court judge concluded Andrew Griffiths, 51, pressurised Kate Griffiths, MP for Burton-upon-Trent, into engaging in sexual activity.

In July 2018 he resigned after it was reported he sent "depraved" messages to two women constituents.

HOLA4421
5 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

HoC politicians will have to lock themselves away from the electorate.

Local (ex) fishermen get tanked up, local w*****, I mean MP lives very close to the harbour.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Its a pattern of behaviour and does smack of whataboutery tbh although not intended as an insult. But also given there is also the flat referb and access of donors ( housing firms being major ones) if you give them a pass on this they have a pass on everything - its about making rules they then flout ( remember Jenrick).

HOLA4423
2 hours ago, byron78 said:

You're spot on.

Media and government are the most complicite we've ever had.

Spyguy is part way there, but he can't bring himself to acknowledge the massive elephant in the room.

The party story, whilst bad, is not as bad as half the front bench profiting from a pandemic with all the dodgy untendered contracts. It is not as bad as the UK economy stalling before this new variant (dare anyone mention the B word?) It is not as bad as the rumour Boris is already playing away again etc etc.

This is a stage managed story in the middle of a government's term. Oh look. The sleaze stories have gone...

It really isn't - this one and the flat referb are not stage managed dead cats. They are highlighting just how little the Gov has played by the very ethics and rules they claim to uphold.

If you wanted a dead cat / stalking horse just chuck out covid passports.

The fact Crerar has consistently gone after the Gov - working with Good Law Proj on those very PPE scandals - and you are accusing her of being complicit media shows just how easily conspiracy crap now deflects folks attention from real things.

If it gets a massive negative reaction it goes from talking pt to turning pt and then the 1922 bin him

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4424

It’s a good time to be alive. The Tories are single-handedly destroying themselves every day with their corruption and lies. 

Go on any platform and all you see is anger and hate directed toward them. There’s no support. The Tories have even went viral on TikTok for their sleaze, inspiring a thousands of memes and vines. 

A generation of young people are seeing them for that they are. It’s brilliant.

HOLA4425
10 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Tbf we have people who think this is a plot to oust Carrie's mates on one side and others who think she's timed the birth to save Johnson so I mean we can't draw it out to cater for the ludicrous people to join reality.

I blame The Matrix being back in cinemas

Lol