Anger is mounting

HOLA441
  • Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, Bugger BTL said:

Same. Astounding. Hopefully the tinfoil hats and yarning on about Soros will be some comfort to them if we continue down this path and their right to protest is stolen. It's also of note how many of the people critical of the protesters and defending the police have been wrong about the legal position: I've had to correct two myself.

Well it's very difficult you see because on the one hand many people on HPC hate women and enjoy seeing them beaten down and suffering because they've dared to step out of line. And on the other hand these same people are anti-lockdown libertarians who posit the machinations of global cabals as facts, and daily hope for the decimation of our economic and governance systems in a borderline nihilist fashion.

So you know, it's a toughie 😆

HOLA443
Just now, PeanutButter said:

Well it's very difficult you see because on the one hand many people on HPC hate women and enjoy seeing them beaten down and suffering because they've dared to step out of line. And on the other hand these same people are anti-lockdown libertarians who posit the machinations of global cabals as facts, and daily hope for the decimation of our economic and governance systems in a borderline nihilist fashion.

Errrr..... what was that you were saying to me a couple of pages back about me making assertions about others based on no data?????

Edited by anonguest

HOLA444
1 minute ago, PeanutButter said:

Woah! That's a sweeping statement, can you substantiate it?

HOLA445

The elected government has authority over the population.  Which is fine, there's always the next election.

Angry students having little useful to say.

Will pay attention to this in 6 months if it still has legs.  Until then, on ignore.  I've stuff to do.

HOLA446
9 hours ago, desiringonlychild said:

@dances with sheeple  I am a woman. I have been catcalled and sexually harassed in the streets more times than I can remember. Was first groped at 15 but not the last time. I don't actually know any woman who hasn't been catcalled/sexually harassed in some way at least a couple of times

It may not be the majority of men, but unless the tiny percentage of men literally spend all their spare time harassing women, it must be a sizeable percentage.

I would be surprised if anyone harasses one women once and then never again.  It is entirely possible for less than 1% of men to harass women and almost all women to be harassed many times.

If we assume a scumbag harasses at least one woman per month (not unreasonable if he really enjoys it).  Over 25 years this is a lot of women.  He could certainly harass 300 women in his life.

HOLA447
13 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

No you're absolutely right to ask these questions. My gut feeling is that she was a young, attractive woman who ticked all the boxes for taking precautions (I didn't realise women are taught to wear bright colours at night) and in the same way as Maddie McCann, her story can sell papers. Because when you drill down to it we're a predominantly white country and it enrages us that 'one of our own' can get done this way. 

There are acid attacks and child marriages and and trafficked non-white women treated like dirt every day here. It doesn't push our buttons the same way. Is that racism? I expect so. If she was a young, attractive white woman from Scunthorpe I think the headlines would be the same but maybe not the vigils. We're a weird country.

Have you asked the women in your life what they think? 

To be honest if you cycle wearing bright colours is good male or female.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
44 minutes ago, crescent said:

Sorry but these people are just students who have nothing better to do.

They are manipulated by FB and twiter and jump on any bandwagon they are told they need to be interested in.

In a few months they will be protesting about some other thing.

Amazing how people who care so much about lives think social distancing does not apply to them and put the doctors and nurses lives at risk, but of course they are too stupid to see the hypocrisy they embody.

A male of 25 or under is far more likely to be murdered than anyone else but no one has told them they should protest about that so they have not bothered.  

I can guarantee that in London this week a black kid will stab or shoot a black kid but they will not protest about that I am sure.  

Great Monday morning post. 

There is that feeling that social media has created a speed date style approach to protest.....BLM, what really changed both sides of the Atlantic. The inequality, grinding Social deterioration that was the precursor has still not been addressed. This will be another case. The knee jerk protests addressing the action but not the issues driving such situations.

Has much to do with the Twitter facejerk mentality. We consume even our points of protest nowadays, then move onto the next topic not the day. Hence they don't get outraged at a nurse up north being macheted to death, or an northern ex army lass from Donny being butchered but metropolitans get triggered by this.

The point about the risk to others is central. Would have every sympathy with them all post June and we are back to normal but Europe is still in a pandemic. The same mindset that also see's no-one question why she was walking such a distance alone at night and off round a mates house. Neither of these in anyway should mean horrific loss of life as a consequence but it does illuminate the odd times and approaches people thereafter take, where domestic abuse up north does not have the merit to protest and vigil as someone rolling the dice down in London.

To me this sparks of a load of bandwagon jumpers at the event and I do, oddly for me, have every sympathy with the cops.

HOLA4412
7 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Men account for 75 per cent of all suicides in the UK and represent two thirds of all murder victims.

Earlier last week a 19 year old young man was stabbed to death by a 15 year old in Tottenham. A few days later a 12 year old was arrested for stabbing someone in Ilford. And those scenarios are weekly occurences in London - sometimes more frequently.

One has to ask why were their no protests or vigils or marches on Parliament for that 19 year old kid - or much attention from the national media or politicians? Or indeed much outrage that 12 year old kids are going round stabbing people.

We do have a lot of problems - but the streets of London are also very dangerous for many young men. And they are also statistically far more likely to die on the capital's streets! 

If you are poor, working class and from a less fashionable part of town - why doesn't your life seem to matter as much? 

All good points, but you failed to mention that 90% of murders are committed by men. I think it is legitimate to raise the issue of male violence towards all members of society. If your part of group that is victim far more than attacker, then it's inevitable that you'll concentrate on the impact on your group.

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Woah! That's a sweeping statement, can you substantiate it?

No one on HPC is openly writing how much they hate women, obviously. But it makes sense on a forum populated with people who are feeling upset about being locked out of the housing market that they'll be looking for others to blame and hate. Often we see the blame and hate directed towards immigrants, often towards the government and banks. But it's also really common to see women blamed, and derogatory comments about how they're all just after men's money. MGTOW is also mentioned, which is a part of the anti-feminism spectrum. 

I think there are quite a few bitter divorcees on here too. :D 

This is simply my own observation, having been on HPC for years. 

HOLA4414
6 minutes ago, AThirdWay said:

All good points, but you failed to mention that 90% of murders are committed by men. I think it is legitimate to raise the issue of male violence towards all members of society. If your part of group that is victim far more than attacker, then it's inevitable that you'll concentrate on the impact on your group.

Agreed. It's not as if caring about women being assaulted by men rules out the possibility of also caring that men assault other men. 

This zero sum mentality is basic and shows how easily directed some people's minds are. And it's fascinating that the 'but men' argument only pops out when women speak up, in the same way that the 'but whites' happens when black people point out injustices. 

IMO any 'but x' is usually wielded by someone satisfied with the status quo, and disconcerted by the thought that others are seeking to change it. Rather like how every time tenant rights are advanced in the UK you get a press release shouting 'BUT LANDLORDS!!'

HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

In every instance where I have witnessed something that has been reported in the press, the report could have been of another event. 

It all has to pass through the filter of sensationalism. Ignore the tedious (a rather inappropriate word considering the situation we are discussing, but appropriate to cover all situations reported by the media), accentuate the targeted trigger aspects (white middle-class victim, Met officer suspect), modulate the narrative to ensure the 'correct groups' get interested, bingo.

It's all so niche though, isn't it? The same people get triggered every time, but lets face it, 99% of the population don't really care. It's the 1% that are targeted by the above. The 1% that drive it forward to see if there is any momentum there.

I saw a card placed with flowers on the news last night. It read something along the lines of "I wish it was me instead of you". They had taken the time to laminate the card....

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

No one on HPC is openly writing how much they hate women, obviously. But it makes sense on a forum populated with people who are feeling upset about being locked out of the housing market that they'll be looking for others to blame and hate. Often we see the blame and hate directed towards immigrants, often towards the government and banks. But it's also really common to see women blamed, and derogatory comments about how they're all just after men's money. MGTOW is also mentioned, which is a part of the anti-feminism spectrum. 

I have certainly not noticed any underlying misogyny on HPC, you'll always get the odd post but I absolutely dispute your " many people on HPC hate women" statement.

Up until fairly recently HPC was moderated by a woman, who would absolutely not have stood for that nonsense.

HOLA4417
Just now, Bruce Banner said:

I have certainly not noticed any underlying misogyny on HPC, you'll always get the odd post but I absolutely dispute your " many people on HPC hate women" statement.

Up until fairly recently HPC was moderated by a woman, who would absolutely not have stood for that nonsense.

Oh I've always been of the belief that women can be equally misogynist, in the same way non-whites can be racist. Perhaps I'm wrong, but yes HPC has always leaned towards an anti-immigrant, anti-women sentiment in my mind. As I said, they're common scapegoats. 

HOLA4418
14 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

me thinks you're a bit of a pussy and easily triggered.

HOLA4419
10 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

one here..

I got divorced mid 40's Afterward I was in a relationship with a great looking 30 year old for a bit. Sounds great eh. Not really, endless stares and nudge nudges and also it was clear she wanted a family. Added to that it sent my ex potty.

I finished it fairly rapidly, I didn't want to be working til i was 70 paying for kids, but mainly the threat of the same happening again for a second divorce in the future.

My second wife is same age as me and financially secure herself, i am very happy. I do hear occasioanlly about the ex, approaching 40 still childless. Ironically see the same happening with step daughter. Any financially secure men steer clear of commitment -and she is an absolute stunner.

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

one here..

I got divorced mid 40's Afterward I was in a relationship with a great looking 30 year old for a bit. Sounds great eh. Not really, endless stares and nudge nudges and also it was clear she wanted a family. Added to that it sent my ex potty.

I finished it fairly rapidly, I didn't want to be working til i was 70 paying for kids, but mainly the threat of the same happening again for a second divorce in the future.

My second wife is same age as me and financially secure herself, i am very happy. I do hear occasioanlly about the ex, approaching 40 still childless. Ironically see the same happening with step daughter. Any financially secure men steer clear of commitment -and she is an absolute stunner.

Men need to have a reversible vasectomy from puberty.  See how many women stick around knowing they are getting blanks.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 minute ago, winkie said:

Unfortunately when life has not been kind and not going the way one hoped, some people feel everyone should suffer it like them.......not happy, nobody should be is being angry and resentful......who is to blame?;)

This is true. We all probably need therapy. Someone to talk to who doesn't have an agenda.

HOLA4423
9 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

one here..

I would have thought that for many people, having a partner who makes their ex potty would be wonderful.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
10 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

one here..

There are plenty of blokes around here in their 50s/60s with the second/third wife pushing a stroller (sometimes twins, thanks to IVF). The pressure must be huge - to provide and to keep being everything to everyone. I've no idea how they handle it. Jon Snow is 73 and just announced a new baby. Wild man. 

Best thing everyone can do is prioritise their own financial future security. Stay educated and up to date and don't assume someone of either sex is going to come along and save your bacon. Ants, not grasshoppers. I do pity young people today, the pressure and competition seems incredible.