House Price Crash Forum

Anger is mounting

HOLA441
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

That does actually make sense.

If you thought you'd be killed by the state, you might as well kill the witnesses.

It makes sense when you had village posse, city watch, and garrisons mass execute criminal gangs and pirates, etc, with aplomb in pre/early industrial societies (heads on spikes, pulled out guts).

Edited by Big Orange

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Julie Clot said:

House prices are only going to increase.

The best thing you can do is buy as soon as possible.  Buy anything in a decent area. 

In this technology driven age, I think house prices are under much more control than they were in 2008 and prior years.

The government have their finger on the control and can decide house prices, not the economy.

Interest rates won't matter. Unemployment. Inflation. Supply and demand.  All these classical economic theory is no longer relevant due to technology.

If you own, lucky you. If not, buy this year or you'll be priced out forever. The next decade will only see rising house prices and stagnating wages and more taxation, pricing millions out of owning. 

That is the reality of the situation.

Not yet it isn't.

I'm suspicious of predictions which are widely followed, appear very likely to come true and depend on a current situation continuing.

If government lose control of the economy - who knows? They don't come over as especially competent.

Then again, any resulting collapse might mean more property inflation, not less.

I don't worry any more. Late 90s I had an outside chance of buying and decided against, due elderly parents needing some assistance, very tight financials and not wanting to owe money.

That's when the ship sailed without me. Since then I've had a better life than when I was an owner.

I wish you every success if you're currently trying to get on board.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Julie Clot said:

House prices are only going to increase.

The best thing you can do is buy as soon as possible.  Buy anything in a decent area. 

In this technology driven age, I think house prices are under much more control than they were in 2008 and prior years.

The government have their finger on the control and can decide house prices, not the economy.

Interest rates won't matter. Unemployment. Inflation. Supply and demand.  All these classical economic theory is no longer relevant due to technology.

If you own, lucky you. If not, buy this year or you'll be priced out forever. The next decade will only see rising house prices and stagnating wages and more taxation, pricing millions out of owning. 

That is the reality of the situation.

You confuse buying a house with begging a corrupt bank for a lifetime of debt.  F*ck that.

I'd rather live in a caravan, but many want to show those they hate that they're worth it.......worth what though?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
5 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I do find a lot of these polls slightly ridiculous. Police support will be always be high in people over 60 as they are often frightened of their own shadow. 

My favourite is the do you support it abide by the lockdown ones..effectively asking do you break the law. 

% given is just a phycological experiment rather than reality. Like asking do you use cocaine. The survey says one thing but the level in the London sewer says something else. 

Real evidence for support or lack of lockdown is varying traffic levels etc. Of course Hugo on his utterly essential trip to buy a new BBQ and then visit Amelias garden, still supports lockdown and is horrified that people leave their flats for walks often. 

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, captainb said:

I do find a lot of these polls slightly ridiculous. Police support will be always be high in people over 60 as they are often frightened of their own shadow. 

My favourite is the do you support it abide by the lockdown ones..effectively asking do you break the law. 

% given is just a phycological experiment rather than reality. Like asking do you use cocaine. The survey says one thing but the level in the London sewer says something else. 

Real evidence for support or lack of lockdown is varying traffic levels etc. Of course Hugo on his utterly essential trip to buy a new BBQ and then visit Amelias garden, still supports lockdown and is horrified that people leave their flats for walks often. 

What?

HOLA448
13 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

A few things I noted:

- Where were all these angry people as details emerged about the misconduct of the police and authorities in the Rotherham child grooming/rape scandal and the failure of the government to tackle those who failed the public?  Apparently those hundreds of underage girls don't matter.

- Most of the people angrily protesting strike me as the sort of Karens who would have been loudly condemning the anti-lockdown protests on social media, yet quite happy to go out and break the rules for something they professed to care about.

-Distinct lack of 'They are killing Grandma with their disobedience of COVID rules!!!' fake outrage from the media (as per BLM).

I would say however that it is a sign that the public resentment of the repression of the last year is starting to come to a head.  And given that the media aren't using their influence to repress the protestors, could lead to more widespread unrest as everyone who is pissed-off with the lockdowns starts to fight back.

Many of the victims in Rotherham were living in care homes which really most Brits don't care about it.  In fact I think they should be renamed "We don't care".

Also Islam trumps women's rights.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Can anyone remember any resignations since the BJ regime came to power or have they always managed to tough it out or bully their way out of it?

One thing is certain, their propaganda department is world class.

In the meantime, BJ has learned to stay in his freezer when the flak is flying. He'll soon have his nice new £9m bunker which will be more comfortable for him.

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Can anyone remember any resignations since the BJ regime came to power or have they always managed to tough it out or bully their way out of it?

One thing is certain, their propaganda department is world class.

In the meantime, BJ has learned to stay in his freezer when the flak is flying. He'll soon have his nice new £9m bunker which will be more comfortable for him.

Cummings?

Javid?

HOLA4412
9 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Cummings?

Javid?

Cummings was defended to the hilt and even given a large pay rise. He was later sacked when he fell foul of BJ's concubine, Carrie Symonds. 

Javid was asked to remain as chancellor, but declined as the terms of the job required that, in future, No 11 would come under the wing the No 10 policy unit. The job was then offered to Sunak who had no such qualms and accepted.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4413
55 minutes ago, captainb said:

A media circus isn't always real life, nor are many polls so yes behaviour and real actions are more reliable. 

People will support more laws and rules for all sorts of things but consider themselves excempt as those rules are for others not them! 

People will break a speed limit and justify it because it's quiet at 2am. Jabbed oldies visiting their families indoors has been common.

HOLA4414
8 hours ago, Big Orange said:

It makes sense when you had village posse, city watch, and garrisons mass execute criminal gangs and pirates, etc, with aplomb in pre/early industrial societies (heads on spikes, pulled out guts).

It's actually interesting history and one in which the English jury system was a force for good. In the 18th century juries would decide the value of goods stolen. Anything over a guinea was libel to see the accused executed. Huge numbers of people were convicted of stealing just under a Guinea by juries who did not want to execute poor people who probably stole to feed their families. This  then led usually to transportation to at first Virginia and then after 1776 Australia.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, nightowl said:

A media circus isn't always real life, nor are many polls so yes behaviour and real actions are more reliable. 

People will support more laws and rules for all sorts of things but consider themselves excempt as those rules are for others not them! 

People will break a speed limit and justify it because it's quiet at 2am. Jabbed oldies visiting their families indoors has been common.

Wife was talking to friend whose son is copper, he is reporting loads of score settling going on by neighbours shopping person opposite for having granny round, he has to fine them. Folk eh?

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Wife was talking to friend whose son is copper, he is reporting loads of score settling going on by neighbours shopping person opposite for having granny round, he has to fine them. Folk eh?

Shades of 30s Germany. This sort of behaviour has been openly encouraged as "doing the right thing" by Priti Patel.

Priti Patel urges people to report neighbours who flout Christmas bubble rules (telegraph.co.uk)

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, debtlessmanc said:

Anger and frustration of those that have had their freedom restricted......everyone therefore must suffer, we are quick to judge others?;)

HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, winkie said:

Anger and frustration of those that have had their freedom restricted......everyone therefore must suffer, we are quick to judge others?;)

Prob more likely fell out over a cat in the last 5 years... Held a grudge.. Now revenge time. 

When the rule of 6 was introduced, guy down the road arranged 6 blow up dolls in his windows. I'm sure a lot of the curtain twitchers complained. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
40 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Shades of 30s Germany. This sort of behaviour has been openly encouraged as "doing the right thing" by Priti Patel.

Priti Patel urges people to report neighbours who flout Christmas bubble rules (telegraph.co.uk)

If you take the view that this behaviour could lead to lockdown being extended.  It is not surprising that people report it.

Suppose someone's job is at risk because of lockdown?

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

I was at my local coop yesterday and I noticed something sinister: red meat and salmon in one of those plastic gps tracked boxes that someone at the till has to open. 

My wife had a problem with one of those recently.

She bought meat in one shop then went into another and the alarm went off as she left. Store detective rushed out and demand to search her bag. Wife said no way and phoned me. I said if they want you searched, make them call the police. Crowd gathered, laughing, now wife and 5 security guards. After 15 minutes and still no police wife got bored and opened her bag so they could look inside, but not touch. One of the nicer security guards looked inside and immediately said "Steak, they always forget to swipe those". With that the security guards melted away without so much as an apology. I phoned the store's head office and made an official complaint.

HOLA4422
55 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Cummings was defended to the hilt and even given a large pay rise. He was later sacked when he fell foul of BJ's concubine, Carrie Symonds. 

Javid was asked to remain as chancellor, but declined as the terms of the job required that, in future, No 11 would come under the wing the No 10 policy unit. The job was then offered to Sunak who had no such qualms and accepted.

Very much like the Blair days. A 'kitchen' cabinet + SPADs in control. Ministers largely an irrelevance.

HOLA4423
5 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

If you take the view that this behaviour could lead to lockdown being extended.  It is not surprising that people report it.

Suppose someone's job is at risk because of lockdown?

One of my favourite quotes, I make no apologies for repeating it here...

Naturally, the common people don't want war ... but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

Hermann Goring.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425