HOLA441
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

This probably will be the straw to break my back if it comes to pass. At the very least I will work a lot less hours and spending less. It’s quite likely I’ll give emigration some serious thought. As someone who worked through the Covid hysteria and received nothing - I simply will not be paying for it.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
7 minutes ago, wighty said:

Don't think the Resolution Foundation's ideas carry much weight with Tory thinking.

Now Labour......................is a different kettle of fish.

That doesn't matter.

At the next election, I (a former lifelong Tory voter) will be voting with my heart, against the Tories, however much they bribe me to vote for them.

HOLA447
HOLA448
46 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

That doesn't matter.

At the next election, I (a former lifelong Tory voter) will be voting with my heart, against the Tories, however much they bribe me to vote for them.

Would you vote Tory if Tomtugonhat was made PM?.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

many Tory voters will be wishing they had voted for Corbyn.

:lol:

Whatever anyone does, anywhere in the world, at any point in the future, would have been a minimum 3x worse under Corbyn (he/him).

HOLA4417

Can't get my head around how can live in an expensive wholly owned property worth many thousands and can claim benefits, help with income and living costs........but slogging it out trying to save for a deposit to buy and fall on hard times have to spend almost all savings untill can claim a penny piece......;)

HOLA4418

Think tanks propose things all the time to be fair -  and the likes of Mail, express and Telegraph are promoting this to make sure pressure is placed to ensure it does not happen! All worded in a way to make people think the government will do it - when its just a think tank writing a paper.

There will probably be even more Tory MPs with over £100k in ISAs than there are buy to let landlords. And it will invariably be Tory voters hit by this cap. I can't see Tory MPs who want to have a job come January 2025 consenting to this.

Also would it be retrospective - surely it could only apply to new investments not existing ones?

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4419
25 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Whatever anyone does, anywhere in the world, at any point in the future, would have been a minimum 3x worse under Corbyn (he/him).

Yeah and now we know why. Regardless of being good for the country or not, his gov't would have never been allowed to govern, likely given the same treatment as Truss, making it impossible to implement meaningful policy for systemic change, from overwhelming market pressures, to continued insider insurgent sabotage, from not only the state apparatus, corporate sponsors and foreign gov't interference, in the UK's laughable faux democracy.

HOLA4420

The short gap in the window of opportunity, clear for all to see the radical policies of Truss, shines a light into the soul of where the Tories want to lead the country.

Too far too fast....... least we now know what to expect and what the ultimate goal is they are aiming for.

Buyer beware.;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
39 minutes ago, DarkHorseWaits-NoMore said:

Yeah and now we know why. Regardless of being good for the country or not, his gov't would have never been allowed to govern, likely given the same treatment as Truss, making it impossible to implement meaningful policy for systemic change, from overwhelming market pressures, to continued insider insurgent sabotage, from not only the state apparatus, corporate sponsors and foreign gov't interference, in the UK's laughable faux democracy.

All governments govern with the permission of the bond market.  That permission can be withdrawn at any time.

Corbyn wouldn't even have got to make his speech at the door of No 10 before he got deposed.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
16 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Whatever it is, it has to be better than the current Tory rump.

I think we all thought the same last time we got rid of the Tories and put in Labour or got rid of Labour and put the Tories back in. We have been rinsing and repeating this merry go round for 80 years bar a brief interlude from 2010 to 2015.

It has got to be better isn't good enough! Maybe its time for some real change - and to not keep repeating the same mistakes?

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4425

The ISA allowances started off pretty low initially but we're hugely expanded under the Tories. Now the money has run out they have difficult choices to make. And property investment should not be a tax dodge. When will they bring in an LVT.

Edited by Si1