House Price Crash Forum

How do you stop the migrants crossing the channel

FANG

HOLA441

6 hours ago, FANG said:

It would be logical to arrest the people smugglers and lock them away. But its easier for the French police to look the other way especially if they are being paid to do so. It also gets these immigrants out of France as well.

The people smugglers don't go anywhere near the dinghies, they put one of the asylum seekers in charge of the crossing in return for a free trip. Priti tried charging these "leaders" with people smuggling but the CPS refused to progress the charges citing the Geneva convention.  

I dare say the average French policeman is not too upset to see the back end of a dinghy heading out to sea, imagine the paperwork if they actually caught 30 asylum seekers on the beach.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 hours ago, markyh said:

But yes, in contributions based benefits, ALL citizens who have hot accrued a safety net have to work, nationals or immigrants, or they starve, so they will work for low wages. 

So someone who has worked here for 30 or 40 years now has to work for £4 an hour and make millions more poorer Great Stuff. 

HOLA443
12 hours ago, markyh said:

I dont have to. I no longer work because i have made myself i'm wealthy. But yes, in contributions based benefits, ALL citizens who have hot accrued a safety net have to work, nationals or immigrants, or they starve, so they will work for low wages. 

"Work" I think it would just be easier for them to break into your mansion and relieve you of your wealth and belongings. That is what is already happening now across the country. 

HOLA444
31 minutes ago, FANG said:

"Work" I think it would just be easier for them to break into your mansion and relieve you of your wealth and belongings. That is what is already happening now across the country. 

Then like SA we change the law, allow legal ownership of firearms, and allow legal lethal force to be used against anyone breaking into your house. handy, i know true stories of dodgy people "hanging around" on the border of a property that were shot dead, and "moved" onto the property before the police where called.  Police accepted it was attempted robbery, nothing more to see here, move along. 

HOLA445
9 hours ago, Insane said:

So someone who has worked here for 30 or 40 years now has to work for £4 an hour and make millions more poorer Great Stuff. 

No if you have worked 30-40 years you would have received the one off contributions benefits credit for 1/1/22, so you will be fine, like me, you have worked several decades and paid into the system, so you get to take out, to a limit. 

Anyone know in Germany how long you can just decide to stop working for , or never start work, and the state will pick up for tab for "living" , food and shelter? 

HOLA446
On 07/08/2021 at 09:00, markyh said:

Then like SA we change the law, allow legal ownership of firearms, and allow legal lethal force to be used against anyone breaking into your house. handy, i know true stories of dodgy people "hanging around" on the border of a property that were shot dead, and "moved" onto the property before the police where called.  Police accepted it was attempted robbery, nothing more to see here, move along. 

Sounds like a wonderful existence, hey, here's an idea, why waste years of your life waiting for this society to develop in UK when you could travel to South Africa tomorrow and be in this 'dream' land tomorrow? 

Edited by Save me from the madness!

HOLA447
On 8/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, markyh said:

You seem to be living out a fantasy here - suggest a move to the US where they shoot homeowners quite regularly because funnily enough, criminals may have access to the same firearms then and even police go into a house expecting to shoot people.

Civilians shouldn't have firearms, you don't need them and only arseholes want them. You may think you are Bruce Willis but in reality it'll all go Pete Tong, you'll crap yourself and possibly slot someone you care about by accident or get them killed.

HOLA448

Not just the channel -

Latvia warns of risk of ‘incident’ between Nato and Russia

Belarus ‘border crisis’ and military exercise could cause ‘misunderstanding’, says foreign minister

https://www.ft.com/content/d8566dc5-6818-4d9b-830b-eedcb9c8103e

Baltic officials say his latest tactic is to offer migrants from Iraq, Syria or several African countries a package that includes passage to the Lithuanian border. More than 4,000 migrants have crossed into Lithuania this year alone, more than 50 times the number that entered last year. Rinkevics said this was “a very clear case of hybrid warfare” by deliberately using migration to target the EU and Lithuania. “The migrants are actually being used as the weapon. The longer we live in this 21st century, the scarier it becomes. Things that we couldn’t imagine that could be used, they are being used,” he said.

The current asylum rules need shit canning.

HOLA449
59 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Not just the channel -

Latvia warns of risk of ‘incident’ between Nato and Russia

Belarus ‘border crisis’ and military exercise could cause ‘misunderstanding’, says foreign minister

https://www.ft.com/content/d8566dc5-6818-4d9b-830b-eedcb9c8103e

Baltic officials say his latest tactic is to offer migrants from Iraq, Syria or several African countries a package that includes passage to the Lithuanian border. More than 4,000 migrants have crossed into Lithuania this year alone, more than 50 times the number that entered last year. Rinkevics said this was “a very clear case of hybrid warfare” by deliberately using migration to target the EU and Lithuania. “The migrants are actually being used as the weapon. The longer we live in this 21st century, the scarier it becomes. Things that we couldn’t imagine that could be used, they are being used,” he said.

The current asylum rules need shit canning.

And then what? 

In this case better for Latvia to retaliate by offering educated young people from Belarus asylum/citizenship. 

HOLA4410
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

And then what? 

In this case better for Latvia to retaliate by offering educated young people from Belarus asylum/citizenship. 

Baltic officials say his latest tactic is to offer migrants from Iraq, Syria or several African countries a package that includes passage to the Lithuanian border. More than 4,000 migrants have crossed into Lithuania this year alone, more than 50 times the number that entered last year.

HOLA4411

Plenty of Afganistan elite looking to move in the next few weeks as Kabul likely to fall and like Stalin did to the elites who didn't managed to escape had the NKVD visit them and send them to the GULAG where many perished.  The Taliban will be more ruthless and shoot them hence the mass migration we can expect to Turkey and Belarus as they try to get into europe. 

I wonderr if Frau Merkel will offer to put them up as she did last time not sure how that is going but could be a parting gift as she retires shortly.  I know the Austrians were not very happy as many didn't make it to germany and stayed in austria.

HOLA4412
On 08/08/2021 at 13:53, Staffsknot said:

You seem to be living out a fantasy here - suggest a move to the US where they shoot homeowners quite regularly because funnily enough, criminals may have access to the same firearms then and even police go into a house expecting to shoot people.

Civilians shouldn't have firearms, you don't need them and only arseholes want them. You may think you are Bruce Willis but in reality it'll all go Pete Tong, you'll crap yourself and possibly slot someone you care about by accident or get them killed.

I am not really in favour of firearm ownership in principle and have no desire to own one. The fact that my neighbours probably don't own guns is something that I think is good.

However Switzerland has pretty high gun ownership

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

And slightly lower murder rate than the UK

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Switzerland/United-Kingdom/Crime

So high gun ownership is not always a bad thing per se.

I have no idea why Switzerland is safer than the UK.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yesterday, a record of 800 people cross in one day (google BBC). The French 'managed to stop' a further 200 from setting out by putting a 'Channel this way'  sign up, but it was infact..... pointing inland!. The French say it was deliberate but the contractors responsible have had their contract terminated and the migrants have allegedly been given state of the art GPS equipment with coordinated of 'nice beaches to swim' already plugged in. The French say that they want everyone to experience the wonderful coastline that France offers. [tongue in cheek] 

How is Brexit working out for you leavers?

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4415

Thousands coming over from France via boats, thousands flying in via flights from Kabul, i am guessing they will be housed in empty army barracks and such. But how many can this sustain ? We dont do refugee tents here like other countries, the system will eventually break. I was ferried from Heathrow in a taxi a couple of years back by an Afgan refugee. He hitch hiked from Afganistan a decade ago via Iran and France. Spent a few years claiming asylum and then started as a taxi driver. I am guessing they all get pumped into the labour market at some point to handle the enormous demand for drivers, fruit pickers etc

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, IMHAL said:

Yesterday, a record of 800 people cross in one day (google BBC). The French 'managed to stop' a further 200 from setting out by putting a 'Channel this way'  sign up, but it was infact..... pointing inland!. The French say it was deliberate but the contractors responsible have had their contract terminated and the migrants have allegedly been given state of the art GPS equipment with coordinated of 'nice beaches to swim' already plugged in. The French say that they want everyone to experience the wonderful coastline that France offers. [tongue in cheek] 

Brexshit was always about global Britain so it’s good to see that the UK is become a more diversified welcoming country. 

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Brexshit was always about global Britain so it’s good to see that the UK is become a more diversified welcoming country. 

I hope none of the new arrivals bump into you that would not be a good welcome.

HOLA4418
9 hours ago, IMHAL said:

How many is too many before the UK government decides that the crossings are a "problem" and have to be stopped by force? Once it gets to the 1000-2000 a day range that's a medium size city arriving illegally every year forever. That is assuming a "crossing season" of 6 months and no physical enforcement of the border, a legal enforcement is possible of course but how many cases can the courts actually process especially when orders are appealed? What country in the world could handle that number of official "asylum seekers" who have legal rights to be "looked after" by the state?

Edited by Tiger131

HOLA4419
27 minutes ago, Tiger131 said:

How many is too many before the UK government decides that the crossings are a "problem" and have to be stopped by force? Once it gets to the 1000-2000 a day range that's a medium size city arriving illegally every year forever. That is assuming a "crossing season" of 6 months and no physical enforcement of the border, a legal enforcement is possible of course but how many cases can the courts actually process especially when orders are appealed? What country in the world could handle that number of official "asylum seekers" who have legal rights to be "looked after" by the state?

How do all the countries handling vastly more than us manage. Turkey is much poorer than the UK but currently managing to handle 5m asylum seekers. By any measure we are getting off pretty lightly compared to many other countries. 

NB legally enforcing the border means allowing asylum seekers their legal right to enter to claim asylum. 

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

How do all the countries handling vastly more than us manage. Turkey is much poorer than the UK but currently managing to handle 5m asylum seekers. By any measure we are getting off pretty lightly compared to many other countries. 

NB legally enforcing the border means allowing asylum seekers their legal right to enter to claim asylum. 

The UK gives asylum seekers far better treatment than Turkey. Millions being kept in hotels would be out of the question.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
11 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Yes but we haven't got millions, we have a relative handful. Less than many other European countries that have far less responsibility for creating those refugees.

Turkeys asylum seekers are all aligned up against the Syrian borders in tent camps. like the UK having camps along the NI border with EIRE if it was to happen. I tell you what Let's swap Afghanistan for the the U.K. their clans could fight it out for Yorkshire and we could patiently queue up for fish aand chips and a cup of tea in Kabul. How does that sound?

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4423
Just now, debtlessmanc said:

Turkeys asylum seekers are all aligned up against the Syrian borders in tent camps. like the UK having camps along the NI border with EIRE if it was to happen. I tell you what Let's swap Afghanistan for the the U.K. their clans could fight it out for Yorkshire and we could line up for fish aand chips ans a cup of tea in Kabul. How does that sound?

Like you have been drinking

HOLA4424
5 hours ago, Tiger131 said:

Well you tell me!

Leavers voted to leave the EU, thus they voted to end the Dublin 111 agreement that allowed the Uk to send back migrants. It's the Brexiteers problem.

You want to use 'force' to stop them? That would not only be considered a crime and be shamefull to this nation but it would be against international law. What do you guys want to make the UK? The new North Korea? 

HOLA4425

A bit too far to get to Bournemouth but you never know 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9921581/Migrants-celebrate-land-Broadstairs-beach-Kent-stunned-sunbathers.html

Bournemouth happy to accommodate them over the winter as hotels will be quiet then. Our local bbc news reported an afghan family who arrived over 20 yrs ago from Watford using our new electric barbecues which cost 100k must be the most expensive in the world skip to 20 minutes to view.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000z3y0/south-today-evening-news-24082021

Edited by coypondboy