• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, longgone said:

She looks like she came out of a box of Lego.

She should be gratefull for attention it does not last long.

No it doesn’t, human looks also has a shelf life

HOLA446
On 23/04/2021 at 12:08, longgone said:

specsavers ?

_85466044_linkedin.jpg

1 hour ago, longgone said:

She looks like she came out of a box of Lego.

She should be gratefull for attention it does not last long.

The Ninjago set!

image.png.17b35dc00036efb5c00ccb3fd09aa26e.png

HOLA447
On 23/04/2021 at 09:51, crescent said:

1 he was  bit silly

2 she is a snowflake who wants to be offended

as my other half says she will be cheesed off when men do not find her attractive

nothing to see here move along

She will. Pretty wimin do progress in careers based on their looks,  even if not deliberately. A fat ugly woman would have to be just as or more intellegent and qualified and work 2x as smart and perhaps put in more hours to get the promotions or pay rises. Its just a fact.  I have witnessed this dozens of times in all sorts of jobs.

HOLA448

She’s as bad as him for reacting that way but I just can’t understand why the guy would say something like that. It’s creepy, inappropriate and unprofessional. Compliment colleagues on the good work they’ve done - it’ll be far more appreciated. 

Ive worked in lots of different environments and often women can give as good as they get. I’ve seen women grab guys ‘playfully’ in a manner that would of otherwise seen them lose their jobs if the roles had been reversed. 

I don’t like the way men are being portrayed these days but I do think so many give us a bad name but behaving weirdly like that guy in the article. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
23 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

Ive worked in lots of different environments and often women can give as good as they get. I’ve seen women grab guys ‘playfully’ in a manner that would of otherwise seen them lose their jobs if the roles had been reversed. 

I have been hugged by women, But i will not hug a woman

HOLA4411

The office cougar pinched my **** in front of everyone ‘for a laugh’ when I was younger. Can you imagine what could of happened to her if I’d been a git about it.

Saying “you’re looking great” to a colleague that’s broadcasted to everyone that they are losing weight or trying to get in shape should be perfectly acceptable. (I pray that never changes).

Emailing someone and mentioning they look stunning in their picture is just weird.

HOLA4412
4 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

She’s as bad as him for reacting that way but I just can’t understand why the guy would say something like that. It’s creepy, inappropriate and unprofessional. Compliment colleagues on the good work they’ve done - it’ll be far more appreciated. 

I don’t like the way men are being portrayed these days but I do think so many give us a bad name but behaving weirdly like that guy in the article. 

He behaved submissively, that angers her because all she meets are submissive men, she can`t say what she is really feeling  i.e "Where is James Bond/The guy from Gone With The Wind/Errol Flynn in his green Robin Hood suit to challenge me and make me feel like a woman because that is now socially unacceptable and not acceptable on a sterile corporate web forum with pictures of uptight people in suits, so she goes off on a feminist rant instead to get her anger out. That is my take anyway, if he had sent her a PM saying "Look, the first thing we need to sort out is that your CV picture looks like an extra from a Lego movie" he would probably have created a different type of "anger" (the good type) and got a very different result.

HOLA4413

God there's a lot of ****** being written here by folks who see it as PC like the guy said to not talk like a 70s parody of the Sweeney to folk.

Back then women smiled and thought you were a git. Now they tell you.

You can still complement a woman you just can't do it like a cringey creepy individual like one in story. Context and a bit of thought.

James Bond was not meant to be a role model he was meant to be a very dark user of people. As per Dalton's style. Hollywood didn't want that. The Ian Fleming character is not actually likeable Sean Connery version, in fact he rapes Pussy Galore to make her straight in the weird world of Bond. Also said author was such a mans man that his Mum said no to his engagement it was called off and Mum also sorted out jobs for him and told him what to do until the war.

His wife also had strings of affairs and when her first husband died while she was having an affair with Fleming she chose someone else and told him he was 2nd choice... until that bloke ( Rothermere) divorced her because she still was seeing Fleming who couldn't move on.

I think there's a distinct age division between viewpoints - especially given the Adventures of Robin Hood reference.

One of our HR staff once told me how after an interview that had gone well a London City type told her how lucky her husband was to get to bang on her formiddible bongos... this was the 90s. She looked him in the eye, told him take a good look because you'll be w##*ing yourself to sleep without a job mate. Reported him to the HR rep they had in that interview who as good as said she'd enjoy the disciplinary as he has been getting away with similar for years. 

In short he was a creep, not complimentary and a muppet and got what was coming to him like the one in the story.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 23/04/2021 at 10:25, wighty said:

Why did he  respond like that?. A bit daft.

Exactly - LinkedIn isn’t a dating site and it was a stupid message to send.

Does his wife know he spends his time messaging compliments to younger women?

well I guess she does now.

HOLA4418
10 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

God there's a lot of ****** being written here by folks who see it as PC like the guy said to not talk like a 70s parody of the Sweeney to folk.

Back then women smiled and thought you were a git. Now they tell you.

You can still complement a woman you just can't do it like a cringey creepy individual like one in story. Context and a bit of thought.

James Bond was not meant to be a role model he was meant to be a very dark user of people. As per Dalton's style. Hollywood didn't want that. The Ian Fleming character is not actually likeable Sean Connery version, in fact he rapes Pussy Galore to make her straight in the weird world of Bond. Also said author was such a mans man that his Mum said no to his engagement it was called off and Mum also sorted out jobs for him and told him what to do until the war.

His wife also had strings of affairs and when her first husband died while she was having an affair with Fleming she chose someone else and told him he was 2nd choice... until that bloke ( Rothermere) divorced her because she still was seeing Fleming who couldn't move on.

I think there's a distinct age division between viewpoints - especially given the Adventures of Robin Hood reference.

One of our HR staff once told me how after an interview that had gone well a London City type told her how lucky her husband was to get to bang on her formiddible bongos... this was the 90s. She looked him in the eye, told him take a good look because you'll be w##*ing yourself to sleep without a job mate. Reported him to the HR rep they had in that interview who as good as said she'd enjoy the disciplinary as he has been getting away with similar for years. 

In short he was a creep, not complimentary and a muppet and got what was coming to him like the one in the story.

You totally miss the point, why are men feeling the need to "compliment" women, the guy telling her that her husband was "lucky" is just submissive behaviour that annoys her at a deep primal level (her husband was probably a doormat too?) She expressed the anger this time by abusing her little bit of power over him and talking like an annoyed schoolgirl. It doesn`t matter what you think Fleming was like, the character he created as portrayed on the screen (especially by Connery) is displaying behaviour that is very attractive to women, and the other two would never tell a woman that they liked her directly, they would imply that she was lucky to be talking to them! Whether you like it or not, and whether modern culture likes it or not women respond to certain male traits, and giving "compliments" that make the guy look weaker than her and in awe of her isn`t one of them!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
6 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

You totally miss the point, why are men feeling the need to "compliment" women, the guy telling her that her husband was "lucky" is just submissive behaviour that annoys her at a deep primal level (her husband was probably a doormat too?) She expressed the anger this time by abusing her little bit of power over him and talking like an annoyed schoolgirl. It doesn`t matter what you think Fleming was like, the character he created as portrayed on the screen (especially by Connery) is displaying behaviour that is very attractive to women, and the other two would never tell a woman that they liked her directly, they would imply that she was lucky to be talking to them! Whether you like it or not, and whether modern culture likes it or not women respond to certain male traits, and giving "compliments" that make the guy look weaker than her and in awe of her isn`t one of them!

This. Someone who actually understands female psychology 😉

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

It's not exactly an authentic compliment is it? A small headshot of an average looking woman that you've never met doesn't warrant 'stunning'.

HOLA4422
On 4/24/2021 at 7:34 PM, steve99 said:

She will. Pretty wimin do progress in careers based on their looks,  even if not deliberately. A fat ugly woman would have to be just as or more intellegent and qualified and work 2x as smart and perhaps put in more hours to get the promotions or pay rises. Its just a fact. 

Yes we all get old and ugly (if we are lucky!)

I have known plenty of good looking girls who have not been successful for the simple fact they are not great employees.  

When I employ a person I could not care less what they look like as long as they are smart and articulate.  

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, crescent said:

Yes we all get old and ugly (if we are lucky!)

I have known plenty of good looking girls who have not been successful for the simple fact they are not great employees.  

When I employ a person I could not care less what they look like as long as they are smart and articulate.  

The future is filters anyway. Change your looks/age/gender.

HOLA4424
On 25/04/2021 at 14:29, Staffsknot said:

Exactly.  The OP's comment that the human race is in "deep trouble" because a pervy guy got told off is ridiculous.

HOLA4425