Tesco razors - now women get a subsidy

Frank Hovis

HOLA441
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Hurrah, I'm a bloke who uses "women's" razors. Better made imo. Although it was a rough comparison many years ago, so probably not relevant now. At least it is easy to only have one type of blade in the household.

surprised to hear about smaller volumes, maybe ladies are better at not losing them, as they seem to be used on a much greater area of body. Might be due to being better made so requiring less frequent replacement. My "Venus" has been in use for more years than I care to remember. And it's blue, like proper bloke's stuff.

HOLA444
6 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

It's interesting how society wants you to think. My wife hates the colour pink so our 3 month old daughter generally gets dressed in neutral colours. Most common question we get asked "Aww. How old is he?"

Had her ears pierced at 11 weeks (not related, just something they seem to do on the continent). 

We bought her a train set so she's probably going to end up a gender-confused SJW herself. 

Pink is a man's colour. I have loads of pink shirts, they look so much smarter than blue.

For what it is worth, this whole pink girl thing only kicked off in the 1920s.  Prior to that, Pink was seen as a lighter version of the red in Soldier's Tunics and so it was pink for boys - certainly in the late 1700s pink was a virile male colour.

I blame feminism, basically they want to make men look like pu55ies by putting them in blue.

HOLA445
HOLA446

My wife and daughter get around the conundrum by nicking my razors. That's why they're usually like a lump of rusted plough that's been in a field for 3 years.

I think I'll start shaving with a 7 inch Bowie knife like Ray Mears or Bear Grills; that'll show 'em.

HOLA447
12 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Tesco has been charging double the price for women's razors as for men.

Just shows how daft some women are, I buy whatever razors that I feel are suitable for the job regardless of their colour or packaging. If women fall for the pink branding then they deserve to pay more for being so ducking thick.

HOLA448
2 hours ago, workingpoor said:

Don't womens razors have safety barsover the blades?

Most of the ones i have seen have.

Can anyone show me a womans razor without safety bars that is identical to a mans razor? 

Never seen a women's razor with safety bars, though I mostly buy the cheaper men's ones so may not have noticed.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
17 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Tampons make an excellent bullet wound field dressing. Always present in my hunting kit.

Also lipstick. There's some ugly critters out there that need a little bit of work to make them presentable 

Large sanitary towels make great willie warmers when working outdoors in winter. Also wearing tights under the trousers gives a bit of extra warmth.

Lipstick can serve as engineers blue with Ajax or Vim as a grinding paste.

Nail varnish can be used on a bolt to stop the nut working use. Nail varnish remover, acetone, has lots of uses too.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, John51 said:

Large sanitary towels make great willie warmers when working outdoors in winter. Also wearing tights under the trousers gives a bit of extra warmth.

Lipstick can serve as engineers blue with Ajax or Vim as a grinding paste.

Nail varnish can be used on a bolt to stop the nut working use. Nail varnish remover, acetone, has lots of uses too.

All good advice  - and very credible - but what colour handbag do you keep it all in? 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
17 hours ago, lulu said:

Never seen a women's razor with safety bars, though I mostly buy the cheaper men's ones so may not have noticed.

Not enjoying the pre party party then Lulu?

That bloody Venus advert with Emma Willis gets on my hairy chuffing nerves. That's an example right there of how stupidly susceptible some women are. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
26 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

I can't believe we only have men's and women's razors.

What about them things they shave sheep with..?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4419

A few years ago I talked the missus into getting a mens Gillette and just sharing the bumper pack of blades I buy. She prefers the men's razor now, as it's just cheaper for the same thing. Or it was...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
On 02/01/2017 at 4:27 PM, Steppenpig said:

I bought a few pairs of womens tights in decathlon. They were the cheapest, and there didn't seem to be a direct male equivalent.

the nearest male equivalent is those stupid panty-hose hats that rappers wear.....seem to be fashionable in the gangsta style!

personally a leg of sawn-off pretty polly medium denier does the same job, and really does have some gangsta history behind it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

What about them things they shave sheep with..?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

I believe they're called either Australians or Kiwis 

Archived