House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Tesco razors - now women get a subsidy

Tesco has been charging double the price for women's razors as for men.

That is a bad thing. They should not have been doing it. It was right to highlight it.

However as the volumes are much smaller then their production costs are going to be higher; so they should cost more. But not double.

Now after a "campaign" of twitter and facebook button pressing they are going to make them the same price as men's.

Meaning that they are now profiteering from men's razors.

Meanwhile the twitter crowd move onto their next campaign having successfully replaced a discrimination against women with a new discrimination against men.

Hurrah.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38488241

What the f8ck is a "woman's razor"? Is it just pink?:o

Actually I buy the women's fragrance free deodorants, as they are half the price of the "tough guy" ones, with names like "bullet", or "big dick", and I don't mind the dispenser is not ***** shaped.

2 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

They're just men's razors in 'womens' colours. Same blades. 

You eyes are opened. You see my wisdom.

26 minutes ago, MrPin said:

What the f8ck is a "woman's razor"? Is it just pink?:o

I don't know what the difference is, never having bought any razors for women. 

Pink Razors Matter

They shouldn't make women's razors pink - what if a man would like to buy and use a pink razor?

It should be a razor in available in different colours and available to anyone who wants to buy it, blue, black, white, etc.

They are discriminatory!

I'll point us back to this thread

Business just seeks profits - there's no conspiracy to be sexist. People don't have to buy pink razors if they cost more, but they will raise the price to increase margins IF the market can bear it. It's called supply and demand. If they don't sell, they will lower the price (or discontinue it completely). Who knows why they can get away with selling pink razors at a higher price. Maybe they could make a gold razor and it would cost the most - would that discriminate poor people who like gold? Maybe people who buy them have more discretionary income - who knows. Do you think the Wall Street bankers and traders think that they need to accommodate everyone or double check everything to ensure they don't offend? They just want the moolah.

8 minutes ago, 200p said:

This was on the same page

Where are the black dolls in High Street stores?

By Alex Smith BBC News Online

2 January 2017

Hang on, I thought there was a shortage of female engineers!

What happened to golliwogs?

So they wouldn't buy the men's cheaper razors because of the colour.  So they wasted time and effort in a campaign - and now even the cheaper razors will go up in price so everybody loses out.  Crazy.

The majority of men think practically so just buy something that competantly does the job, women are driven by the vast amount of marketing that is aimed at them so will buy the ones that are targetted at them even if they are twice the price.

Shoes are another area of female weakness, I have four or five pairs, each has a specific purpose, I replace them when they become defective.

33 minutes ago, billybong said:

So they wouldn't buy the men's cheaper razors because of the colour. 

No I suspect they are just stupid enough to believe the marketing spiel. 

5 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

It's because you are in a particular aisle in the supermarket. I personally have no use for lipstick and tampons. Although of course I will buy them if they are on offer.:mellow: Because I like a bargain.

9 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

Indeed-  although the colour is often part of the marketing spiel.  As well as there often being separate men and women shopping zones.

Gender Traitor

I heard a new phrase today.

If you don't buy pink razors as a woman, you must be a "gender traitor".

It's time to close the internet, it's just too dangerous for public consumption.

Just now, billybong said:

Indeed-  although the colour is often part of the marketing spiel.

Part of the patronising nonsense the SJW would have you believe is criminal to impose on children.

9 minutes ago, 200p said:

Gender Traitor

I heard a new phrase today.

If you don't buy pink razors as a woman, you must be a "gender traitor".

It's time to close the internet, it's just too dangerous for public consumption.

My highlight.

How crazy is that.

11 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

Shoes are another area of female weakness, I have four or five pairs, each has a specific purpose, I replace them when they become defective.

In fairness, women do actually need more shoes. Men can get away with just a pair of comfy shoes and a pair of black leather shoes and look fine in all situations. Just to go with a dress or skirt women need a pair of sandals for summer, a pair of boots for winter, a pair of smart, comfortable shoes for work and some nice shoes for parties, restaurants etc. You might get away with the same pair of smart shoes with formal trousers but they'll look ridiculous with a pair of jeans, as would all of the previously mentioned shoes so you need another pair for wearing with jeans. This is before we get to the question of whether black shoes go with pale dresses (or pale shoes with black dresses etc). 

So the bare minimum number of shoes for a woman is 4-5 compared with a man's two.

1 hour ago, 200p said:

Where are the black dolls in High Street stores?
By Alex Smith BBC News Online

Oh FFS.

Is there no end to this idiocy? Do stores in Nigeria have white dolls? How about the Congo?

These strong, independent and empowered women should be beyond the practice of shaving their bodies. Shaving serves the patriarchy in the most mysogenistic way possible, denying women their natural and beautiful womanhood. 

#hairyfemalebeauty

26 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

The majority of men think practically so just buy something that competantly does the job, women are driven by the vast amount of marketing that is aimed at them so will buy the ones that are targetted at them even if they are twice the price.

Nothing worse than defective shoes. They're an absolute menace.

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's because you are in a particular aisle in the supermarket. I personally have no use for lipstick and tampons. Although of course I will buy them if they are on offer.:mellow: Because I like a bargain.

That's how they got me when I was young and naive. They don't tend to put the women's razors next to the men's ones where you'd actually notice they're charging twice the price. It was only when I realised that games that supermarkets play that I thought to see how much they were in the men's section.

3 minutes ago, This time said:

In fairness, women do actually need more shoes. Men can get away with just a pair of comfy shoes and a pair of black leather shoes and look fine in all situations. Just to go with a dress or skirt women need a pair of sandals for summer, a pair of boots for winter, a pair of smart, comfortable shoes for work and some nice shoes for parties, restaurants etc. You might get away with the same pair of smart shoes with formal trousers but they'll look ridiculous with a pair of jeans, as would all of the previously mentioned shoes so you need another pair for wearing with jeans. This is before we get to the question of whether black shoes go with pale dresses (or pale shoes with black dresses etc). 

So the bare minimum number of shoes for a woman is 4-5 compared with a man's two.

One if the most attractive women I've worked with had black shoes for work and trainers for outside work. That was it: two pairs of shoes. She dressed well and even drove an MG but was happily married.