House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

That's what really worries me. If they keep this up they might win the next election and that would be an unmitigated disaster.

I think they will certainly try to keep this up - under threat of 'or we'll lose the next election'.

However its been quite a long long stint of trashing the UK and its citizens that many people aren't going to forget for a while. 

Btw - Sunak has just described NIs access to the EU and UK as creating 'worlds most exciting economic zone' lol

HOLA442
5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

That's what really worries me. If they keep this up they might win the next election and that would be an unmitigated disaster.

What really worries me is the Kleptocratic Duopoly of Westminster getting in yet again. Our 30 plus years of unmitigated disaster will be nailed on to continue.

HOLA443

As an addendum to the ongoing Richard Sharp story this probably belongs on the sleaze thread - but its interesting to note apparent establishment attempts at creating a Brexit cess-pit:

BBC Chairman Donated Tens of Thousands of Pounds to Right-Wing Group Funding Criticism of BBC

Richard Sharp has pumped money into a group that funds organisations like the TaxPayers’ Alliance, Eurosceptics and the BBC-bashing News-Watch. Was this known at the time of his appointment?...

News-Watch’s coverage is almost exclusively targeted at the BBC, accusing it of bias against Brexit and Conservatives. In January 2018, it published ‘The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation’ which was heavily critical of the BBC – one of many publications and articles it published that year criticising the corporation.

https://bylinetimes.com/2023/02/24/bbc-chairman-donated-tens-of-thousands-of-pounds-to-right-wing-group-funding-criticism-of-bbc/

Edited by pig

HOLA444
24 minutes ago, Dweller said:

OMG you couldn't make it up. 

WTF!!!! 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/steve-baker-northern-ireland-brexit-stress-b2290811.html

Steve Baker has revealed that he suffered a “major mental health crisis” including anxiety and depression due to the stress of Brexit.

“Seven years of this cost me my mental health,” he said.

“The beard, the jewellery, is about me and my recovery. In November 2021, I had a major mental health crisis, anxiety and depression, I couldn’t go on.

Hey Steve Baker.

I'd suggest your mental health crisis is because you're living in a state of cognitive dissonance. You desperately want to believe your cultist ideology and pack of lies are true, but when you achieved brexit you actually had to deliver on your promises. When that didn't happen, you had to try and concoct more and more elaborate ways to blame everyone else (see Huggy on this thread still blaming remainers). This causes you to live with inner turmoil knowing deep down that your pack of lies has led to almost everyone in the UK being worse off as a result.

I don't wish harm on any person, so I hope you recover, but it is going to be hard and painful.

HOLA445
50 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Bit off that Remainers blocked us leaving and then a Remainer is subsequently taking the p*** that the result hasn't gone as quick as one would have liked.

You guys are so f$cking useless that you can't even achieve your own aims without being foiled by remainers.

Or maybe that is just yet another in the long, long list of always blaming someone else. No-one likes slopey shouldered whingers Huggy, try to man up.

HOLA446
27 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Hey Steve Baker.

I'd suggest your mental health crisis is because you're living in a state of cognitive dissonance. You desperately want to believe your cultist ideology and pack of lies are true, but when you achieved brexit you actually had to deliver on your promises. When that didn't happen, you had to try and concoct more and more elaborate ways to blame everyone else (see Huggy on this thread still blaming remainers). This causes you to live with inner turmoil knowing deep down that your pack of lies has led to almost everyone in the UK being worse off as a result.

I don't wish harm on any person, so I hope you recover, but it is going to be hard and painful.

Dear Dugsbody  

thank you for your e-mail. You do however seem to have misunderstood. It was the strain of thinking that NI would stop the rest of the UK moving towards the hardest of all Brexits and the ERGs shared vision of Singapore on Thames that led to the breakdown and now the tears when once again I have found that IN CHRIST we shall at last see our vision taking shape above the bonfire of the 4500 bits of EU law . 

Bless you in Christ.

We shall at last be reunited with what NI threatened to tear asunder 

Steve Baker 

HOLA447
52 minutes ago, pig said:

I think they will certainly try to keep this up - under threat of 'or we'll lose the next election'.

However its been quite a long long stint of trashing the UK and its citizens that many people aren't going to forget for a while. 

Btw - Sunak has just described NIs access to the EU and UK as creating 'worlds most exciting economic zone' lol

Did you see him this morning? Another ebullient performance, like a follower of a happy clappy church.

HOLA448
20 hours ago, Dweller said:

As manufacturers gain access to both the EU and UK markets, take the example of one company in the town of Maghera, whose owner, Michael McGrath, was interviewed by Reuters. CSP makes spare parts for the quarry sector and it can deliver next day to Poland or Germany, winning trade from rival British suppliers that are delayed by Brexit red tape. McGrath says the protocol is directly responsible for a 32% jump in revenues, and it is preparing to take on eight more staff.

If Sunak had an ounce of backbone he would proclaim this success to the unionists. But in their tangle of contradictions, Brexiters dare not for fear it exposes how much better off the whole UK would be had it stayed in the single market.

LMFAO.

These types of cold reality FACTS are the reason that the 2016 clown voters need a PhD in mental gymnastics to keep spinning their lies and dishonesty. @Riedquat's precious Brex_hit has failed and only succeeded in turning it's proponents into putin patsies. Time to man up. 

HOLA449
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

You guys are so f$cking useless that you can't even achieve your own aims without being foiled by remainers.

Or maybe that is just yet another in the long, long list of always blaming someone else. No-one likes slopey shouldered whingers Huggy, try to man up.

In our defence, I'll offer the explanation that the only way our aims were achieved was by a general election.

Yes, the country had to go to the polls and vote, again, to get it sorted. Not much Remainer foiling and blocking after that as we proceeded to leave a month and a half later. Would have been quicker, but there was the Christmas and New Year holidays to think of.

No need to be a Mr Grumpy Pants either. I actually agreed with you that 7 years sounds like a good time period to see what the result is. Feb 2029 (I'll leave the 2 year Covid insanity out of it) is when I shall review the Brexit HPC Strategy with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Hey Steve Baker.

Looks and sounds like he is near to hitting rock bottom to finally admit that he has a serious Brexoholic problem. Only then will his true recovery begin part of which will include apologising to all those he hurt. 

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Did you see him this morning? Another ebullient performance, like a follower of a happy clappy church.

I heard him on the Radio, weird and yes the presenter described him as such ! 

Weird comment from Steve Baker too from the above article, about the populism the Tories have been riding:

If only everybody will read the text, and think seriously about what an amazing achievement this is, what an incredible opportunity it provides, for the people of Northern Ireland and actually for the whole of Europe to move beyond this awful populism we have suffered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/steve-baker-northern-ireland-brexit-stress-b2290811.html

HOLA4413
4 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

I suppose its no different to singing the song Viva Espana. Espana is the Spanish name for Spain.

Eire (its hard to add the fada on my keyboard as without it the word means burden) is the name of the state in Irish as defined it the Irish constitution - Eire is what appears at the top of every Irish passport - and on coins and and on most stamps. Eire is what appears on the seal of the head of state.

Ireland is the English name of the state. 

In the end perhaps its just a minor irritation going back perhaps to a dispute over what it was called in the 1930s by the UK. Eire and Ireland mean the same thing in different languages. But then why not celebrate the Irish language and words - Irish is one of the oldest written languages on earth and after Latin and Greek the oldest apparently in Europe.

Go raibh maith agat!

Éire

E8C10426-6762-4482-ACD4-7FDF059D3529.jpeg.e358a69ac7d9986e8e5ed1c0794a89d9.jpeg

😌

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
7 hours ago, Dweller said:

I for one would be applauding the implementation finally of what was agreed in 2019 but if Baker is doing so  then something else is going on here. I don't for one minute believe that the purpose of finally implementing the NIP has anything to do with "helping Britain and Europe to put Brexit behind them and move on".  In any case the EU put Brexit behind them a long time ago (and the whole of the island of Ireland have done very well out of it) but the  extremist Tory government doesn't have any intention of moving on to anything other than their vision for a Singapore on Thames. Perhaps the other poster is right all this press and self congratulations etc is once again about the Tories/Sunak finally getting Brexit done and maybe Sunak is going for an early election before the shit hits the fan in the autumn and the UK finally implements the self harm border around the rest of the UK and tears up 4500 bits of EU law. The extremists need a few more years to implement their vision so get the election over now .  If the Tories had ANY intention of moving on and moving closer to Europe then they would be speaking about the border that still needs to be implemented around the whole of the UK and the impact this is going to have on the whole of the UK and maybe we would start to hear about something other than NI who has been doing very nicely thank you. The issues in NI aren't specific to NI they are relevant to the whole of the UK. If NI has been struggling to trade with the rest of the UK and vice versa this IS  Brexit issue that is impacting the whole of the UK. 

The ERG do not really care about Northern Ireland. They have a vague preference for it being in flames and that is about it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
7 hours ago, Dweller said:

I for one would be applauding the implementation finally of what was agreed in 2019 but if Baker is doing so  then something else is going on here. I don't for one minute believe that the purpose of finally implementing the NIP has anything to do with "helping Britain and Europe to put Brexit behind them and move on".  In any case the EU put Brexit behind them a long time ago (and the whole of the island of Ireland have done very well out of it) but the  extremist Tory government doesn't have any intention of moving on to anything other than their vision for a Singapore on Thames. Perhaps the other poster is right all this press and self congratulations etc is once again about the Tories/Sunak finally getting Brexit done and maybe Sunak is going for an early election before the shit hits the fan in the autumn and the UK finally implements the self harm border around the rest of the UK and tears up 4500 bits of EU law. The extremists need a few more years to implement their vision so get the election over now .  If the Tories had ANY intention of moving on and moving closer to Europe then they would be speaking about the border that still needs to be implemented around the whole of the UK and the impact this is going to have on the whole of the UK and maybe we would start to hear about something other than NI who has been doing very nicely thank you. The issues in NI aren't specific to NI they are relevant to the whole of the UK. If NI has been struggling to trade with the rest of the UK and vice versa this IS  Brexit issue that is impacting the whole of the UK. 

It looks like Steve Baker has had a bit of a melt-down over contributing to screwing up the country risking igniting NI and inflaming the far right. He just wants it over however its done.

Sunak has thrown BJ under the bus, everybody sees a chance of, if not moving on then at least moving beyond this circle of hell for a better one :)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, pig said:

It looks like Steve Baker has had a bit of a melt-down over contributing to screwing up the country risking igniting NI and inflaming the far right. He just wants it over however its done.

Sunak has thrown BJ under the bus, everybody sees a chance of, if not moving on then at least moving beyond this circle of hell for a better one :)

Surely Baker was in meltdown about was NI stopping the ultras from getting the kind of Brexit they wanted. If they can't appease the DUP then the ONLY answer is for the whole of the UK to align. So get them sorted and  SHUT UP  and then they can pursue the Liz Truss vision of Brexit . 

vS27Q9EA_bigger.jpg

Rishi Sunak has arrived for the 1922 committee Lots of banging on tables Asked how he is feeling, PM flashes big grin and says - well!

6yofe4Y-_bigger.jpg

Steve Baker says Tory MPs “wait with baited breath” to find out if DUP will support the Windsor Framework. He tells journos after the PM addressed the 1922 Committee that “I believe in the end they will agree with me this is a good deal”.

·
Views

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Rishi Sunak’s meeting with the 1922 Committee was the first time there were no hostile questions in 18 years, according to MP Daniel Kawczynski.

Kawczynski, a Brexiteer, told Sky News: “I think all Conservative MPs who stood up to ask questions recognised the extraordinary that the Prime Minister has implemented over the last few months in trying to secure this agreement and he seems to have pulled off something which had been impossible for Boris Johnson and impossible for Theresa May.”

Steve Baker MP said everybody realised the deal was “as good as we’re going to get” and the prime minister “won’t be losing any votes on this”.

.............................................................................

Yet what difference does it make to the rest of the UK - ZERO

So why is NOBODY speaking about the fact that the border around the rest of the UK isn't as yet fully implemented and when it is the rest of the UK will be in a far worse position than NI was before Gov.Uk decided to finally implement the NIP. 
Why doesn't anyone GET that if the 1922 and Baker and ERG are happy it is because they have finally shut the DUP up so that they can get on and finally implement the hardest of Brexits

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
21 hours ago, Cocha said:

What really worries me is the Kleptocratic Duopoly of Westminster getting in yet again. Our 30 plus years of unmitigated disaster will be nailed on to continue.

Yes Andrew, it's all the fault of the matrix!

HOLA4425
20 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

LMFAO.

These types of cold reality FACTS are the reason that the 2016 clown voters need a PhD in mental gymnastics to keep spinning their lies and dishonesty. @Riedquat's precious Brex_hit has failed and only succeeded in turning it's proponents into putin patsies. Time to man up. 

Rubbish. You need to think a bit more. If the whole UK is the SM then you can set up a factory in Hungary, Bulgaria etc and export happily to everywhere. Now, it's a bit harder from there to export to the UK. But still as easy from NI. So why not set up in NI instead of Bulgaria? That's what Richy Rich means, and that's been obvious for ages.....