House Price Crash Forum

The Tories are going to get annihilated

HOLA441
8 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

As a Telegraph subscriber I can vouch for the fact that the Tories are hated more there than anywhere else, so yes, they are finished. The comments section is filled with visceral hatred for Sunak, Cameron, Hunt and the other soft left Lib Dem types that infested the party under Cameron. They completely betrayed their base, and those who have gone to Reform won’t come back…fool me once bla bla bla. Those who voted Brexit are prepared to stomach 5 years of Labour insanity to see the centre right undergo a transformation to make it electable. 

The obvious problem with this strategy is that Starmer by introducing 16 year old voting and voting for EU citizens who are UK residents will create a forever left wing state, that will be increasingly dominated by a growing Muslim population.

This country is absolutely ****ed. If Starmer wins, there will be no going back. Reform is the only hope, but unless people wake up quickly, they have no chance.

I’m starting to disengage with the whole thing here as I will be moving to New Zealand which has swung to a libertarian centre right way of thinking after Ardern’s toxic leftist authoritarian state. Their electoral system is much better than ours and is not dominated by two equally unelectable parties. 

If Labour or the Tories win I really do give up on this country. A hung Parliament with Reform and the Lib Dems holding the balance of power may salvage the situation.

New Zealand. Emmmmmmm.

Would not have considered that place due to Adern and what happened there.

Is it difficult getting work Visa?

Can't imagine it is straightforward.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
6 hours ago, cdd said:

The idea that basic housing is where it is today, near feudal, in this day and age, is shocking.

Yes it is shocking to a right minded person but they are not right minded persons, they are ignorant power hungry grifting narcissists those that rule over us...

And once on the gravy train of HPI regular folk are poachers become gamekeepers, cheerleaders for the insanity....I feel as many here do now we have passed the point of peak insanity.....but there won;t be many winners in what comes next.....it would have been better had it all never come about

Edited by staintunerider

HOLA443
8 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

As a Telegraph subscriber I can vouch for the fact that the Tories are hated more there than anywhere else, so yes, they are finished. The comments section is filled with visceral hatred for Sunak, Cameron, Hunt and the other soft left Lib Dem types that infested the party under Cameron. They completely betrayed their base, and those who have gone to Reform won’t come back…fool me once bla bla bla. Those who voted Brexit are prepared to stomach 5 years of Labour insanity to see the centre right undergo a transformation to make it electable. 

The obvious problem with this strategy is that Starmer by introducing 16 year old voting and voting for EU citizens who are UK residents will create a forever left wing state, that will be increasingly dominated by a growing Muslim population.

This country is absolutely ****ed. If Starmer wins, there will be no going back. Reform is the only hope, but unless people wake up quickly, they have no chance.

I’m starting to disengage with the whole thing here as I will be moving to New Zealand which has swung to a libertarian centre right way of thinking after Ardern’s toxic leftist authoritarian state. Their electoral system is much better than ours and is not dominated by two equally unelectable parties. 

If Labour or the Tories win I really do give up on this country. A hung Parliament with Reform and the Lib Dems holding the balance of power may salvage the situation.

Moving post Hovel and much wisdom contained there...

I kind of hope against hope for the hung parliament as you say but feel Labour will crush the tories regardless so the country is as you say totally *********

I just looked at some bookie odds....85% chance labour win...

Bookies know their stuff....

If ever there was a time for a knight in shining  armour to ride in it's now...I just hope Reform get their act together and pull off something incredible.....to change the balance of power....

Or else Blighty is going round the u bend but it probably is...

I wondered today if the pitiful Sunak will hold onto January 2025 such a spineless worm he is, i wouldnt bet against it!

HOLA444
28 minutes ago, staintunerider said:

Yes it is shocking to a right minded person but they are not right minded persons, they are ignorant power hungry grifting narcissists those that rule over us...

And once on the gravy train of HPI regular folk are poachers become gamekeepers, cheerleaders for the insanity....I feel as many here do now we have passed the point of peak insanity.....but there won;t be many winners in what comes next.....it would have been better had it all never come about

100% agree.  Using shelter as a weapon of control is lower than a snakes balls, but most of the country loves HPI, so they can reap the whirlwind.

HOLA445

People tend to have short memories. Do you remember how unpopular John Major's Government was in 1997 ?
The irony that things were actually going quite well back then but after Black Wednesday the majority of people thought that was in spite of the Government rather than because of it. The Great Financial Crisis was Labour's undoing especially after Gordon had claimed to put an end to boom and bust. As for the current Conservatives I guess most people would point to the cost of living crisis, and the failure to cut immigration after they voted Leave.   

We can only predict what the big Labour F-Up will be. What is certain is that it will cost tens of £ Billions. 

HOLA446
30 minutes ago, staintunerider said:

Moving post Hovel and much wisdom contained there...

I kind of hope against hope for the hung parliament as you say but feel Labour will crush the tories regardless so the country is as you say totally *********

I just looked at some bookie odds....85% chance labour win...

Bookies know their stuff....

If ever there was a time for a knight in shining  armour to ride in it's now...I just hope Reform get their act together and pull off something incredible.....to change the balance of power....

Or else Blighty is going round the u bend but it probably is...

I wondered today if the pitiful Sunak will hold onto January 2025 such a spineless worm he is, i wouldnt bet against it!

Was thinking this myself.

Leave it as late as they can.

However, it will backfire because things are deteriorating fast in the UK.

It's close to full on collapse mode.

HOLA447

Looking at the opinion polling, there are two significant dips in Tory party support:

undefined

1. Partygate, when Labour overtook the Tories.

2. Truss, when she was abysmal.

More recently, we have a small decline in the Tory figures, which I would not consider significant were it not for a significant uptick in support for the Reform party.

Reform went up with Truss being kicked out and a Biden-esque brown person taking over the Tory party and a more recent boost as the Tories just seem directionless.

But, the whole populist racist vote is typically about 13% and the Tories have largely lost that. About a third of the voting population still want to vote for them and they always well. A Labour Government not being racist enough/being woke would soon drive most Reform voters back to the Tories.

I do not see a difference here that makes it far worse that 1997:

undefined

HOLA448
43 minutes ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

People tend to have short memories. Do you remember how unpopular John Major's Government was in 1997 ?
The irony that things were actually going quite well back then but after Black Wednesday the majority of people thought that was in spite of the Government rather than because of it. The Great Financial Crisis was Labour's undoing especially after Gordon had claimed to put an end to boom and bust. As for the current Conservatives I guess most people would point to the cost of living crisis, and the failure to cut immigration after they voted Leave.   

We can only predict what the big Labour F-Up will be. What is certain is that it will cost tens of £ Billions. 

I think the big difference between the current Tories and the Thatcher/Major years is the lack of achievements.

You may or may not have agreed with various policies previously, but they got things done (sold off nationalised industries, cut taxes, built Canary Wharf, promoted and joined the Single Market).  This current regime seems to fail at anything it touches, whether it's HS2, clean water, keeping the nhs going, easing the tax burden etc. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Tories are absolute dog$hit for all the reasons mentioned, but the problem Labour will have is appeasing all the factions that make up their voting bloc.

Of interest given recent events and the elephant in the room, is watching Starmer's Labour trying to square the demands of the likes of the LGBTIA /feminist lobby with the competing demands of the BAME / Muslim bloc who are known amongst other things for their homophobia / misogyny.

Both voting blocs have been emboldened in recent years by both Labour, Tory alike and are, as far as i can see hold divergent views on matters pertaining to sex, gender, women, religion etc, yet both are required to get Labour over the line. I expect policy problems early on should Labour take power..................

HOLA4412
37 minutes ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

'Austerity'/smash the state + Brexit + Johnson + Truss + Corruption/Partygate  + sewage everywhere + misc bonkers/populist politics =  Britain broke and p1ssed off with it all.

HOLA4413

Has seemed pretty obvious for some time now that the Tories' internal battle is basically a naval gazing around the posing the question to oneself "what does it mean to be a Conservative". The complete and utter vacuum of Truss at CPAC or Lee Anderson against one nation Tories is where it ends up.

HOLA4414
26 minutes ago, pig said:

'Austerity'/smash the state + Brexit + Johnson + Truss + Corruption/Partygate  + sewage everywhere + misc bonkers/populist politics =  Britain broke and p1ssed off with it all.

Smash the state and replace it with a shopping mall owned by Americans.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
2 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

New Zealand. Emmmmmmm.

Would not have considered that place due to Adern and what happened there.

Is it difficult getting work Visa?

Can't imagine it is straightforward.

She should have built more social housing. Other than that, a world-beating Covid response and a vigorous trade & services recovery. 👏

Which presumably explains why she was elected PM twice, the second time with a record majority at the height of the pandemic.

• New Zealand’s two-way trade grew solidly in 2022 as global and domestic demand showed surprising resilience in the face of slowing global growth, rising inflation, and tightening credit conditions. The value of trade was also underpinned by an increase in global inflation to 8.8%, which supported the incomes of exporters but also added to the cost of imports.
  • New Zealand’s two-way trade value now sits at $197.0 billion, growing by 21% year on year. Total exports (goods and services) grew by 16% to $89.9 billion, while total imports grew by 25% to $107.1 billion.
  • Goods exports grew 13% to $72.0 billion for the year ending December 2022, while goods imports grew 21% to $80.1 billion.
  • Driven by the removal of COVID-19 restrictions, services exports are continuing their recovery, rising 28% to $17.9 billion and services imports rising 38% to $26.9 billion.
  • This recovery is in the face of significant international headwinds. In particular, Russia’s war on Ukraine exacerbated inflationary pressures and weighed heavily on growth prospects for a global economy that was still recovering from the effects of COVID-19. This will further delay the likelihood of a return to pre-pandemic global economic growth.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4417

I’ve never voted tory, never will, was obvs disappointed at the large majority bojo got on 2019 )largely on the back of brexit fatigue). Never in my wildest nightmares did I imagine the clown show that would ensue. The electorate wanted a Churchill reboot, they got the keystone cops on steroids.

i predict nothing less than tory wipeout.

HOLA4418
12 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

The sentiment is so anti-tory wherever I look it seems inevitable.

I tend to agree. I’m now so anti-Tory because they just not Tory and haven’t been for a long time.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Sackboii said:

I tend to agree. I’m now so anti-Tory because they just not Tory and haven’t been for a long time.

Exactly and they won't be Tory until every minister, senior or junior, who has held office since 2010 has permanently left the chamber.

HOLA4421
6 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Exactly and they won't be Tory until every minister, senior or junior, who has held office since 2010 has permanently left the chamber.

I'm not sure they can ever recover. Back in the late 2000s Theresa May told the Tory party conference that they need to stop being the nasty party. They just did it performatively for the sake of gaining power and then doubled down on the nastiness. I think you probably have to go back to the early Thatcher years to find any decency.

HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

I'm not sure they can ever recover. Back in the late 2000s Theresa May told the Tory party conference that they need to stop being the nasty party. They just did it performatively for the sake of gaining power and then doubled down on the nastiness. I think you probably have to go back to the early Thatcher years to find any decency.

I'm not predicting a Tory win but I think writing them off is very premature. At current odds I'd happily put a few grand on them as it'll only take a few tax cuts, house price boom and clever propaganda to swing the proles. 

HOLA4423
54 minutes ago, Stewy said:

I'm not predicting a Tory win but I think writing them off is very premature. At current odds I'd happily put a few grand on them as it'll only take a few tax cuts, house price boom and clever propaganda to swing the proles. 

They will win unless those that have had enough of one thing vote them not to win.....not unlike Brexit, it was only those that wanted change and voted got change......;)

HOLA4424
58 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Go ahead and lose some money. There's a survey out there showing majority of ppl would prefer funding services instead of tax cuts but yes the Tories will try the former as an election bribe, just shows how out of touch they are.

HOLA4425
23 minutes ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

Go ahead and lose some money. There's a survey out there showing majority of ppl would prefer funding services instead of tax cuts but yes the Tories will try the former as an election bribe, just shows how out of touch they are.

Didn't PM Truss suggest tax cuts and that essentially ended her tenure almost literally overnight?