HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

Black Monday was caused by the Government having a target.

Today it would be "The £ has slumped to 90 cents".

"Great. Now American Tourists will be able to buy more things"

And British people with the majority of their investments in non-GBP denominated currencies ;)

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
16 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Watching the pound slide this week...could we have a Black Monday???

Things will get tough,not sure whom i want to win the next election?

Tory will keep the Green fields?............stop anti-car actions?

Or Labour whom will build on EVERYTHING (Import new voters) & go to full WAR on cars.

I wonder when they see there is a cost both policy?

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Good riddance. Pity they managed to get as far as they did with this pointless, environmentally-desructive vanity project..

I agree , I don't have an interest in it personally, live in the south west.

But i genuinely don't understand the need for HS2 given how small the UK is 🤷

D

HOLA4415

These days even many developing countries have high speed rail systems. Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Laos, Turkey - these countries are supposed to be poorer and less technologically advanced than the UK. So why we cannot build a simple railway but these countries could ? 

HOLA4416

Facts are even if they build HS2, hich could have been a scaled back cheaper job with more money ploughed into regional upgrades, you still have a country where getting from East to West by train or vice versa is harder and more time conduming than getting London to Scotland.

Its mad planning where London has to be the hub of everything from trains to planes

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, AAA said:

These days even many developing countries have high speed rail systems. Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Laos, Turkey - these countries are supposed to be poorer and less technologically advanced than the UK. So why we cannot build a simple railway but these countries could ? 

GOV must have spent all the money on land and property purchase. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

They need to get the current links working properly. What clown gave Avanti an extension on the West Coast Mainline. Just back from a trip down just over 2 hours from Lancaster is fine for me get a coffee and look out the Window and you’re there if it’s running ok. However any issues as we had on the way back, 3 train loads on 1 train. I stood most the way. The HS2 money should be put into the existing west coast and east coast lines and run more trains North, people want a seat and to get back on time. We were 2 1/2 hours late 

Edited by sambino

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, btl_hater said:

It’s pathetic isn’t it. A country that can’t complete basic infrastructure projects.

Very, what a waste of money, think of what could have done with that, improvements that would have improve lives, opportunities and connectivity......useless, but to be expected, makes you wonder if these projects are to benefit those undertaking the project.

Brunel will be turning in his grave.😉

HOLA4423

Has it been officially confirmed? Media always talks about Birmingham to Manchester as if that is 1 phase. It’s already been split into 2 (2a to Crewe, 2b from Crewe to Manchester).

I thought 2a was still motoring ahead. Couple of day ago I got an email about the construction needed for the new 33kv power line needed for the TBMs and running the line eventually. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The whole bloody point was to link London the Edinburg, and bypass all these horrible places! And do it toot-sweet fast! 

the whole point was a fast train to link London-of-Scotland to London-Prime.

honestly is disgusting that we have even to think about any other ferral-barren-far flung outposts?!

they do not care about actual long linking up these ‘middle places’ it was NEVER about that. 

It was londoners to get to Edinburg, as their northern play area. 

Edited by jiltedjen