House Price Crash Forum

It's Halifax-Index-Eve (next thrilling installment in this tragi-comedy out 7am tomorrow) - place your bets now!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

We are living the greatest moment in HPC history, where home"owners", mortgage prisoners, and landlord scum have painful yet valuable lessons about debt branded onto their tender parts. This is no time for walking away or kneeling in front of those who wish us harm. Dare to dream in this magnificent time to be alive.

A 0.7% drop from me then, feck yeah :)

HOLA445

Registers of Scotland published January 2023 data. 

https://www.ros.gov.uk/data-and-statistics/house-price-statistics

The Scottish average peaked at 223k last year but is now 213k. Locally though there are some impressive falls over the last 5-6 months…

Edinburgh 292k fall from 325k.

Aberdeen 170k from 213k.

Glasgow 193k from 213k.

Perth & Kinross 230k from 264k.

Scottish Borders 221k from 248k.

All of those peak figures are from Autumn/Winter 2022 but these new lows are working their way towards 2020/2021 averages!

HOLA446
HOLA447
29 minutes ago, Huggy said:

We are living the greatest moment in HPC history, where home"owners", mortgage prisoners, and landlord scum have painful yet valuable lessons about debt branded onto their tender parts. This is no time for walking away or kneeling in front of those who wish us harm. Dare to dream in this magnificent time to be alive.

A 0.7% drop from me then, feck yeah :)

Woah! I'd hate to be an unwary landlord scum who accidently runs into you.

frustration-angry.gif.5bf3b902882ed5e85b2cdd9ab8dc71fb.gif

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It is a single data point from a volatile index. It doesn't make much sense to predict it.

I predict NW and HF will average to about -0.3 to -0.4 most months. Some will be less. Some will be more. 

A negative will be very nicely received though as it would be further evidence the crash is continuing. 

Edited by henry the king

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

I swear if house prices don’t collapse within the next 12 months I’ll make plans to move somewhere else.

No idea about your feelings but so many years into this game and I’m starting to get tired. I’ve had enough. 

They aren't going to just collapse 40% in 12 months. 

It will be a longer process. 

A rapid crash is about -8% a year nominally. Given wages going up that would be exceptionally quick declines. Expecting more than that is kind of delusional imo.

Even during the most crazy HPI of all time in 2021-2022 due to furlough cash and massive QE we only saw +10-12% or something and remember 0% is actually house price falls as inflation is a part of our system (i.e. if house prices went +0% for the next 30 years they would be very cheap at the end of it without any nominal falls). 

So vs wages even in the most crazy period we were probably about +8% YoY. We are currently down 8% vs wages in the last 6 months ALONE.

We are in a rapid crash.

Edited by henry the king

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
20 minutes ago, Homeless Millionaire said:

A big chunk, -2.4% 

Bold move. I respect that.

Much more than the scotch guy before who isn't willing to put a number.

Wrong or right, at least you put your balls on the table and let the chips fall where they may.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
5 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Linky.

I can't be bothered to guess as it'd be just that.. but I'll obviously be rejoicing to see another sizeable drop after last month's decidely on the fence zero percent change.

Predictions please, folks; if you feel so inclined :)

Not sure it matters too much, seasonally adjusted, outlier weighted or whatever.

Just sniff around Rightmove .. chunks coming off, EA's have minimal transactions, many will be boarded up by Autumn.

Maybe we will get the delis back on the high street as opposed to rows of EA's.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425