HOLA441
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
10 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

Yum indeed. My appetite is insatiable this month year, no matter what is fed to me.

One post jumped out. I'm not sure if she means 4.5% base rate or 4.5% mortgage rate (probably the latter), but how the hell did she get herself into a position where anything other than emergency low rates are going to feck her. Was she expecting the base rate to bounce between 0.5% and 1.5% for the next few decades?

I need to find a quadruple facepalm picture, preferably a Star Trek:TNG one.

"StillMissV · Today 14:49

No, you're rightly terrified - I'm shitting it as we can probably manage 4.5% but anything above that is going to cripple us"

Edited by Huggy

HOLA444

I've also noticed from a few replies they can freely swear over there but we can't here. Bit sexist innit?

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Yum indeed. My appetite is insatiable this month year, no matter what is fed to me.

One post jumped out. I'm not sure if she means 4.5% base rate or 4.5% mortgage rate (probably the latter), but how the hell did she get herself into a position where anything other than emergency low rates are going to feck her. Was she expecting the base rate to bounce between 0.5% and 1.5% for the next few decades?

No, you're rightly terrified - I'm shitting it as we can probably manage 4.5% but anything above that is going to cripple us"

These people should all have been stress-tested to rates of about 7% if they've taken out a mortgage in past few years (+3% stress test only scrapped earlier this year)

Edited by Clarky Cat

HOLA446
HOLA447
8 minutes ago, Huggy said:

A LOT of women on MN are divorced/separated and primary carers of the kids. So they stretch themselves to buy out the family house. 

Any self employed man in the UK can easily avoid paying child support. The women have to let them see the kids anyway by law so what’s the point.

Short answer: failed relationships and low interest = doom

Edited by PeanutButter

HOLA448

I work in the Home Office, in the place i work there are a large number of policemen who are "Suddenly single". Most where based in London & are 50 something........The ex wifes got the House & Hell of a lot more.

I often wonder if the house & his pension was worth bugger all......we she have left him?

mike

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
51 minutes ago, debtslave said:

"August is still some time away and (other than the doomsdayers), no one can accurately predict what may happen by then. Don’t spend the next 11 months stressing."

Bit optimistic there.....even the BoE aren't predicting inflation to be under control by then. 

70s inflation was high for a decade.

I hope they're not reading this website full of losers....

Anyway, 11 weeks till my 1st ski holiday of the season. Toodle-pip.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412

It is not just mumsnet, even the people I work with are shitting it, makes me wonder why I am so smug I will get hit as well, what goes around comes around 

HOLA4413
51 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

A LOT of women on MN are divorced/separated and primary carers of the kids. So they stretch themselves to buy out the family house. 

Any self employed man in the UK can easily avoid paying child support. The women have to let them see the kids anyway by law so what’s the point.

Short answer: failed relationships and low interest = doom

Dude, sounds like your predicament. Forced onto PAYE on inside IR35 hurts.

HOLA4414
13 minutes ago, shlomo said:

It is not just mumsnet, even the people I work with are shitting it, makes me wonder why I am so smug I will get hit as well, what goes around comes around 

We're all fukked in the end buddy.

Me, u all of us.

But at least we'll go out jammin' like Elvin Bad Boy Bishop as it all comes apart.

HOLA4415
14 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

That’s a bit harsh, there will be people actually hanging themselves over this so I wouldn’t joke about it.

No matter how much you dislike the indebted, surely you must have some sympathy for the innocent family members?

Yeah, I agree, it's very harsh.

You see what the governments have done to us? all we want is shelter / roof over our heads for a decent price.  They have have focused our productivity on the financial markets and selling ever increasing sh!tboxes to each other,with low IR's, whilst intentionally keeping the majority financially illiterate.

The MN brigade, consider us loons for wanting HPC, as they felt smug,richer about there rising networth based on their home or BTL empire HPI.

A lot of mortgages are paid off or taken out many years ago where these increases won't have much affect.  It's the more recent people who were outbidding each other during Covid with furlough cash/stamp duty holiday and fake easy to claim liar business loans who shall be screwed... oh well, you got what you outbid the others for, your agreement is still the same and you would have been stress tested.  If you can't afford sell and move elsewhere like everyone else who can't afford to buy or rent where they want.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I quite like The Sun's take on it. "Bricking it". Geddit?

They even put "House Prices Soar" in there too. Well, I paraphrase, the cost is soaring, but that's the same thing innit?

The Sun Bricking It.jpg

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Fook 'em.  Let them all burn in the devil's fire of borrowing worthless fiat to appear wealthy.

And let your job evaporate in a puff of logic, because if you are that simple minded it’s going to.

honestly, the hatred here is breathtaking and breathtakingly stupid. unless you are a lord of some kind (you ain’t) in your circle jerk wet dream you are ******ed too. Rightly so, rejoicing in the misery of others.

I actually get what some mumsnetters say sometimes. some of us are actually unhinged.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, TerryBoi said:

We're all fukked in the end buddy.

Me, u all of us.

But at least we'll go out jammin' like Elvin Bad Boy Bishop as it all comes apart.

Indeed ! just today the little old widow lady in the 5 bed across the road from me that lived on her own was carted out in a body bag to the awaiting black private ambulance.

Everyone knows how it ends, that's why the behaviour of our elite is disgusting and vile to blow this up funded by retards happy to take on eye watering amounts of debt for trash. 

Such a short time here and look how we behave. 

1 hour ago, msi said:

Really  @longgone really?  I'm not going to even quote that

Equality that is, the only one your going to get. 

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Debt Slaves said:

That’s a bit harsh, there will be people actually hanging themselves over this so I wouldn’t joke about it.

No matter how much you dislike the indebted, surely you must have some sympathy for the innocent family members?

No one cried for the prudent and cautious of the last 14 years. No one cried for the priced out. No one cried for renters or those who had to pay a mortgage on one salary, or families broken up by unnatural living conditions and split up miles apart because of costs. No one cried for savers.

😴 i sleep sound inflation or no inflation. Feck the lot.

HOLA4421
56 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

And let your job evaporate in a puff of logic, because if you are that simple minded it’s going to.

honestly, the hatred here is breathtaking and breathtakingly stupid. unless you are a lord of some kind (you ain’t) in your circle jerk wet dream you are ******ed too. Rightly so, rejoicing in the misery of others.

I actually get what some mumsnetters say sometimes. some of us are actually unhinged.

Rejoicing in the misery of others is what the SUV driving class have been doing for years though. Why do you think we hear so many stories about how smart they are for buying a house.

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, longgone said:

No one cried for the prudent and cautious of the last 14 years. No one cried for the priced out. No one cried for renters or those who had to pay a mortgage on one salary, or families broken up by unnatural living conditions and split up miles apart because of costs. No one cried for savers.

Exactly

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Debt Slaves said:

Yeah, I agree, it's very harsh.

You see what the governments have done to us? all we want is shelter / roof over our heads for a decent price.  They have have focused our productivity on the financial markets and selling ever increasing sh!tboxes to each other,with low IR's, whilst intentionally keeping the majority financially illiterate.

(...)

Yes.

This is all we want, and those of us who have it now want it for the rest.

Is that so hard to understand?

HOLA4424
29 minutes ago, longgone said:

What an awful human you must be.

Honestly I'm currently in an ok position, but I would never wish ruin on anybody.

There seem to be many people on HPC, that consider themselves frugal or something, but actually they are the jackals/hyena's of society.

I honestly can see the reasons for HPC and how it can benefit many, but it doesn't answer societies questions.

There is a good chance that hard working people, Doctors, teachers, builders and binmen will all get caught up in this, there is something really wrong with the country and the world, but taking pleasure in working peoples misery, is literally the lowest echelon anyone could climb to/decend to

HOLA4425

Where does it say i am getting pleasure from any of this exactly ??

Not awful just realistic ! soon to be homeless idiots are of no concearn to me, i took responsibilty did the right thing in life and got shat on by the very system you seem to think is fair. Until the chit lands on your door step you will never understand.

The system wished ruin on savers did it not, 14 years at 0.05% spend what you have its worth nothing they said. 

It bent every method of measuring inflation to suit the debt forever narrative buddy, who the feck cried for the frugal then ?? Houses were never measured against inflation so what are all these pansies worried about.   

Just pay more for the next decade or two, that's what the Ea's told me after pushing the same 250k house to 800k in under a decade. 

😴

9 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

What an awful human you must be.

Honestly I'm currently in an ok position, but I would never wish ruin on anybody.

There seem to be many people on HPC, that consider themselves frugal or something, but actually they are the jackals/hyena's of society.

I honestly can see the reasons for HPC and how it can benefit many, but it doesn't answer societies questions.

There is a good chance that hard working people, Doctors, teachers, builders and binmen will all get caught up in this, there is something really wrong with the country and the world, but taking pleasure in working peoples misery, is literally the lowest echelon anyone could climb to/decend to