House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
  • Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
45 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

There's no reason to think the war is coming to our shores if effort is made to avoid escalation. This is especially important because if it reaches that point it's game over for everyone. The West cannot act, it would be the worst mistake ever.

Whatever resources Russia can gain from Ukraine they won't make up for the losses that going in has caused. This has severel weakened, not strenghtened Russia, recovery will take many, many years and by the time it recovers Putin will be dead anyway. Russia's not going to be in a position to be a threat for a long time, well, other than the sort of threat that gets itself destroyed along with everyone else.

Thus the most important goal is to NOT escalate Ukraine in to WWIII. As much pressure as can be applied without stepping over that line, yes, but no more.

The war was here a long time ago. Not a hot war, not nuclear, but corrupting and evil. It has to be stopped and undone. We need action and we need the truth. There is huge risk, but making Putin look weak and foolish is important to prevent further attacks from Sauds, Xi and others.

• Salisbury Chemical weapons
  • London radioactive poisoning
  • Number of odd deaths in UK of Putin's critics
  • ERG takeover of Conservative Party. Funding, direction and support from loss making media
  • Brexit
  • Culture Wars, hate, division in UK and many other countries
  • Bribery, corruption, laundering stolen money, parking money in UK - often overpriced UK homes, trickling down to the rest of us.

HOLA443
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

I keep half expecting to hear that Putin has been deposed and Russian troops are leaving Ukraine. 

Well my generally pessimistic nature labels that as "too good to be true," but stranger things have happened and I get the impression there's not a great deal of enthusiasm for his actions within senior Russians...

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, NorthamptonBear said:

The war was here a long time ago. Not a hot war, not nuclear, but corrupting and evil. It has to be stopped and undone. We need action and we need the truth. There is huge risk, but making Putin look weak and foolish is important to prevent further attacks from Sauds, Xi and others.

• Salisbury Chemical weapons
  • London radioactive poisoning
  • Number of odd deaths in UK of Putin's critics
  • ERG takeover of Conservative Party. Funding, direction and support from loss making media
  • Brexit
  • Culture Wars, hate, division in UK and many other countries
  • Bribery, corruption, laundering stolen money, parking money in UK - often overpriced UK homes, trickling down to the rest of us.

I remember wondering how on earth Christopher Steele was still alive.

HOLA445
HOLA446
13 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I remember wondering how on earth Christopher Steele was still alive.

Oh, that Christopher Steele? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Steele 

Putin is an organised criminal, using networks, professional media, lobbyists, financial and legal advisors,  - these networks must be broken - the criminals and their enablers must distrust others, we need some serious work to make them inform on others, break the silence and trust

My emphasis

case officer for Alexander Litvinenko and participated in the investigation of the Litvinenko poisoning in 2006.[18] It was Steele who quickly realised that Litvinenko's death "was a Russian state 'hit'".[25] Twelve years later, Russian double agent Boris Karpichkov alleged that Steele himself was included in a hit list of the Russian Federal Security Service, along with Sergei Skripal who was poisoned in 2018 by a binary chemical weapon Novichok in Britain.[26]

Since 2009, Steele has not been to Russia or any other former Soviet states. In 2012, an Orbis informant quoted an FSB-agent describing him as an "enemy of Mother Russia".[10] Steele has refrained from travelling to the United States since his authorship of the Steele dossier became public, citing the political and legal situation.[27]

In 2012, Orbis was sub-contracted by a law firm representing Oleg Deripaska,[28] who was also a "person of interest" to the Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation into Russia's election interference.[29] Between 2014 and 2016, together with Bruce Ohr, Steele cooperated with the FBI's and Justice Department's unsuccessful efforts to flip Deripaska into an informant

Edited by NorthamptonBear

HOLA447

I realize that Russian's, generally, are not the sharpest knives in any box of cutlery but they must know deep down their leader is Gay. They probably feel too embarrassed to face it.

Those gay photo's he spread around, mostly showing his nipples and topless. He is no longer even trying to hide it, have you seen his latest walk? It's all cringeworthy. Wonder what his boyfriend thinks?

Expecting a b..o..t. response. 

HOLA448
3 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

I realize that Russian's, generally, are not the sharpest knives in any box of cutlery but they must know deep down their leader is Gay. They probably feel too embarrassed to face it.

Those gay photo's he spread around, mostly showing his nipples and topless. He is no longer even trying to hide it, have you seen his latest walk? It's all cringeworthy. Wonder what his boyfriend thinks?

I'd have a least a tiny bit of respect for him if he came out of the closet. Suppose he's brave enough to blow up civilians but not brave enough to admit his homosexuality.

HOLA449

How the hell have we ended up with a gay pirate-gangster in charge of a nuclear arsenal?

It all feels a bit apocalyptic..

So Putin invades Ukraine worried about Nato membership - then Finland & Sweden look to join..

Mr Gun, may I introduce you to Mr Foot?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 hours ago, anonguest said:

Pose that question to the authors of the article.

I offer no opinion on the article. I am still 'digesting' it. Have you read the entire article?

For example this excerpt:

"A few days ago Americans tried to set Poland against Russia in that they suggested to Warsaw that it send Soviet-made MiG aircraft to Ukraine. Though the Polish authorities usually oblige the West’s wishes, this time they had second thoughts about the proposal and replied that they were ready to send the said aircraft to the American air base in Rammstein so that Americans could pass them over to Kiev. And you know what? Washington was beside itself with annoyance! You see? The dog was expected to bite the bear, with the dog’s owner watching from the sidelines and biding his time. "

I have no idea what the authors point is, but that is a flat out lie.

Poland offered to give the MiGs to Ukraine and the USA blocked it. The Poles are so determined to help Ukraine that they will almost certainly intervene in the air and ground if Russia approaches Lviv.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
37 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

Defo repressed gay. Hitler couldn’t get a stiffy apparently (anecdote from a friend of a friends great aunt).
Upshot- many died.

HOLA4415
On 10/03/2022 at 23:21, Si1 said:

Sadly, I understand the Russians are inching towards some kind of military strategic victory. The only question is will their money to pay for it run out first?

Yes, sadly it does. But phase/stage 2 will last a long time.

It is frustrating that we cannot get information on the real situation, but from everything I can gather the Russians are making very slow and painful progress. There are more covert operations than I have had hot dinners, so the actual military situation is left to eyewitness accounts, propaganda and speculation.

It does seem though, that the Russians are getting stretched both logistically and economically and are turning to more drastic actions. Chemical and other illegal weapons of war with the ultimate use of nuclear cannot be ruled out. The cost of this war must be taking an enormous strain on the Russian economy, how long can it last?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Ooh, I wonder which side China might be on?

Ukraine: How China is censoring online discussion of the war
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60684682

Information = what "we" (the authorities) say.
Misinformation = whatever goes against what "we" say.

I guess it's been like that in China for a while. We only experienced this during the coronavirus pandemic.

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/3640

What happens when Ukrainian infantry attack (very short range) a Russian armoured column.

Some fight.

Most run away.

On foot.

Ok to inject ten seconds of reality and not take a side.

That is a snap ambush with vehicle riders as well in the armoured column. The dismounts run to the opposite side of the road as they in the killing zone of an ambush. Its an anti-ambush drill.

I realise most people are new to this but if they go towards the shot they block return fire from the rest of the column, so they go to where the enemy is not - the right of picture as nobody is shit enough to position their own people both sides of an ambush.

The missile looks like a remote trigger too from my POV. Anyone firing from there without follow-up fire is dead, big balls are great but not needed.

There's also a blast higher in the woods prior to fire. Unknown what cause.

Basically the column reacts how you should once pinged. Extract everyone from harms way and engage the position.

Again I realise this is a struggle for most people who only watch films but sitting in the kill zone while Arnie puts holes in you, with you only being able to hit the water cooler and trees in return is just that, Hollywood.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 minute ago, FallingAwake said:

I guess it's been like that in China for a while. We only experienced this during the coronavirus pandemic.

Why did they lock up Assange and Manning ? Our media consists of the BBC and Murdoch , the US is controlled by a handful of outlets now . Bill Cooper was labelled the most dangerous radio show host in the US , he warned his listeners 3 months before 9/11 that they were planning a terrorist false flag attack on the US and they would blame bin Laden for it , he told them it was a set up and not to believe it . The police turned up at his home 2 months after 9/11 and shot him dead. They have just banned RT from the airways and the Western media , why? We have a Govt that has been lying to us on a daily basis for years , Jonhson couldn't lie straight in bed . Bush refused to hold an enquiry into 9/11 for almost 18 months then refused to testify publicly or under oath or without Cheney accompanying him on the witness stand. They spent more money investigating the stain on Monica Lewinsky's dress than the largest terrorist attack in history. If you trust Johnson or the media to tell you the truth then you will be lied to , again. Question everything whether it comes from RT or the BBC and CNN as  they have an agenda to fulfil. Of course you could always believe that Saddam had WMDs and we just haven't found them yet but hey ho it's only 1 million foreign types. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

Why did they lock up Assange and Manning ? Our media consists of the BBC and Murdoch , the US is controlled by a handful of outlets now . Bill Cooper was labelled the most dangerous radio show host in the US , he warned his listeners 3 months before 9/11 that they were planning a terrorist false flag attack on the US and they would blame bin Laden for it , he told them it was a set up and not to believe it . The police turned up at his home 2 months after 9/11 and shot him dead. They have just banned RT from the airways and the Western media , why? We have a Govt that has been lying to us on a daily basis for years , Jonhson couldn't lie straight in bed . Bush refused to hold an enquiry into 9/11 for almost 18 months then refused to testify publicly or under oath or without Cheney accompanying him on the witness stand. They spent more money investigating the stain on Monica Lewinsky's dress than the largest terrorist attack in history. If you trust Johnson or the media to tell you the truth then you will be lied to , again. Question everything whether it comes from RT or the BBC and CNN as  they have an agenda to fulfil. Of course you could always believe that Saddam had WMDs and we just haven't found them yet but hey ho it's only 1 million foreign types. 

I do question everything. (Or at least, enough stuff that I care about, and/or can keep track of.)

I agree that Western leaders and the media often lie or manipulate as well.

I just happened to point out that China is exercising censorship more blatantly in the case of Ukraine / Russia, and much more in favour of Russia... so clearly the Chinese state is not impartial, as some seem to think it might be.

HOLA4425

China won't want to see Russia fall as they share a huge border, they would not want to defend against any western friendly advances. Think of Russia like a big buffer, as is N. Korea is to absorb the US friendly south.