BOE confrims it "will have to act" to curb inflation

HOLA441
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Yes. I have pointed out they have chosen this path. 

They wont raise rates in December either 

No they wont, even if they did, 0.15%?  with inflation expectations of 5%, they are f**king lying like they did in:

If they have lied for that long, changes are they'll keep lying.

The way I now look at is is, the collapsed banking system from 2007 has now collapsed further and it is going to take the currency down.

If you see any other plausible explanation then I'd like to hear it.  If there is none, then you'd be made to not try and protect yourself.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

BOE confrims it "won't ever have to act" to curb inflation

That's the reality. They British establishment are the biggest #### in history, they've seen millions die in wars, famines, invasions, just to line their pockets and/or maintain their position. 

They can convince adults to go out and die to maintain their position. 

Robbing 30,000,000 'British' people of a % of their earnings/savings or selling them a massively overpriced slave box which they'll need to spent 40 years working for, paying them 50% of their earnings in tax as they go, is not something I expect these evil ####s would think twice about. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446
17 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No they wont, even if they did, 0.15%?  with inflation expectations of 5%, they are f**king lying like they did in:

If they have lied for that long, changes are they'll keep lying.

The way I now look at is is, the collapsed banking system from 2007 has now collapsed further and it is going to take the currency down.

If you see any other plausible explanation then I'd like to hear it.  If there is none, then you'd be made to not try and protect yourself.

Rates ought to be 5%+ right now .

What is their excuse? It's not plausible to perpetually keep them at 0%. 

To do so is reckless and we'll soon see the folly of it.

Edited by Warlord

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Rates ought to be 5%+ right now .

What is their excuse? It's not plausible to perpetually keep them at 0%. 

To do so is reckless and we'll soon see the folly of it.

Warlord, I came to the conclusion some time ago...they simply do not give a f**k and will happily collapse the £.

The real people in charge own land/houses/business no matter what, they keep their wealth.

See post above.

The only thing that will stop them now is civil unrest but the British people are so compliant and/or up to their necks in the ponzi scam there is no appetite to do this, no understanding that is going on, so collapse, IMHO, is nailed on.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Warlord, I came to the conclusion some time ago...they simply do not give a f**k and will happily collapse the £.

The real people in charge own land/houses/business no matter what, they keep their wealth.

See post above.

The only thing that will stop them now is civil unrest but the British people are so compliant and/or up to their necks in the ponzi scam there is no appetite to do this, no understanding that is going on, so collapse, IMHO, is nailed on.

The banksters no longer play by the normal rules since being given  "independence" to run amok by that idiot Brown.

This is why the markets keep expecting the rate rise that never comes! 

In times gone by, perhaps...  But not these days.

I'd like to know their excuse for keeping allegedly emergency ZIRP in place perpetually?! If we're recovering as an economy then they should raise rates.  Even after 2007 rates were 5, 4, 2% . NOT Zero.

This is something NEW and very unusual.

Edited by Warlord

HOLA449
2 hours ago, Warlord said:

End of 2019 the FED had to start shovelling vast sums of money into the "repo".

2 weeks later the CV19 stuff started.

Im not one for conspiracy theories but that is some lucky coincidence.

Roll on 18 months, the rich are trillions better off, the markets at new highs and house prices at insane levels around the world.

This is "very unusual".

Now they wheel out this new green economy.

I am starting to think this new green economy is being invested so the parasitic banking class have something to lend on because the housing market is well and truly dead.

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Warlord said:

The banksters no longer play by the normal rules since being given  "independence" to run amok by that idiot Brown.

This is why the markets keep expecting the rate rise that never comes! 

In times gone by, perhaps...  But not these days.

I'd like to know their excuse for keeping allegedly emergency ZIRP in place perpetually?! If we're recovering as an economy then they should raise rates.  Even after 2007 rates were 5, 4, 2% . NOT Zero.

It is simply that we are not "recovering" and they know this, bottle necks in supply lines causing short term inflation because people are too ill or too scared to work in factories isn`t a recovery? They have to keep the powder very dry in case there is an "event" that forces their hand at some point, but at this point I think more lock down and return to lower growth/dis-inflation is more likely.

HOLA4411
57 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

End of 2019 the FED had to start shovelling vast sums of money into the "repo".

2 weeks later the CV19 stuff started.

Im not one for conspiracy theories but that is some lucky coincidence.

Roll on 18 months, the rich are trillions better off, the markets at new highs and house prices at insane levels around the world.

This is "very unusual".

Now they wheel out this new green economy.

I am starting to think this new green economy is being invested so the parasitic banking class have something to lend on because the housing market is well and truly dead.

I tend to agree with most of that, the timing of Covid is "interesting" shall we say, and for sure the bankers will be trying to make out on the green, but as smaller investors we too should be looking carefully at the pitfalls and opportunities of the New Green World (Sci- fi novel title there somewhere if anyone wants it, LOL)

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4412
On 04/11/2021 at 12:33, Warlord said:

Yes. I have pointed out they have chosen this path. 

They wont raise rates in December either 

I believed the BOE would leave rates unchanged until February.

I now believe they have to increase rates by a token amount to 0.25% in December. I do not think they have a choice. They will be forced to increase rates again in February up to at least 0.5% but we know this won’t be enough, and this will only be the start.

I believe this not because I think the BOE want to or are doing so out of any rational reasoning but because they will be forced to.

In the real-world prices are increasing at an exponential rate and I am seeing price increases north of 50% p.a. with prices increases over the last few days getting much higher. This will be the same for most businesses.

Good news? container prices have levelled off at around $10,500 USD Great. But it was only 18 months ago the price was $800 USD!

Most of the massive increases I have seen in the last few days have been in imported goods including plastic, rubber and steel goods. Silicone based products, as most people are aware, have risen approx. 85% over the last 12 months but I have just been informed there will be a further increase of 30% in January, unfortunately you cannot speculate and buy stock early as only available stock at current prices. A washer order I have just placed for $87,200 USD would have cost me $51,300 USD in September 2020. Everything made in China is increasing on a daily/weekly basis and orders are now subject to possible increases during manufacture.

Yes, the shipping cost will stabilize and slowly come down but to nowhere near the prices we had been used to, but every product, no matter what it is made out of, will be more expensive and getting more expensive all the time.

It is all unfolding very quickly, much faster than the BOE and FED had predicted, and as you have been predicting which others have been mocking, there is a real possibility we could see hyperinflation or something that looks and feels very similar.

This massive inflation we have been seeing for quite some time now in business, which is increasing, has to find its way into that CPI basket no matter how selective they are on the contents.

I expect a record rise in the CPI figure on the 10th of December. Lowest of 4.4% and possibly over 5% Which will force the pathetically low token rise to 0.25%

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413
On 05/11/2021 at 18:13, Flat Bear said:

I now believe they have to increase rates by a token amount to 0.25% in December. I do not think they have a choice. They will be forced to increase rates again in February up to at least 0.5% but we know this won’t be enough, and this will only be the start.

I believe this not because I think the BOE want to or are doing so out of any rational reasoning but because they will be forced to.

In the real-world prices are increasing at an exponential rate and I am seeing price increases north of 50% p.a. with prices increases over the last few days getting much higher. This will be the same for most businesses.

Good news? container prices have levelled off at around $10,500 USD Great. But it was only 18 months ago the price was $800 USD!

Most of the massive increases I have seen in the last few days have been in imported goods including plastic, rubber and steel goods. Silicone based products, as most people are aware, have risen approx. 85% over the last 12 months but I have just been informed there will be a further increase of 30% in January, unfortunately you cannot speculate and buy stock early as only available stock at current prices. A washer order I have just placed for $87,200 USD would have cost me $51,300 USD in September 2020. Everything made in China is increasing on a daily/weekly basis and orders are now subject to possible increases during manufacture.

Yes, the shipping cost will stabilize and slowly come down but to nowhere near the prices we had been used to, but every product, no matter what it is made out of, will be more expensive and getting more expensive all the time.

It is all unfolding very quickly, much faster than the BOE and FED had predicted, and as you have been predicting which others have been mocking, there is a real possibility we could see hyperinflation or something that looks and feels very similar.

This massive inflation we have been seeing for quite some time now in business, which is increasing, has to find its way into that CPI basket no matter how selective they are on the contents.

I expect a record rise in the CPI figure on the 10th of December. Lowest of 4.4% and possibly over 5% Which will force the pathetically low token rise to 0.25%

4.2% ? They are having a giraffe now. 

That "basket" of goods they are measuring is absolute b##l#ks

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Great post!

HOLA4416

A washer order I have just placed for $87,200 USD would have cost me $51,300 USD in September 2020. Everything made in China is increasing on a daily/weekly basis and orders are now subject to possible increases during manufacture.

2 hours ago, Flat Bear said:

4.2% ? They are having a giraffe now. 

That "basket" of goods they are measuring is absolute b##l#ks

I have been one of those "mocking" talk of hyperinflation and I'm very happy to keep mocking it.  Much as those who write about the NHS as "third world healthcare" have clearly never been to a third world country and seen the true horror of what those words can mean, so people who bandy about "hyperinflation" think that we have hyperinflation because a block of cheese that was £1.00 is now £1.25.  Most of them have never seen hyperinflation and don't really understand what they are saying.

Once again @Flat Bearyou are looking at manufacturing input prices and wondering why the consumer prices index doesn't reflect them.   Most people's biggest expenses are things like housing, energy, petrol and council tax.  The cost of importing washers from China does not feature.  Yes some of it will eventually work into the cost of manufactured goods where these feature in the index, but the average person just doesn't spend much money on these things.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, adarmo said:

Great post!

Thank you

2 hours ago, A.steve said:

Are you suggesting there has been a hedonic adjustment to include a substantial sovereign debt service cost? 😛

Yes

38 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

I have been one of those "mocking" talk of hyperinflation and I'm very happy to keep mocking it.  Much as those who write about the NHS as "third world healthcare" have clearly never been to a third world country and seen the true horror of what those words can mean, so people who bandy about "hyperinflation" think that we have hyperinflation because a block of cheese that was £1.00 is now £1.25.  Most of them have never seen hyperinflation and don't really understand what they are saying.

Once again @Flat Bearyou are looking at manufacturing input prices and wondering why the consumer prices index doesn't reflect them.   Most people's biggest expenses are things like housing, energy, petrol and council tax.  The cost of importing washers from China does not feature.  Yes some of it will eventually work into the cost of manufactured goods where these feature in the index, but the average person just doesn't spend much money on these things.

We do not seem to be living on the same Planet or possibly Universe

HOLA4418
40 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

"Most people's biggest expenses are things like housing, energy, petrol and council tax."

So how much are these things going up?

Housing costs are up well over 10%. Energy costs are up even more. Petrol prices are again over 10% higher and council tax is likely to be well over the 8% that is being suggested. Where does the 4.2% come into the reckoning?

HOLA4419
On 11/4/2021 at 10:13 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

BOE confrims it "won't ever have to act" to curb inflation

That's the reality. They British establishment are the biggest #### in history, they've seen millions die in wars, famines, invasions, just to line their pockets and/or maintain their position. 

They can convince adults to go out and die to maintain their position. 

Robbing 30,000,000 'British' people of a % of their earnings/savings or selling them a massively overpriced slave box which they'll need to spent 40 years working for, paying them 50% of their earnings in tax as they go, is not something I expect these evil ####s would think twice about. 

Finally you understand Bitcoin. 🤣

HOLA4420
22 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

"Most people's biggest expenses are things like housing, energy, petrol and council tax."

So how much are these things going up?

Housing costs are up well over 10%. Energy costs are up even more. Petrol prices are again over 10% higher and council tax is likely to be well over the 8% that is being suggested. Where does the 4.2% come into the reckoning?

VCR recorders are down.  

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

West started importing deflation from China in the late 90s

We are now importing inflation from China.

uk-base-rates-79-17-600x438.png.webp

You need to look back to late 90s for base rates.

HOLA4425