House Price Crash Forum

How do you stop the migrants crossing the channel

FANG

HOLA441
37 minutes ago, markyh said:

Absolutely, you need at least 30 x 30 year "generations" of family history to be a true brit imho, i have family history back to before the Normans arrived in 1066. 

Once your family has 1000 years under it's belt on at least one side,(better if both sides) you are a "citizen" ,everyone else with less is an immigrant, whatever colour.

You’re not going back far enough

You need to have proven ancestry going back way before the Cretaceous period and ideally into the Jurassic. Those that go back to the Triassic or before are just being silly.

We still talk about auntie Dilop the old fossil. sigh.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 hours ago, markyh said:

Absolutely, you need at least 30 x 30 year "generations" of family history to be a true brit imho, i have family history back to before the Normans arrived in 1066. 

Once your family has 1000 years under it's belt on at least one side,(better if both sides) you are a "citizen" ,everyone else with less is an immigrant, whatever colour.

True Brits should be easy to spot then...they'll be the ones wearing loin cloths and bear skins.... not seen to many of those around Tesco's lately.

I sympathise with your POV tho...I'd like all the people in my village to be from the village...local shops for local people....

image.png.69215416caca08a578f1a8d6bc6ef2b5.png

HOLA443
9 hours ago, IMHAL said:

True Brits should be easy to spot then...they'll be the ones wearing loin cloths and bear skins.... not seen to many of those around Tesco's lately.

I sympathise with your POV tho...I'd like all the people in my village to be from the village...local shops for local people....

image.png.69215416caca08a578f1a8d6bc6ef2b5.png

Lest we also forget they will be surrender monkeys who were happy to be ruled by every invader going. If everyone has to be 30x30 to not be a citizen every monarch was pretty much or very much a foreigner since 1066.

HOLA444
13 hours ago, Save me from the madness! said:

France has a land mass 126% larger than the UK. The UK is a similar land mass and economic development to New Zealand so I think that should be the UK comparitor. 

Financially though far more refugees can be helped in camps in neighbouring countries rather then housing them in Europe at tremendous extra cost. It is the refugees to poor to afford the people smugglers left behind that I worry about. 

It's nice to be an island not bordering on the war zones you create. We can go and bomb the cr4p out of some poor country then tell their neighbours that they have to take all the refugees "because it makes no sense for them to come and be near us".

HOLA445
23 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

It's nice to be an island not bordering on the war zones you create. We can go and bomb the cr4p out of some poor country then tell their neighbours that they have to take all the refugees "because it makes no sense for them to come and be near us".

The top 5 nationalities represented by refugees accepted in the UK last year were: Iran  (3,523), Albania  (2,840), Eritrea  (2,373),  Iraq (2,125) and Sudan (1913). So it would seem UK overseas involvement in conflict is not the biggest factor.

Being fair, even without UK involvement I think Syria & Libya would be in a similar position today, and I suspect Iraq too as Saddam couldn't rule forever. The Afghanistan conflict I have a little more sympathy with, if your a nation actively supporting and harbouring terrorist organisations that attack other countries you are asking for trouble as nations will defend themselves. I don't see UK involvement in Ethiopia / Eritrea, Iran, Albania or Somalia where we also get significant numbers from.

I fully support the UK keeping out of conflicts. Regardless of good intentions, I'm struggling to think of military involvements since Bosnia where we have had a positive impact. Perhaps some sort of mandatory training should be given to each Prime Minister on the outcome of previous UK interventions. I'm probably showing my political naivety, but I would also love it if the UK stood down from the UN Security council. It's time for us to recognise we are a relatively small Island nation rather then some world power who sets the rules and scale back our involvement appropriately - again, maybe my New Zealand comparator would be appropriate.

• 1 month later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 10/17/2021 at 11:46 AM, coypondboy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58894877

Looking forward to seeing a few land on bournemouth beach next summer mind you if its a typical hot sunny day or bank holiday they will be easy to mingle with the tourists down from London.

Funny I saw the coastguard ship patrolling by isle of wight yesterday around 4pm where they anticipating some dinghies coming over from France or waiting to see if the french fisherman decide to blockade the ports and euro tunnel having threatend to do so last Friday.  

Belarus providing 7 day tourist visa's to assylum seekers and helping them to enter europe, it will be ryanair next offerning free flights just need to parachute over the channel to be picked up by RNLI.  Hope Patel has a plan for next year as starting to get serious.  We have 500 families being housed in  bournemouth hotels from next month I will be seeing them on my daily bike ride through the gardens and along the prom.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58952867

HOLA448
14 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

Funny I saw the coastguard ship patrolling by isle of wight yesterday around 4pm where they anticipating some dinghies coming over from France or waiting to see if the french fisherman decide to blockade the ports and euro tunnel having threatend to do so last Friday.  

Belarus providing 7 day tourist visa's to assylum seekers and helping them to enter europe, it will be ryanair next offerning free flights just need to parachute over the channel to be picked up by RNLI.  Hope Patel has a plan for next year as starting to get serious.  We have 500 families being housed in  bournemouth hotels from next month I will be seeing them on my daily bike ride through the gardens and along the prom.

This is particularly funny to me as I know the Isle of Wight coastguard were actually attending a stuck cow yesterday!

(The imagined bovine enemy didn't come from France either.)

HOLA449
12 minutes ago, byron78 said:

This is particularly funny to me as I know the Isle of Wight coastguard were actually attending a stuck cow yesterday!

(The imagined bovine enemy didn't come from France either.)

blimey hope they had a crane onboard still steak and chips on the menu for the sailors for next 3 days, the boat was a proper navy vessel not an RNLI orange one.

Edited by coypondboy

HOLA4410
2 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

blimey hope they had a crane onboard still steak and chips on the menu for the sailors for next 3 days, the boat was a proper navy vessel not an RNLI orange one.

Genuinely didn't know the result. Looks like they actually rescued it!

https://www.islandecho.co.uk/cow-rescued-from-bottom-of-cliff-at-st-catherines-point/

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Blackpool and Scarborough have them already along with the feral kids 

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

Climate change and BREXIT will make this much worse would love to know how many have been snet back to France as most seem to be young black or asian men of a young age with no kids.  Patel has gone quiet on this but the worry is we could get a new variant strain like the Kent strain which was then exported to the rest of the world before the indian variant this year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10154941/Number-migrants-crossing-Channel-SIX-TIMES-higher-month-October-2020.html

What would happen if this increases to 1 million a year with dinghies arriving from the north sea to lands end?

HOLA4414
7 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

What would happen if this increases to 1 million a year with dinghies arriving from the north sea to lands end?

The NHS would end up with a Surplus of Doctors the extra Engineers who come ashore from the Dinghy's could always re train as HGV drivers.    

HOLA4415

Record number of people cross Channel to UK in small boats

Despite the low November temperatures, at least 853 people came to the UK, the Home Office confirmed. The figure surpasses the previous daily record of 828 set in August.

The figures will prompt renewed concern in Downing Street and the Home Office after high-profile pledges that the numbers of people entering the UK by boat would be curbed. It was widely assumed that the numbers of arrivals by boat would drop in the winter.

Guardian

• 1 month later...
HOLA4416

30K arrived last year I wonder what the number will be this year, still good to see the RNLI getting ready with record funding to build some bigger boats, maybe they could buy a few old cruise ships now that covid causing operator's to cancel holidays in US already.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/02/rightwing-attacks-rescues-uk-lifeboat-charity-fundraising-rnli-royal-national-lifeboat-institution

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, coypondboy said:

Just the 271 yesterday over 500 so far in 2022 and calm weather for next 2 weeks looks like a new record for January.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59985488

It will carry on until the ability to house/process the numbers is saturated and then we will have permanant shanty towns in our major cities like France is developing. Then there will be no point in taking the risk in the channel.

Look on the bright side though if Corbyn was in power everyone with an empty bedroom would be allocated a few to look after.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4419
On 02/01/2022 at 13:27, coypondboy said:

30K arrived last year I wonder what the number will be this year, still good to see the RNLI getting ready with record funding to build some bigger boats, maybe they could buy a few old cruise ships now that covid causing operator's to cancel holidays in US already.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/02/rightwing-attacks-rescues-uk-lifeboat-charity-fundraising-rnli-royal-national-lifeboat-institution

The cruise ships thing seems like a good idea. People on this thread are incredibly concerned about the safety of migrants crossing the channel, so picking them up directly in France and shipping them safely here for processing means
1. They will be completely safe, much to the happiness of the people on this thread
2. We won't lose track of them and anyone failing the asylum check can be deported

HOLA4420
20 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

The cruise ships thing seems like a good idea. People on this thread are incredibly concerned about the safety of migrants crossing the channel, so picking them up directly in France and shipping them safely here for processing means
1. They will be completely safe, much to the happiness of the people on this thread
2. We won't lose track of them and anyone failing the asylum check can be deported

Very sensible, safe and no lives lost.... registered and tracked, returned if not a genuine asylum seeker......;)

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Last year the deported…. Wait for it… 

7 failed asylum seekers. Once they are here they are going nowhere

HOLA4422
Just now, debtlessmanc said:

Last year the deported…. Wait for it… 

7 failed asylum seekers. Once they are here they are going nowhere

Of course because there's a huge money making exercise attached to it now in processing the meat. 

NGOs, Legal representation, transport, housing, social services....the list goes on. 

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Of course because there's a huge money making exercise attached to it now in processing the meat. 

NGOs, Legal representation, transport, housing, social services....the list goes on. 

So the idea of putting on transport for claims is basically putting up a big sign saying anyone who make it to france can come the uk and you will never be removed. Easentially open borders.

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

You are against a brick wall here unfortunately:

- its about safety ( so you offer a safe route)

- we don't deport failed claimants ( so you make the deportation arrangements and agreements)

- it costs too much to deport them ( so you offer to process them in France)

- you are encouraging them to come ( so you propose a refugee quota share across Europe so no guarantee get to choose just a safe country)

- we're full rah rah rah.

That has been the immigration debate for last few years and the 'concern' about crossings is politically about safety

HOLA4425
2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

But do we have enough cruise ships. 

I think 100 thousand will cross by dinghy this year. But if we put on cruise ships the figure will be nearer 500 thousand this year.